dont pay attention to this

by playerj09

In this day and age losing your wallet in a busy public place is almost a guarantee that you will never see it again. At least, that’s what I thought when I lost mine at Buffalo Wild Wings one day.

I was with my uncle, his neighbor, Keith, and Keith’s son, Brandon. We ate our lunch of hot wings and fries then talked about football for awhile as me and my uncle are Bengals fans and Keith and Brandon liked the Steelers. After awhile Brandon and I went to play some arcade games but I realized that I had no quarters to play the games with so I took out my wallet, took out a dollar and put it into the change machine. With wallet still in hand, I sat down at a racing game, put in the quarters and proceeded to play my racing game. Shortly after that we left and it wasn’t until I got home that I noticed that my wallet was nowhere to be found.

At first, I didn’t even think of the possibility that I might have left my wallet at Buffalo Wild Wings so I called my uncle and had him look in his car and all around his house but he couldn’t find it anywhere. The next day I went to his house to look for it myself. I looked in his car under the seats, under the couches and behind everything but all to no avail. After an exhaustive search of all three stories of the house it was still nowhere to be seen. Then the thought occurred to me to call Buffalo wild wings and see, on the off chance if someone found it and turned it in. I asked the guy that I talked to to go look around the game that I played and around our table but I’m sure that he just stood there with the phone in his hand for a minute until he told me he couldn’t find it.

Now that I had exhausted all possible options for where my wallet could be, a cold and morbid conclusion was made in my head: my wallet was found by some random moron at Buffalo Wild Wings who probably immediately took the money and threw away all my cards, or just took the cash and chucked the entire wallet into the nearest trash can. Inside the wallet was around 30 dollars and at the time I was only around fourteen so the only other things I had in it were my library card, and some fake money from the Korean war that belonged to my grandpa. The wallet itself was given to me when I was really young by my grandma and it’s the only one I’ve ever had so it actually meant a lot to me just by itself. But now I was convinced that I would never see it again for the rest of my life.

The day after that I went to school like normal and when I got home my dad informed me that some one had found my wallet.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:22 pm

Okay, this is an interesting. Its not every day that you see a story that appears to be completely dedicated to a wallet and what happens when one loses it, but I have to say I am quite intrigued by this one. I wonder what sort of message its trying to get at here, because it seems like we've gone and geared up to a situation where its all going to turn out the opposite of how this person expected it to turn out.

Hmm well with that whole chain of events from earlier and with the way its expanding you can definitely sense a bit of a buildup happening here to what I hopefully sense correctly is to be some sort of happy ending from the looks of things. I can't wait to see what ends up going down here which is not something I expected to be saying going into this.

Well that was rather anticlimactic and a bit meh after. I feel it really took a nosedive on the pacing and several other things towards the end, what with the info dump almost there about the history of the wallet and why it matters and then just that very flat ending about the wallet having been found my a random person. I honestly don't quite know what to make of that ending here.

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack