z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Violence

Darkness Becomes Me

by pirateslife4me


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

 Gina P.O.V. 

Where am I, where is my family? 

Looking around, all I could see was black. No outlines or anything; just darkness. I stretched out my arms in search of a light switch of a sort, but I had no luck. Instead, I felt a cloth-like material, cold to the touch.

My heart stopped as I suddenly heard a sound, kinda like a scratching noise. I shut my eyes trying not to think about all that could be out there at this current moment. Maybe, what felt like ten minutes later I tried to reach out again hoping to find something, but this time I did feel something. It was wood, Red-Oak, freshly cut and sanded you see I used to be in Woods class at school so that's how I could tell it was wood. I had this class with Mr. Mackler in tenth grade but the best part was I was the only girl. He wasn't the nicest guy you could meet but, he did help you out when you needed it. My favorite class was Art, because he was there; tall dark and mysterious. But, that part of the story comes a little later, well even if their is a later. 

This is it, it all makes sense. I am inside of coffin that was hand-made just for me. Only one person knows my height and measurements but he wouldn't do that to me. Memories started to pour into my head as i remembered all that happened to me:

FLASHBACK TO EARLIER THAT DAY:

Ouch my head, why does this always happen to me? Huh, where am I and why do I feel so strange?

I opened my eyes to see a bright light not like that you dead light but like a hospital light.  

“Oh good you’re awake. I thought the knock out gas we used was too strong for you. Guess we were wrong huh, next time we will use a stronger dose on you.” I heard a voice say coming from what seemed like the left side.

'There was a mask; kinda like a breathing mask, but it was not pumping out oxygen but an unknown gas. My mind went black as my vision blurred out as I breathed the gas in, I did not want to but it was either that or death.

“It has nothing to do what you have done, but what your parents have done. Don’t even try to cover for them either or act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.”

"'Hello? Can anyone hear me? Helloo? I am not dead yet! HELP ME PLEASE!' I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping someone would hear me.

I lost all hope as reality hit me: No one is going to save me and even if they did how would they even find me? I'm in a damn coffin for goodness sake! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 5229
Reviews: 80

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 4:38 pm
View Likes
Jurelixranoanad says...



*CRINGES* Hi, J here for a review.
Well I'm officially creeped out. I love that story it was creepy and dark and suspenceful. Granted there is some editing to be done but I can over look that. I like the length of this story you said half of what you needed to say which just made it even more creepy. I've always loved this type of story and you have a knack for writing it. I hope to see you write more of this soon.

Good Job and Keep Writing!!






wow thank you so much i really needed to hear something like that. I never thought my story was good.



User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 5229
Reviews: 80

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 4:38 pm
Jurelixranoanad says...



*CRINGES* Hi, J here for a review.
Well I'm officially creeped out. I love that story it was creepy and dark and suspenceful. Granted there is some editing to be done but I can over look that. I like the length of this story you said half of what you needed to say which just made it even more creepy. I've always loved this type of story and you have a knack for writing it. I hope to see you write more of this soon.

Good Job and Keep Writing!!




User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 5229
Reviews: 80

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 4:38 pm
Jurelixranoanad wrote a review...



*CRINGES* Hi, J here for a review.
Well I'm officially creeped out. I love that story it was creepy and dark and suspenceful. Granted there is some editing to be done but I can over look that. I like the length of this story you said half of what you needed to say which just made it even more creepy. I've always loved this type of story and you have a knack for writing it. I hope to see you write more of this soon.

Good Job and Keep Writing!!




User avatar
84 Reviews


Points: 350
Reviews: 84

Donate
Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm
View Likes
DragonNoir wrote a review...



Hello! DragonNoir here for a review!

I must admit, this is really suspenseful, enigmatic and effective. However, you did miss out a lot of punctuation, most commonly captial letters. Allow me to go through those mistakes:

"Where am i," The 'i' should be capital. This is repeated throughout the piece.
"Looking around all i could see was black, no outlines or anything just blackness. I tried to feel around for a light switch of some kind but, no luck instead i felt a cloth like material that was cold to the touch." This could be rewritten more effectively as:
"Looking around, all I could see was black. No outlines or anything; just darkness. I stretched out my arms in search of a light switch of a sort, but I had no luck. Instead, I felt a cloth-like material, cold to the touch."
"'Hello can anyone hear me? Hello i am not dead hear! HELP ME PLEASE' I screamed at the top of my lungs hoping someone would hear." This part could be rewritten as:
"'Hello? Can anyone hear me? Helloo? I am not dead yet! HELP ME PLEASE!' I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping someone would hear me."

Now, on a more positive note, you used italics effectively to show thoughts of the main character, although this could have been incorporated into the piece itself, since it's in first person. Overall, a very suspenseful and effective piece, but you could improve your grammar and punctuation.

I hope this review helped!




User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hello there, pirates!

Woah. This was super short! Thanks for giving me something to review real quick. XD
I like how you have the protagonist as confused as the reader here. You've established the fact that she's in the dark - both physically and emotionally - about whatever's going on here. But, like I said, this was so short, and you didn't add any other elements and it went by so quickly, I blinked and it was over.

What felt like ten minutes went by and nothing happened.

You didn't give much details about this statement, and that's nagging at me. What was she doing during those ten minutes? Twiddling her thumbs to pass the time or keeping up her screaming? You could expound on that material she felt - what was it? She could feel around her surroundings - was she in a square confinement or something else? your ending statement about lost hope gives us this impression she was not in a good place and can't find her way out, so that takes out the chances of her finding a way to escape. But, either way, she had to be doing something during those lost ten minutes or what felt like ten minutes, and we need to know what.

Wait this can't be true. Am i.... am i dead? No that is impossible i can't be dead. I have my whole life ahead of me. 

This isn't a huge deal, but these kind of sentences always bother me. I would think a person would know if they'd be dead or not! But since she was so sure she was, how did she find out she wasn't? This doubting skips to her yelling she's not dead. What happened between those statements?

Now, on to some grammar!
I noticed you had lowercase 'I's throughout most of this story, which really isn't grammatically correct. A good rule to keep in mind is always capitalize your 'I's when they stand by themselves.

I tried to feel around for a light switch of some kind but, no luck instead i felt a cloth like material that was cold to the touch.

This should be two sentences, and not all combined together into one long run-on statement. I'll give you an example of what I mean: "I tried to feel around for a light switch of some kind but, with no luck. Instead I felt a cloth-like material that was cold to the touch." (I put in bold the few things I changed up).

Hello i am not dead hear!

I think you meant "here" instead of "hear", and as previously stated, that "i" should be capitalized. ; )

Those were my little nit-picks for you to go over and read. If you have any questions about anything I said, don't be afraid to ask! This has the potential for a great read, and I hope you keep up your work.
Have a great day! :D
-TheKid




User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 1454
Reviews: 44

Donate
Fri May 05, 2017 5:16 pm
View Likes
CharlotteS wrote a review...



What's up? Charlotte here for a review.

This was interesting. You classed it as a novel/chapter but there doesn't seem to be much of a novel there. This is short and there isn't much detail. That being said I did like this. It is suspenseful and will make a good horror story in time.

I see you have some lower case 'i's' in there. One of the keys to good writing is edit, edit and edit some more.

I feel like this would be an amazing story but you need to add more detail and make sure you check over before posting it

I did like this very much, it just needs enhancement in it's detail.





Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat