Home » Literary works » Short Story » Dramatic

16+ Language Mature Content

Another S***** Day

by phoebebridgerslover

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

1/6/2021

The moon is in the last quarter phase. I sit in bed ranting on some sketchy website trying to fill the void. I'm empty. I crave the affection of an unrequited lover. I crave the warm embrace of another human. My brain is scattered, the days are blurring, and I sit in my dark room starring at the ceiling hoping that somehow tomorrow will feel like the same shit hell today and everyday before this has felt like. I cant even process my own words and thoughts everything feels like the same pain. Nothing I do is ever good enough.

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 pm
Zoom wrote a review...

Hello Phoebe,

Zoom here for a "review" even though you said you don't want anyone to reply.

Anyway, first a note about curse words. Because this site is used by very young writers, we do ask that works are rated in accordance to their content. The below page will explain more:

Content Ratings Guidelines

I don't really know how those rules apply to titles. Language ratings aren't really helpful if there's a curse word in the title itself - I would assume in this case you would need to star it out: "Sh***y" for example. Put it this way, if a twelve-year-old user of this site was in their family room using their family PC, and they navigated to the Literary page, a swear word would appear automatically without their "consent" for want of a better phrase. That could result in a very awkward conversation with their parents. Anyway, you're new so nobody is mad <3

and I sit in my dark room starring at the ceiling hoping that somehow tomorrow will feel like the same shit hell today and everyday before this has felt like.

Do you mean 'won't' instead of 'will'?

Overall: this is an intriguing piece and left me feeling empathetic. I like that even though it's so short, it reveals a lot. I like the opening, how it starts with the detail about the moon. It feels oddly specific but in a good way.

I'm guessing based on your comment that this is written from your own POV. Don't worry about being "dramatic". Never feel like you need to rein in how you're feeling to please other people. If this is how you feel then it's how you feel and other people need to accept that. Maybe there's things you can do to work on your mental wellbeing, but what i'm saying is that you don't have to apologise on your own behalf.

I like that you didn't hold back on anything. You were able to pack a lot of emotion into such a short collection of words. You're able to fuel your writing with your emotions very well so that's a talent you should explore.

Not much else to say, really. I just wanted you to know that you can post whatever you want. You never know who might relate to your situation and have something helpful to say!

-Zoom

Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 am
stygianmoon17 wrote a review...

Hi, sorry but I have to reply to this xD

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be from your, your OC, (or MC's) diary- but this is great ! It's short, a simple read, and wow is it effective.

It's short so there's not much I can say about it, but this is beautiful in its' own very unique way. I do admit it's dramatic, depressing even- but it's a diary. Of course all the entries wouldn't be just sunshine and rainbows. And let's admit it here.. most people start a diary because they have too much weight on their heart, so it's pretty understandable.

If this entry is more.. personal, I just hope you're doing alright now
And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be there :)

Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:19 am

god im so f****** dramatic sorry lol no one reply to this

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li