z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

foxes and wolves

by pepper1313


In a land beyond What our eyes can see a place called Canine Valley resides.

There is a very good reason for the name you see.

It's called that because it is most well known for its foxes and wolves. There are other animals but not as well known yet

No human should ever set foot in Canine Valley. Whenever humans step foot into canine valley they have never been seen again.

The foxes and wolves despise each other so much that you can be sure that if a fox or a wolf saw each other a mile away they would call an attack.

The wolves called themselves the omega pack, their leader went by the name of Alpha.

The foxes called themselves fire foxes there leader went by the name of Pain.

The Their feud is so old that is doubtful that anyone remembers what it’s about.

But, anyway, it's time to start the story, let's go.

Chapter one, Aspen sees red

“Good luck Aspen!” Called Aspen’s little sister Luna. “Thanks” Aspen said her voice dripping with sarcasm. Then Aspen bolted into the forest muttering under her breath. “Who does father think he is sending me hunting on my own? He’s not the Alpha. Why couldn't I go pup-sit with Luna! Gah! I can’t believe I just said that”. Aspen stopped her rant and looked up and saw that she was about to crash. “Really?!̈” Aspen yelled at the tree she had almost crashed into. She glared at the tree. Then out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of something red in the bushes. Is it a fox? thought Aspen excitedly as she crept closer to the bushes. To her disappointment it was not a fox, but two plump red hens.

Aspen crept toward the hens and leaned down for the kill, she then scooped them up and turned around to start going back the way she came. Suddenly there was a flash of the colors rusty red, white, and black.

Aspen gasped, in front of her stood a sneaky looking fox. He had stolen the two hens! He had a huge smirk on his snout.

“Oh are these yours wolfy?” He said in a mocking tone.

“Yes they are” Replied Aspen a bit annoyed

“Not anymore! They’re mine now.'' He replied cheekily.

Then, he turned to look over his shoulder as he ran away and yelled, “Bye wolfy!” Aspen turned in his direction and yelled to the rusty red spot in the distance. “I hate you, you, you little Imp!.” Aspen yelled.

She started walking back to her den. Her head hung low. “I can’t believe I didn't stop that stupid fox.” muttered Aspen.

She swiped and grabbed its front legs, pulled it forwards killing it, then walking away from it and killingthe other deer.

Aspen howled for help and a few seconds later Luna bounded through the bushes. “What did you catch?” Luna asked excitedly, almost jumping out of her fur. “Two full grown deer.” replied Aspen in a very bored tone. “So where is the other one?” Luna teased. “What?” Aspen turned around. To double check her two deer were still there. Thankfully they were.“Luna!” Aspen yelled and started chasing her sister around. “Hey stop” said Luna through a giggle. Aspen looked in the direction the fox had run and glared at it murderously. Luna gasped and started chanting“You’re in love! You're in love! You’re in love! You‘re in love! You're in love! you’re in love! You’re in love! You're in love!.” “No I am not!” snapped Aspen. “Fine but tell me what's wrong?” Luna asked with puppy dog eyes. “No, it was a stupid male fox, he stole my first catch!.” Said a very angry Aspen. “How dare he!” Luna gasped. “We must go tell father”. decided Luna.“No we must reported this to the Alpha” Aspen said firmly. “Fine you can go, but i am not going” Luna said firmly.”No you're coming even I have to drag you by the neck” Aspen said annoyed. “B-but” stuttered Luna.“No buts! We are going!” barked Aspen. Luna and Aspen dragged the deer to the dens.

Suddenly there was a rustle in the bushes nearby.

Aspen slowly raised her head to look at the bushes.

She decided to check it out. She crept towards the bushes as quietly as possible ducking down low. In the bushes stood two full grown deer. Aspen waited until one of the deer was in front of her. 

“Great catch Aspen!” their father said as he walked out of their den. “Thanks father” Aspen voice couldn’t be filled with anymore sarcasm.

“Was that sarcasm in your voice?”

Their father asked confused. “Not the point dad!” snapped Luna. “We must see the Alpha Its urgent!” Pleaded Aspen. “Correction she needs to I’ll happily enough sit this one out” contradicted Luna. “Don’t mind her please dad”. Begged Aspen. “Fine you may go see him” their father said unsure. “Thank you father!”. Aspen said without a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Aspen and Luna walk towards the Alpha’s special spot.

“How can I help you?”

A booming voice questioned. “Sir, my sister Aspen had a run in with a male fox, he stole the first thing she caught”. Explained Luna a bit bored. “You mean to tell me that a male fox stole the first thing your sister caught!?”. Boomed the Alpha.

“That is correct”. Confirmed Aspen. “Thank you for bringing this to my attention. now you may leave, the foxes will pay for this.

Goodbye. Seriously go”.

“Luna”? Asked Aspen. “Yeah” Luna said dully. “That wasn’t so bad, why didn’t you want to come”? Aspen Asked. “I was worried that Misty or trouble would be there thankfully they weren't.'' Replied Luna mentally heaving a sigh of relief. “thank you for telling me”. Aspen said earnestly. “Your welcome darling”. Said Luna with a shrill high pitched tone. Aspen and Luna burst into a fit of giggles.

Luna looked up, and stopped giggling “Ugh, oh no” Luna groaned. “What’s wrong?” Asked Aspen. “Look ahead” replied Luna glumly.

Aspen looked up and saw three feet away stood, Misty one of the sisters

(mostly Aspens) least favorite wolves.

“What do you want Misty.” Aspen spat. “Oh not much I just want to know why you went to see my father that’s all, then you can pass.” Misty said it like she was granting them a huge favour. “Not a chance Misty.” Aspen snapped.

“Wow, you two are like a fox and a wolf, P.s. Misty your the fox and my sister Is the wolf”. Luna said cheekily. Aspen nudged her sister in the shoulder and said “nice sis” And Luna beamed

“how dare you!” growled Misty. As the sisters walked off Aspen looked over her shoulder and yelled “whatever Misty” And they both laughed.

Aspen and Luna arrived at their den a few minutes after that little chat.

“How did your conversation with the Alpha go?” Their father asked. “Okay I guess” Aspen said not really paying attention to what her father was saying.

“I have a great idea let's eat!, great idea Luna let’s eat.” Luna said breaking any tension that started to form. Aspen was practically dragged into into the cave. Their father came just Aspen was cutting one of the two deer. As Luna pawed out the deer, Aspen thought about how much fun it would be to kill that stupid fox.

“So how did your meeting with the Alpha go?” asked their father

“Oh I was practically breathless when saw the amazing Alpha!” Luna joked.

“It didn’t go the way I had hoped” admitted Aspen

“Well most things never really go the way we planned or hoped” their father said .“Yeah yeah yeah, can we eat now?” asked luna

“Yes of course!” said there father. Luna scarfed down her portion of the deer.

Meanwhile Aspen ate her’s slower than Luna but faster then her father “well i’m going to bed, don’t wake me up before the sun rises”Luna said as she left to go to her room

“Oh kay, that’s totally not going to happen” said Aspen. “Goodnight father” Aspen said while yawning “Goodnight girls” their father said.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 pm
LadyMysterio wrote a review...



Hello, cool story idea.
I noticed that you left out, by mistake i assume, the part where aspen catches the first deer, there is a weird gap there.
The part where they go tell Alpha about the fox is a bit confusing as it says " a booming voice questioned" then its saying what happened to aspen then its says "Luna explained a bit bored.
I also noticed that there are a lot of parts where, you should have a quotation mark, or where you should have a capital letter. so maybe just go through and double check those thinks.
Lastly sometimes there is a space were there shouldn't be, like you accidentally pressed the return button.
Other than that, its a cool story!




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 204
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:47 am
Horselover1001 says...



Hey pepper1313,

This story is already one of my favs. Its got a good solid plot and I can see it going places. My only question is what or who is this story really about? Yes I know that its about canine valley but is there a human who goes there and is seen again.

Your sincerely Horselover1001




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:45 pm
Horisun wrote a review...



Hello, Pepper1313, welcome to the Young Writers Society! I hope you love it as much as I do!
I'd like to start by saying that this story already seems very interesting, and the title captivated me right off. So, high five for that! I like the narrative you've taken with the story, I always enjoy stories that feel like camp fire tales, or a bed time story, one to one, among friends, ya know? I know that's subjective, but thought I'd mention it.
There were a few things I noticed that I'm going to point out here.
First of all, in the line, "No human should ever set foot in Canine Valley. Whenever humans step for in canine valley they have never been seen again." Two things, first, the second canine valley should be uppercased, like the first one, second thing is that instead of "They have never been seen again," It should be, "They will never be seen again," Or "They are never seen again."
As for "The wolves called themselves the omega pack, their leader went by the name Alpha." Overall, I love that last half of the sentence, it just sounds so epic! However, Omega should be uppercased.
As for, "The foxes called themselves the fire foxes there leader went by the name of pain." Same thing with the 'fire foxes' also, it might be easier to read if you changed the sentence to something like, "The foxes called themselves the Fire Foxes, and there leader went by the name of pain." Also, one more thing about this line, "There" should be "Their"
Other than that, this is looking really good, and I look forward to the next one! Mind letting me know when the next one comes out?
Keep on writing, and have a great day!





All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard