z

Young Writers Society


12+ Language Mature Content

Stand Together

by officiallyariotxoxo


Every single morning in LA, I wake up to a ridiculous amount of sunlight coming through the huge windows. I don't hate Justin's house, because I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's ultra modern, so just about every outside wall is glass. Yes, we have a nice view of Los Angeles, but it's not my style. I didn't grow up in this kind of environment.

I miss living in Canada with my parents. There was always someone in the house with me and it was a small town in Canada. I could go somewhere, and people rarely come up to me. Since I've been living here, it's impossible to do anything or go anywhere without security blocking Paparazzi or Beliebers from me.

Thankfully, Justin's rehearsals are finally over. I've missed him the past 3 and a half months. He would wake up in the morning, leave, and then come home 10 hours later just to go to bed again. It's been hard, having to take care of our five month old, Kylie by myself.

We only have one more week of freedom before the tour starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin leaned against the counter with a bag of chips in his hand. "Why don't you go out and do something?"

I laid Kylie down in her swing after she finished her bottle, then walked past Justin and reached into the bag for a chip. "Because people follow me. It's weird."

"I know, but you can't stay in this house forever." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't mind." I walked around to the other side of the counter and sat in the chair.

"Call your best friend, Lily. Go shopping and buy clothes and make-up or whatever. Girly things."

I gave him a weird look. "Um, no. I'm not wasting my money on shit I don't need."

He rolled his eyes and reached into his pocket. "Here." He slid a credit card across the counter in my direction. "Spend my money." He pointed to the card. "That's yours to keep."

I pushed it away. "I don't want it. I have my own money."

"Save your money. Wherever it's coming from."

"It's legal." I reassured. Justin still doesn't know about my college funds, or that mysterious Christmas present from my Mom.

He pushed the card back to me. "Use it."

"I don't need to go shopping."

"Well we're leaving soon for the tour... You don't want to have nice clothes?"

I glared at him. "What's wrong with my clothes?

He groaned and dropped his head. "Nothing, babe. I'm just saying, you should live up to the lifestyle." I ignored him. "Sorry. I think that came out a little messed up."

I nodded. "Just a little."

"I'm not trying to offend you. You need to get out and be a kid though. You're eighteen, go dow something fun. You deserve it."

"Can I have those chips?" I asked, changing the subject.

He sighed and passed the bag of chips to me. "I'm going to call Lily, okay?"

"She's busy."

He ignored me and walked out of the kitchen.

~~~~~

Lily and I walked down the sidewalk towards the restaurant we planned on going to. "When's the wedding, Hailey?!" I heard someone yell.

God. That's probably the number one question I always get when I'm out in public.

I stopped and turned towards the person asking me this. He had a camera, signifying the he's definitely from either a magazine or a website. "We're not engaged." I informed him.

Lily grabbed my arm and pulled me along. "Never stop and argue with them."

I'm still learning the rules of being out and about. There's so many things I'm not allowed to do and I'm not allowed to say it's hard to keep track. "Justin does."

She laughed and let go of my arm. "Justin does everything a little backwards."

"Hmm."

We walked into the restaurant and sat down in the corner. "Soo," She folded her hands on the table. "What's new? I haven't seen you in forever."

I shrugged. "Not much. My life isn't that exciting. It consists of doing the same thing every single day."

"Which is...?"

"Well... sit around most of the day, I sleep whenever Kylie sleeps, sit by the pool, wait for Justin to come home so I can have some human interaction... and that's pretty much it."

"How are you and Justin? Everything's working out, right?"

I shrugged. "For the most part. We've been fighting a lot more than usual. It's mostly my fault though. I tend to get really bitchy when I'm stressed. Lucky for me Justin knows when to walk away."

A waitress came to bring us our drinks and take our order. I'm still not used to people being completely star struck around me

Chapter 2

(A/N I don't want to waste coins, so I'm doing all my chapters on here)

"What are you stressed about? The tour?"

I shook my head. "No. It's just hard taking care of a baby by yourself. Justin helps whenever he can, but he cant be up all night with her. As for the tour... I'm just scared. He's not going to have time for anything."

She frowned. "Did you talk to him about this?" I shook my head. "You should."

"He's only one person. He can't please everyone."

She half smiled at me. "He's actually going to have more time with you when he's touring, believe it or not. When do you guys leave?

I took a sip of my water. "A couple more days. I'm pretty sure he's throwing some party tonight for the team if you want to come."

"I would, but I'm leaving for Texas in the morning to spend some time with my family." Darn. I'm not looking forward to spending the whole night with a bunch of people I don't know. "Where do you want to go next?"

"I think I'm going to dye my hair..."

She smiled. "Okay! I'll take you to where I get mine done. They're great there. What color are you thinking?"

"Just a darker brown. I'm so bored with it right now."

She nodded. "That would look nice. Let's hurry up and eat cause now I'm really excited."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the front door of the house with all of my bags. "I'm home!" Lily followed me into the kitchen. "Justin?" I set my bags on the counter. "Where the hell is he?"

Lily walked right up to the fridge and started digging through it. "I hope you don't mind..."

"Nope. I'll be right back." I left the kitchen and walked up the steps. "Justin?"

Justin came walking through Kylie's doorway, and shut the door behind him. "Wow, I was staring to think you were never coming home." He walked up to me, and pecked my lips. "Did you have fun?" He took a lock of hair and examined it. "Why did you do that?"

I frowned. "You don't like it?"

"I think it looks nice.. but why?"

I shrugged. "I need a change. I backed up a little. "Lily's downstairs."

"Okay..." He grabbed my hand and started walking down the steps. "Hi, Lily."

She was sitting on the counter eating out of a carton of ice cream. "hey."

"I see you already raided my freezer."

"Yep." She responded, popping the 'p'.

Justin looked at all the bags all over the place. "I hope you bought me something."

I shook my head. "Nope."

"I did."

We both looked over at Lily. "You did?" I asked.

She nodded and hopped off the counter. She started digging through one of her bags. When she found what she was looking for, she walked over to Justin and handed it to him.

"Uh..." He gave her a weird look. I stretched my neck to see what he was holding.

"Lily.... Why did you buy me a box of condoms?"

"Your girlfriend is stressed...and I think one little Bieber is enough."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 872
Reviews: 171

Donate

User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 362
Reviews: 16

Donate
Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 pm
221B wrote a review...



This is coming along very well! I truly don't mind this story, though it is a bit dry.

Something I noticed was that you use a lot of dialogue. That's not a bad thing, dialogue is a very useful tool in stories, but, because this is in first person, try to add more inner thoughts or things that the person is noticing. If you were writing this from your own point of view as you went through these scenes, you would most likely have more observations than just him passing you the bag of chips. You would notice that Justin said something in a certain way, or if something was on his shirt or if the shirt was wrinkled. Try to add some more emotion into the story. As it is now the sarcasm and annoyance is coming on a tad too strongly for a love story. Maybe have your character share something like worry for his health (lack of sleep or not eating healthily enough), or express interest in what he's been doing.

I will say, though, I'm very impressed with how realistically your character is reacting to dating a celebrity. Instead of the usual "OMG I'm dating Justin BIEBER!!!" attitude, your character is pretty down to Earth and not over the top obsessive.

Can't wait to see where you go with this!
~ 221B




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 6441
Reviews: 110

Donate
Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:35 pm
Gardevite wrote a review...



Hello, review time :)

First I'm going to correct some spelling/grammar. :)

In your second paragraph it says "People rarely come up to me." That should be "People would rarely come up to me" or "People rarely came up to me."

In your first wave of dialog, you said "dow" and I assume it should be "do".

Those are the only two I could find, they're, as my English teacher would call them, 'Silly Mistakes' that happen to everyone. :)

Okay, now to review the content.

I didn't think I would like this when I first started reading. Usually these Justin Bieber all sound the same. "He picked me out of the crowd, we sang together and fell in love." which gets tedious and annoying. Although yours was different. Realistic, and well written which I thought was a refreshing twist.

I also love how you didn't portray Justin as perfect. I also found that interesting.

When writing about our idols, people we like, famous people, it can be hard because we can tend to put them on a pedestal. but you didn't, which was good.

Very interesting, keep writing. :D





"It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks."
— Tuckster