z

Young Writers Society



The Abyss

by nmk1128


Inversely dream of Infinity’s beauty;

Deeper and deeper into the fictitious abyss.

To see what the mind dreams; to see Infinity.

Outward, with telescopic tech;

Look upon the infinite from our humble speck;

Measurable and tangible from above the neck.

Factions of star clusters;

Galactic magic that defies limitlessness;

Yet, the inward abyss, envied by all of it. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
621 Reviews


Points: 4984
Reviews: 621

Donate
Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm
View Likes
Rook wrote a review...



I read a lot of poems on this sit really really fast, but yours for some reason forced me to slow down and really focus on what you're saying. I'm still not quite sure what you're saying, but I like the mood of it and I think this is a piece where you don't have to know what you're saying, because it wouldn't quite make sense anyway.
This poem reminds me of the insignificance of the entire human race. I understand that you're talking about space and how amazingly infinite it is, and I think you did a really good job! Your writing style is evident and your words flow smoothly.
I definitely like your topic and how you described it. You did really well.
Keep writing! I'm sorry if this review made no sense, But I really have nothing but praise to offer you on this poem.

-fortis Fortitude




nmk1128 says...


I'm glad you enjoyed the story (:



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 1141
Reviews: 13

Donate
Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 am
AmourDevorant says...



I'm a big fan of your choice of topic and his poem brings to mind the concept of a mirror facing another mirror, constantly dividing by half.

And great job with rhyme scheme! I particularly like the sound of the last 2 lines, but my favorite imagery is in line 1-3.




nmk1128 says...


I'm glad it does (: and thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it



User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 3129
Reviews: 68

Donate
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:26 pm
View Likes
ka67 wrote a review...



Oh,such a delicious poem! Hi, Im kameron and Ill do my best to review ;)

First off, Ill start off with the fact I adore the poem. It is a very very good piece and it captured my attention and made me really think to understand it right from the start.I loved the words and the vocabulary and I doubt there are any spelling mistakes, if there are I saw none ;)

OK, now onto the other things. I love the poem, yes, but it could be made longer. The story could be strung out and show the true depths inside the mind of people, of mankind and show the darkest corners and lightest fronts. I think that it really could show that people have their evils and their lighter side. I think you can express what hides in the minds of those who let the evil consume them, and those who let themselves float into the better side of themselves. It would make everything a little less short though the current length makes one think, imagine a longer one more in depth. It lets the reader see into themselves, yes? :)

Other then that ,I dont think there needs to be much else improved. I loved the piece and wouldnt mind reading more!! :D




nmk1128 says...


Thank you for your review! And I suppose I could, but the mind set of man isn't particularly what I was going for, although it is a good suggestion. The reason for it's length is because I seem to enjoy shorter poetry more than I enjoy lengthy works, so to speak, and just feel like if you can capture something concisely then it makes it that much more (forgive me if it comes of pretentious) poetic. Now, by no means do I think myself a poet, but those poets that I do admire condense - Frost and Dickinson to name a few, so I, in my admiration, try to create poems in that fashion, of course, not to the proverbial "T", but in my own "artistic" - if there is a word for it - way.

Feel free to check out my other works and enjoy :D




Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell