z

Young Writers Society



the end

by nashville_skyline


the storm is coming and there is nothing we can do

flood is gonna cover everything, you knew it, didn't you?

it's too late and i'm too weak to swim against the tide

please, don't judge me but I'll have to do what is right

I always thought that the wows we made were kind of silly

I cannot honor them anymore and even if I was willing

would you live with this mess, an empty shell

i know i'm gonna hurt you, but believe me, I ment well

his eyes, god, i cannot shake off that starving gaze

it hurts like hell to look at him, such devastating grace

the sky is raging and there is no way back to the shiny past

I just have to jump, even knowing this craziness wont last

the rain starts to pour, my face gets wet

my hands are shaking, my mind is getting mad

the pain is killing me, I feel that forbidden ache

his touch is gonna be the end of me, but I'm finally awake

the stars are falling, the moon is bleeding

everything went dark except what we were feeling

as we walk down the decadent alley, mere lust is in the air

take a deep breath and succumb to it, before we're swallowed by hell


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
987 Reviews


Points: 15
Reviews: 987

Donate
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:28 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



I’d take it that this poem is about when love cannot be reached,because there is too much in the way of your love.Too many obstacles,to the point where it’s like fighting off the weather.Dangerous,horrible weather.That anxiety that creeps in is like Adrenaline before a ride,a ride of your life.I hope you have a good and lovely day and night.






Hello vampiricone6783, thank you very much for your review - it's a wonderful feeling when somebody gets what you're trying to express. .-) Have a lovely day/evening too and thank you again for reading and reviewing!





You%u2019re welcome!



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 371
Reviews: 35

Donate
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:38 am
Kelisot wrote a review...



Hello, this is Kelisot here, and writing a review for a very long time. I'm not the best at writing techniques or using word-plays very well to engage an audience, but... wow. I don't care if people like your writings or not (don't worry, I liked this piece of poetry you made), but the message and impact it gave me were... wow. Just wow, my friend.

The entire poem seems to be of a narrator talking (Or ranting? Dunno the best term for this situation) to someone else, which I believe is who this "he" supposedly is. And also from some tone of the poetry and the subgenres, I can guess the narrator was in a romantic relationship with this "he"? (Correct if I'm wrong)

It also seems that a few lines support my own theory, and oh boy, as someone who has experienced poor relationships in their own life can agree:

i know i'm gonna hurt you, but believe me, I ment well

his eyes, god, i cannot shake off that starving gaze

it hurts like hell to look at him, such devastating grace


I might be a sensitive, emotional human being, but that line there just impacted me... differently. As if it touched me, somehow giving nostalgia upon several... yeah. (Not going to talk more in case if it goes too personal and accidentally break the rules, so I wouldn't talk more about this)

However, I love how this story between the narrator and "he" causes the narrator quote on quote:

my hands are shaking, my mind is getting mad

the pain is killing me, I feel that forbidden ache

his touch is gonna be the end of me, but I'm finally awake


And in the end, the narrator says:

the stars are falling, the moon is bleeding

everything went dark except what we were feeling

as we walk down the decadent alley, mere lust is in the air

take a deep breath and succumb to it, before we're swallowed by hell


These ending lines were beautiful. Very touching, and the use of words have changed the tone of this poetry-- which I have several theories upon what exactly is going on, but a focus could be made: The narrator didn't have what we would call a "happy ending" here.

Anyways, this is currently what I think of this poetry and my review. I hope that you would continue write more emotional and impacting poetries!






Hello Kelisot, nice to meet you. :-)
Thank you very much for such a beautiful review - you really made my day. :-) It's a real treat to see that somebody not only like what you wrote but even thinks about the story behind that.. it's such a comforting feeling to be heard and knowing that somebody gets what are you trying to say/express. I don't know if I should "spoil" it for you but the narrator is actually talking (or confessing) to a person who she is in a relationship with about being drawn to another person.. and though inner struggle, in the end she gives in to that person even knowing it's gonna end badly, es you cleverly pointed out. Thank you again SO much for taking the time to read my work and reviewing it, it means a ton!



User avatar
672 Reviews


Points: 81482
Reviews: 672

Donate
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:36 am
Plume wrote a review...



Hey there! Plume here, with a review! And welcome to YWS!! I'm a junior moderator, so if you have any questions, feel free to come to me or anyone else with a green username!

I really enjoyed reading your poem!! One thing I think you nailed was the mood. This definitely had a frantic feel to it. I think part of that was owed to the rhyme scheme, too— it definitely made the flow feel faster-paced. This poem speaks of high stakes and betrayal, and the urgency in it was palpable. I think you included just enough narrative in it so that readers wouldn't be confused, but could still come away with their own interpretations. Really nice work!!

One thing I did notice was your capitalization inconsistencies. "I" shifted from being uppercase to being lowercase throughout. I know capitalization is a stylistic choice, but I find it's usually best to be consistent throughout a work. If you did have a reason for alternating it like that, though, I'd be interested to hear it!!

Another thing I saw was that some lines near the end didn't follow that nice rhyme scheme you built up throughout the poem. Since the end is when it's all supposed to come together and be the most satisfying, I didn't see how breaking the rhyme scheme added to the poem. The lines

the rain starts to pour, my face gets wet

my hands are shaking, my mind is getting mad


and

as we walk down the decadent alley, mere lust is in the air

take a deep breath and succumb to it, before we're swallowed by hell


didn't even have slant rhymes in them. I thought that this detracted overall from the impact of the poem and also broke up the flow, since you've already established this nice rhyme scheme. It's just something to think about. Again, if you had a reason for doing it like that, let me know!

Specifics

I always thought that the wows we made were kind of silly


I think here, "wows" is supposed to say "vows."

I just have to jump, even knowing this craziness wont last


Tiny thing: you're missing an apostrophe in "won't."

Overall: nice work!! I think the mood and flow of this poem were very great, and I hope to read more poetry from you soon. And once again, welcome to the website! Until next time!!






Thank you so much for taking all the time to write such a nice and complete review, I really appreciate it!
I'm super ashamed for the grammar mistakes, I'll double check my work next time! I am not a native speaker (obviously :-)) but I aim for my writings to be comprehensible so I'm really greatfull for all your comments.
Also thank you very much for your nice words, this is the first poem I published online so it's very gratifying to see someone reads it and like it. :-)




Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA