z

Young Writers Society



When Seasons Attack!

by nanc21


The tempature is 50*, the wind chill is non-existent. The sun is out and kids are walking around in long sleeve t-shirts. The month is February. The place is Marquette, Michigan. As you can see, the weather for this month is way off balance. When was the last time you could wear shorts in February and not get deathly ill? It is starting to look like spring is here to stay. There is no snow in the forecast and the kids are looking forward to an unusually warm spring break. That is until winter strikes.

The attack is swift and without warning. We went to bed with warm temperatures and a gentle spring rain only to wake up to an over abundance of fresh powder and the snow still falling. It is as if winter is trying to reclaim its last months. As if trying to restore the balance, that is the seasons. Winter will not let spring begin early. Winter will not let spring begin early. And in a late night attack by winter, spring is stopped dead in her tracks. The hopes of an early spring are soon forgotten.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 7

Donate
Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:41 pm
nanc21 says...



this is what happens when i get writers block. i was trying to write a story for EN 111 and this is what come out.




User avatar
683 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 683

Donate


"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk