z

Young Writers Society



Blured Lines

by my_last_defence


Lies and Truth
Friends and Enemies
Love and Hate
What's the difference anymore?
Two powerful emotions
Two important groups of people
Two stories
The lines have become blurred
Nobody knows which is which anymore
Nobody cares


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
563 Reviews


Points: 13816
Reviews: 563

Donate
Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:55 pm
Writersdomain wrote a review...



I have to agree with bubblewrapped here...

Firstly, as bubblewrapped said, it seemed like just word-building. You were throwing out a bunch of contrasts and it seemed as if they didn't mean anything to you. They were just... words, no explanation, no power.

Lies and Truth
Friends and Enemies
Love and Hate (This is what I mean by the words.)
What's the difference anymore? (This seems really simple and a very common question. I think you should try toying with something more original)

Two powerful emotions (Powerful? Nah, I think you can use a better word here)
Two important groups of people (Here and in the next line, you are just estabishing the already obvious contasts between your words. I think that you can make these more interesting. The stories part in the next line was relatively good, but here and above you are just stating the obvious. I suggest rewriting all 3 lines.)
Two stories
The lines have become blurred (This part was pretty good)
Nobody knows which is which anymore (This seems really mediocre. 'which is which' just really bugs me. Try wording it differently. I don't really think you need this line because it a conclusion from the line above, but rewording it might change that)
Nobody cares (An interesting way to end the poem)

I say you should just try rewriting this entire thing and adding some power to your point. It just seems kind of empty and emotionless right now.
as bubblewrapped said, it is a good idea to read other poet's work. I have found that that has really helped me improve in my own poetry.
Keep writing




User avatar
411 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 411

Donate
Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:11 am
Sohini says...



SORRY, but it would be better if u could be more expressive. i didn't get the theme of this poem. maybe it's too small. :?




User avatar
447 Reviews


Points: 2340
Reviews: 447

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:57 pm
Duskglimmer wrote a review...



This sounds like something I would do for brainstorming, just to have the thought expressed on paper where I wouldn't lose it. There would also probably be different ideas for images or phrases scribbled around the outside edges if I was the one working on this.

Try to think more about what it is you're trying to express and build onto this.




User avatar
387 Reviews


Points: 1254
Reviews: 387

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:38 pm
yoha_ahoy says...



Totally cliched and "blured" is spelled blurred.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:44 pm
SolisCookies says...



I thought it was.. Uh.. Written purely of and with cliches, and you could've one better than that. I agree with your point however, some of the lines have been blurred.




User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 10087
Reviews: 701

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:54 am
bubblewrapped wrote a review...



I'm afraid I'm going to be blunt. I apologise in advance for any offense I may cause, please take this as it is meant; CONSTRUCTIVELY...really. :oops:
It's only my opinion, and please dont let this discourage you, but to be perfectly honest I wouldnt call this poetry. You have a concept and you have words which describe this concept, but you do not have rhythm or flow. There isnt even really a unified idea behind it. You have no images. No imagery. There is no art here, just ... word-building. And they're pretty trite words too.
A construct of words that looks like a verse is not a poem. Read through this site and you will see that while there are many types of poetry, they all have some things in common. They use concepts, feelings, colours and sometimes down-right disturbing images to get their meaning across, while this piece is only words clumped together which pretty much has no aesthetic appeal. I realize you're new to the site and I dont know how long you've been writing but I can say you're bound to improve with practice and through association with some of the brilliant young writers hanging around here. Next time, maybe you could try for something a little more abstract. You say that nobody cares. About what? Who are these two groups of people, what do they stand for, how do they interact? Try to look outside the box.





It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain