Skidia Forever, Chapter Five: Showdown

by mintantlers

“Skidia!” Luster cried out happily, he was really glad that she had come so he didn’t need to face another heir. Skidia just ignored his yells and continued to glare angrily at Cohray who had chose to reveal his true form which was a tiger striped creature that had blue eyes and a horse body with a snake tail. He surprisingly had long fangs that reminded Luster of the fearsome Saber Tooth Tiger. He snarled and drooled which made Luster have a disgusted look on his face. Skidia leapt onto a table and shoved Luster off to one side so he wouldn’t get attacked.

“Come on zeh Cohray, aren’t you gonna catch me and then behead me? Ha ha!” she taunted and dodged all of Cohray’s quick attacks. Luster could see that Skidia was using up more strength fighting Cohray than she did when she battled Yanka. Luster grabbed a small wooden stool and was about to throw it at Cohray but he was moving to fast and he had a large chance of hitting Skidia so he didn’t dare when they were fighting in close combat. Skidia then ran outside and a darting Cohray followed right behind. Luster rushed outside and gasped, Skidia had taken the battle up to the roof of their house! Skidia was slashing while Cohray was dodging and pounding with his hooves.

“So Skidia do you wish to give up now?” Cohray hissed he almost bit Skidia who dodged it by rolling under him.

“No way zeh Cohray, actually I think that this is quite exciting and enjoyable.” Skidia replied as she hopped around the roof. Cohray hissed in agreement. Luster was puzzled. Why were they fighting? Why were the heirs after Skidia’s life? What had she done to earn such harsh treatment and why were Tornka and Scorvile having war with one another? And the question that puzzled Luster the most was why Skidia had not told him about the eleven heirs and about their treacherous abilities like the lizard like creature Yanka, and now the leader of them all was a sneaky shape shifter who had tricked him! Luster gritted his teeth and ran inside the house. When he reached the staircase Lily was up from her bed and was clinging onto one of the rails.

“Lily!” Luster cried, he was indeed relieved that his little sister was alright. Luster saw that a lot of dust was falling from the ceiling onto the ground. He felt the entire house shaking under the furious battle between the two heirs. He ran up to Lily and embraced her in his arms.

“Luster, what is going on?” she whined, Luster didn’t answer then a small lamp that was on a table fell and struck Luster’s arm. He started hurrying outside with his sister. Lily’s body was covered in scratches and she looked totally confused. Luster let Lily sit on the porch while he ran and saw that Skidia was on the chimney!

“Skidia!” he shouted, Skidia took at quick glance at him but then resumed striking Cohray and dodging his blows.

“What?” she snarled as she clawed at Cohray who whinnied in pain.

“You’re standing on the chimney! Don’t fall in or you’ll be trapped! Got it?” he screamed. She answered by waving her hand quickly and continued.

“Man, did she even hear me?” Luster muttered as he started climbing onto the roof. Lily ran over and gasped, she saw two aliens fighting each other to the death and her older brother climbing up and he was ready to join the battle.

“Luster!” she wailed but then she shrieked when a vine grabbed her ankle and started to tug her down. She was being tugged into the ground. Luster saw this and jumped back down and tugged Lily. Lily was being pulled on both sides, and she was crying loudly and then Skidia came running towards her and slashed at the vine. This gave enough time for Cohray to make his escape so he started galloping off. Skidia ran towards Cohray who then transformed into a bird and flapped off, cawing in triumph. Lily was crying in Luster’s lap. He ran his fingers through her long hair but then he saw the vine grow again and it now tightened against his ankles and tugged him down. Lily saw this and started to wail hysterically again. Luster saw that Lily wanted to go with him but he shoved her away and he slowly disappeared into the ground. Skidia came running to Lily. Her topaz eyes scanned the area and assumed that Luster had been pulled in so she jumped in the hole.

“Aaaaaahhhhhh!” Luster’s screams echoed through the tunnel. Skidia crawled through it quickly. Then she saw that there was a large hole at the end of the tunnel. She quietly approached the opening and stared in. It was a large underground cavern with metal walls, ceilings, and flooring. Luster was tied up in thick green vines and a spiky haired boy with vines protruding out of his sides was laughing wickedly.

“Luster, you will have a savior coming any minute now. So don’t worry about being in pain any longer. The little girl will come and rescue you. But I will lure her into a trap, a trap that will be almost impossible to break through!” he cackled but then one of his vines shot out and charged for the entrance, toward the place where Skidia laid.

“NO!” Luster shouted when he heard a sound of blood squirting out. Skidia was quick but that couldn’t help her in such a cramp tunnel. Skidia jumped out and land on her feet, she was crouching and her hand was over a wound in her shoulder. She snarled and bared her teeth.

“Zeh Grap! Why don’t you kill me now?” she chuckled but then lunged for an attack. Grap dodged it easily and jumped off to one side.

“You silly girl, how can you chase me in that condition?” he laughed and then he pulled a rope that hung from the ceiling and then a large green barred cage fell on top of Skidia who growled.

“Heh, try as you might but you won’t succeed in breaking it by yourself.” He laughed and ran over to the entrance and disappeared.

“Skidia, what is he talking about?” Luster asked as he struggled to free himself. Skidia walked over to one side and slashed at the cage but instead of the cage breaking the cage electrocuted her hand and she jumped back and stared at her burnt hand.

“Kuh, he really isn’t that dumb as I thought, I might have underestimated Grap.” She took a look around the room and her eyes laid on Luster.

“Luster! Free yourself and come over here!”

“Yeah, I would if I could but look these vines are squeezing tighter and tighter!” Luster then struggled with the vines again. She sighed and knelt down. After rummaging through her pockets she extracted a small short metal device. She pressed a small round glowing button and it unfolded into an odd sword. It was all curved in a weird way and in the middle was a glowing gem. She touched the cold blade and looked at it.

“Luster, don’t move, or you’ll get hurt.” Skidia then tossed the sword at an angle so it wouldn’t hit Luster in the position that he was in. Luster gulped when he saw the sword come twirling toward him. When it came close enough it chopped at the vines which bound him and he was freed! Luster grabbed the sword and ran over to Skidia.

“What do I do now?”

“Touch the cage.” She whispered. Luster did as he was told but nothing happened.

“What if I used this to chop this thing?” he asked.

“No, it’ll just be repelled like my claws were.” She muttered.

“Hey, what about your blood?” she suggested. Luster looked uncertain at his hand and at the blade. Luster stuck out his hand and tossed the sword into the cage. She grabbed it and used it to make a small cut on his finger. He winced and stared at it. She used the blood on the blade and started hacking away at the vines that formed the cage. Luster dripped some blood onto the cage and the blood ate away at it and soon Skidia was free.

“Here.” She said tossing a green pad to Luster who took it reluctantly.

“Skidia, I have a question about the heirs.” Luster said. Skidia looked at him.

“What?” she replied.

“Um, is one of the heirs actually named Quin?” Luster meekly asked. Skidia thought for a moment and nodded.

“Yeah, what of it?” she looked confused.

“Oh, I’ll keep that in mind.” He said with a solemn look on his face.

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell