hurt me, hurt me

by marzipan

Hair – oiled and sullen,
cut as if daring them
to just ask
Lips – red like your guilt
so quick to jump upside-down
so eager to part with a whimper
Eyes – darkened milk saucers,
filled and spilling over with your own pain,
round and so tortured,
perfected amounts of self-pity and defiance
Hands – twisted and small,
writing slander to defame yourself
so you can pretend they’re someone else’s words
and cry in your unmade bed

Scratching so pitifully at your marred wrists,
telling the world of your tears and empty hatred
rejecting the comfort you plead for,
content to rot in your blank expressions and
unwashed shirts

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:13 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

oh yeah, i forgot to add that dont really think the title relates to the poem THAT well maybe you should add something that will interest the readers, but thats just me and titles anyway...still..... i loved the poem

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:59 pm
Wulie says...

Really love this wonderful imagery wonderful words however I agree with niteowl about the title I though 'oh no its going to be boring' I'm not really sure what you should put though I'm not great with titles!
wu x

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:55 pm

I loved it too, but I have just one tiny little thing to say. In the last two lines, I think it would be better if you put the and in the last line "content to rot in your blank expressions/And unwashed shirts" Maybe that's just me, but I think it sounds better that way.

Also your title kinda makes me think of the song "Love me, love me, say that you love me.." Don't ask me why. That's probably just me as well.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:11 pm
AstrangedbeaR wrote a review...

wow i loved this, i have nothing bad to say about it at all! lol. this was fantastic, great imagary and a good choice of words, keep up the good job im looking forward to reading some of your more work :)

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb