Until .

by mandeyy

I thought I was alive
Until I saw your face,
And then I felt real life,
My heart a beating pace.

I thought I had been hearing
Until I heard your voice,
Right then I realized
I had heard just useless noise.

I thought I had been breathing
Until I felt your touch,
Then for moments I stopped
And air came in a rush.

I thought I had been feeling,
Until I saw you fade
Waking up to understand
In my dreams you were only made .

xoxox

bleh I hate this poem .
I'll try and fix it up ,
in my new non - obsessive rhyming way . XD

Actually , cut that . I don't like this poem .

xoxox

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 pm
pudin.junidf wrote a review...

Hi!! it was good, but quite common. I've notice you like rhymes, but sometimes rhymes don't fit in your poem and sometimes when you look for a word that rhymes with another one, the poem becomes boring and the reader looses the sense of it. (not that yours is, because I really like it). I think it tranmits the feeling though, because from what I understand of it, the guy is a fantasy, a dream. I think the poem itself is really god,maybe some changes would do some good to it. I like the way you write, although the rhyme sometimes confuses me.

So, to conlcude, I think the poem is good,and i hope you keep writing.
pudin

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 am
bookaholicgirl says...

i liked it, but the ending kinda sucks, i don't know why you hate it though, the first three stanzas are really good. I liked the third stanza the best.

dogs wrote a review...

this is great Mandy but the rhythm is just a little off. and at the beginning when you said "i thought i was alive until i saw your face. that would be suggesting that you are dead. and then you said "and then i felt real life" so do you think that you are dead cause these two lines are kinda repelling each other in meaning. over all this is good. :D

Juniper wrote a review...

Hey Mandey!

I found this poem pretty similar to your other poem, in a rhyming sense. Your rhyme scheme is decent, but it is definitely not the best, seeing as it's pretty force. :P It's pretty important not to sacrifice your poetry for rhyme, dear.

The theme of this poem isn't actually exciting. :P I don't mean that in a negative way, but to me, poetry is about exciting things, new ways to see things, new ways to write things-- or simply new things! This isn't actually new, because it's a love poem, and those are often overdone, and the rhyme seems fairly common. :P

Aside from that, I think you can write really well. :) Late Welcome to YWS! Hope to see you around.

June

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest