z

Young Writers Society



head trauma (this is a very short poem)

by magusthemad


a madding pain like no other
it tears my brain asunder
a madding pain in my head
i think that i shall soon be dead


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 5041
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:52 am
KittyCatMeow wrote a review...



Hi, magusthemad! Ready for a review?

To begin, I would like to say that you need to improve on grammar. With some many errors, I don't know how you weren't cringing or fixing it up. If that were to be me, I wouldn't let the little poem pass the red tape.

a madding pain like no other
it tears my brain asunder


The rhythm is okay, but you're exaggerating too much what you are trying to say. If you're hospitalized, then it wouldn't be so bad.

a madding pain in my head
i think that i shall soon be dead


Don't be repetitive if a poem is short. I suggest doing something else like writing it in different words or hiding the repetitive style while throwing out more explanations and information.

Overall, you need some help with grammar, and a few minor problems here and there, though I don't think you're bad. The rhythm and flow are near perfect, causing me to gracefully swim through the words and letters.

Keep writing! ;)

~Kitty




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:11 pm
Firestarter says...



Too short, really. There's no definite point to it.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 pm
niteowl wrote a review...



I don't think madding is a word. Perhaps you mean maddening?


Perhaps the second maddening should be changed to piercing, god-awful, accursed, or some other adjective to describe pain.

How ironic. Just I read this, I got a weird sort of pain where my neck mets my skull, and now it's spreading through my head....AHHHH!




User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 5890
Reviews: 65

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:00 pm
Midnight wrote a review...



It was short and sweet. But it's hard to say, I guess the repitition didn't really work with the length but then it got the feeling across...you know when your heard is in pain and your so angry! It's weird whenever I get banged on the head my first reaction is anger, then embarrasment then upset. Might try and do a poem about it myself. lol. But yeah short and sweet and inspiring.




User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 73

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:38 pm
View Likes
convintojm says...



it sounds simply like a short description of a headache or the like but it doesn't seem to hold anything deeper and so leaves the reader going, yeah and what's your point?




User avatar
162 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 162

Donate
Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:06 pm
nickelpickle wrote a review...



okay...

a madding pain like no other


That was a good start...

a madding pain in my head


With a poem this short, you shouldn't be repeating...

i think that i shall soon be dead


A slightly unoriginal ending, but it was okay.

Basically, this poem was entirly too short... You wrote on a topic that needs a whole lot more to it... You need to expand on this...Good rhyming and an okay flow...

Good job!





cron
I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda