z

Young Writers Society



Old Saying

by magusthemad


Old Saying


You know that old saying
“live ever day like it was your last”
i disagree
i think we should live every day
like it was our first
kicking,
screaming,
and pissing where ever
we want to


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
766 Reviews


Points: 650
Reviews: 766

Donate
Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm
Brigadier wrote a review...



Howdy.

Well this would be a nice and witty poem, if you had managed to skate through it without that typo in the first line. "ever" instead of "every" is changing the meaning quite a bit and of course then we're faced with the fact that it's pretty unoriginal. Potty humor in poetry is just weird to see in comparison to the rest of what I mainly read, and if you were going for a majorly humorous poem, there's better ways to pull off a little thing called execution.

Such as punctuation and flow, which sort of exist here but not enough to really take an effect on the reader. It seems that when a writer decides to focus on a specific structure/style, they focus on just that style and forget that all other elements exist. Well they do and it doesn't matter how good a joke you're trying to make about the irony of society, without the supports, it's not going anywhere.

So stanzas. Those would be a nice starting point on the basis of how quickly this poem changes tracks. One of the better ways to introduce relating ideas in a poem, is by creating a new stanza, which keeps half of the bond in the transition. And then also punctuation is heavily needed here.

And also you need a language rating.

So have a nice day.
Happy revmo.
- lizz




User avatar
85 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 85

Donate
Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:43 am
Chanson says...



ha.

me likes.




User avatar
263 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 263

Donate
Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:29 pm
Lollipop says...



This is actually quite a clever poem. You're saying that we should live lives like babies. I like it! :lol:





Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis