Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Hiding In His Shadow

by luna_the_shiekah

This is just a small story I thought of after beating the game. Don't fret, there's NO SPOILERS. I just wondered what Midna did the entire time when she's in Link's shadow when in the light world. So here's my take on it.

Disclaimer: Legend of Zelda, Link & Midna are copyrighted to Nintendo and Shigeru Miyamoto. Please don't sue me.

-

This would normally be considered demeaning for her people. To be forced to hide in a humans shadow and only be of use when called. Yet, Midna couldn't find herself to mind. She'd rather hide in Link's shadow than one of a smelly fisherman or one of a shallow young woman whose only worry is what fabric her dress is or if the boy next door is interested in her.

Midna felt calm hiding in the darkness that lingered behind the hero. She'd lie on her back and take in her surroundings. This calm would last even when he was slashing at a foe or riding on his beloved mare Epona. However, she enjoyed her present state a bit more when they finally reached the desert. The sun was brutal and the temperature far too warm. The sun was directly overhead causing the shadow she hid inside to nearly be non-existent.

She slid directly beneath the human to hide from the blinding sunlight, placed her arms behind her head and looked upwards expecting to see a bright blue sky unmarred by twilight. Instead she found a completely different view, one that was far from a sky and more like one she really shouldn't be seeing. Midna smirked slightly, tilting her head to the side.

Perhaps she liked the view a little too much.

Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 am

OKay...well I will at first say that I'm not really familiar with this fandom, but I'll try and look at this story as a piece on its own. So...well, as far as an opening goes, this is interesting. I don't believe I have the full context to really understand what is going on, but the way you present it does manage to get my interest here.

Hmm this is a decent bit here, showcasing the state this person happens to be in. Its not necessarily getting our attention the most here, but I think it does do a pretty solid job as far as conveying exactly what sort of situation this person happens to be in and I think that does a pretty solid job of keeping our interest here.

This is an interesting end there...I think its a nice sort of nod to this person kind of settling in for what seems like a pretty long haul and its a very powerful note to end on. I suspect this is probably even more powerful if one actually understands all the proper context behind it. At any rate, this was a pretty decent piece right here.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 am
MonKey PuLp says...

lol I like the ending. Pervy and disgusting but still funny.

xXCJXx wrote a review...

That was wonderfully written. Short, sweet, and an enjoyable read. The last bit was, as naturesgirl put it: A piece of priceless humor.

I really liked it. One thing:

Yet, Midna couldn't find herself to mind.

Shouldn't that be "Yet, Midna couldn't find it in herself to mind."?

Anyways, very well written. Thank you for writing it! :3

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:14 am
naturesgirl wrote a review...

luna_the_shiekah wrote:Perhaps she liked the view a little too much.

Haha, now that is some priceless humor. I love it :wink:

Great job!

the morrow wrote a review...

Revive! Buwahahhaa

To be forced to hide in a humans shadow and only be of use when called.

Watch for wordiness.

Sounds strained. Simplify, simplify--"Yet, Midna didn't mind."

Midna felt calm hiding in the darkness that lingered behind the hero. She'd lie on her back and take in her surroundings. This calm would last even when he was slashing at a foe or riding on his beloved mare Epona.

Here you make an unnecessary change from past tense to imperfect.

However, she enjoyed her present state a bit more when they finally reached the desert.

I'm at a loss as to what this sentence means. Her present state? I think you're trying to say that she enjoyed the state she was in before the desert more than her state in the desert...but it all comes off as anachronistic.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:13 am
Alteran wrote a review...

I like your disclaimer.

I've never played this game. I've played Zelda but not this one i'm afraid. You did a very good description and i saw it in my mind. nicely done.

Rock on and they wont sue you. :D

Courtesy of the CCF

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath