thank you for being you

by localcreation

Someone truly special stepped into my life very recently. I think that it is a real blessing [from whoever] when this happens. It was an ordinary day and then, when I went to check my mail, some of the kindest words came out at me from the screen. When you least expect it, a complete stranger will change your whole view on humanity and the capacity of love and kindness that humans are capable of. On that specific day, I wasn't so sure how much we were able to love. I mean, if we show compassion and thoughtfullness to one too many people, will we explode? Really now. But when that specific day, that specific moment brought her to my page to tell me those sweet things about myself, I changed my view. Even if it was only on that day. I mean, who knows where you're going to find kindess quite like that again. All you can do is hope and wait that someone will open their heart to you. It had been so long that I had felt that kind of emotion that I even began to cry. Mind you, they weren't in any way sad tears ... but rather tears of amazement. Amazed at how one person could spread so much to people that she doesn't even know.

You know who you are and I'm honestly blessed and thankful for you.

With greatest admiration and respect.

Thank you for being you.

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender