A girl and her horse.

by lindz259

There was this girl that loved horses, she never got along with this horse until the horse got pregnant and then the girl checked on the horse every night and day. When the girl would get stressed out and start crying she would go talk to the horse and tell the horse everything. When the girl would start crying the horse would start nudging her to make her smile, that horse meant the world to her. When the girl would show her they could never get along, she was always ready to go, always wanting to run. But the girl wasn’t ready to go fast yet she never understood why the horse would not go slow.

Well, the horse had her baby after the walks and talks she had the baby in 107-degree weather. For the nonhorse people that is way too hot to have a baby in. The baby was dehydrated, so we loaded the baby and mama in the trailer and took them to the vet. They gave the baby fluids and then we took them home and then we all went home and let the horse be a great mother. The next day, the girl got a text “foal is dead” it broke her. Then the girl went out to say goodbye. She moved the mama with the other horses. The girl was pushing the horse away from the baby, the girl left to go home and then she got a call saying that the mama got kicked so hard that she broke her leg and would never be able to have someone ride her ever again she would always be in pain. There was no way to save her.

The girl never got to say goodbye and the last memory of her and her horse was her pushing her away. The girl got home and she jumped out of her are and she ran around her house screaming because she never thought she would have to say goodbye to the horse she finally clicked with, that horse understood her. “When Razz died I felt a flame and when she was alive we were two matches when she left she lit us up, when she took her last breath we tore… the flame we tore apart you can't just tear a flame you just cant its like we melted together and then we were one, now it's just me.”- Heartbroken Girl

I am the Heartbroken Girl that is living without her best friend.

lelu wrote a review...

Happy review day! First off, I very much like this. It's really well done, in all respects except for the Big Four. Grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. It feels a little callous to call you out on this. It doesn't make a story, but it makes a story accessible, and this is good enough that it should be accessible. The quote at the end from the girl is a little misplaced. You could just put it in quotation marks and turn it into actual sentences and people would know who was talking. Many of your sentences need commas, and you misspelled "car" though it was easy enough to tell what you meant. Many of your commas also need to be periods. I'll take a sentence as an example of this. "The girl never got to say goodbye and the last memory of her and her horse was her pushing her away." It's worded a little confusingly, and it needs a comma. This would be better: "The girl never got to say goodbye, and the last memory of their being together was her pushing the horse away." In other news, this was well done, not overly sentimental but just enough. Good job.

Cinderquill wrote a review...

Hi! Just passing by and giving a review! I'm not the best at reviews though, but I hope what I have to say is helpful!

This story contains a lot of run-on sentences throughout. For example:

There was this girl that loved horses, she never got along with this horse until the horse got pregnant and then the girl checked on the horse every night and day.

This sentence should probably have a conjunction before the word "she" because "There was this girl that loved horses" and "she never got along with this horse until the horse got pregnant" are both independent clauses.

Another problem is that I feel like this story could be more descriptive? Maybe it's ok because it's a short story, but it felt like you were just listing events in the second paragraph.

I do like the quote at the end, as it's probably the most descriptive part of the entire story, but I think it should be its own separate paragraph? I was debating whether it was dialogue or internal monologue. Actually now that I think about it, it's probably internal monologue.

I do like the message of this story though! Keep up the good work!

Radrook wrote a review...

Thanks for sharing this story about a girl and her special relationship with her horse. The story describes the relationship very well with the girl finding solace in being near her horse whenever she felt she needed comforting. Also very touching is the description of how the girl reacts when she is finally deprived of her beloved companion. Especially touching was how the horse pushed her away after she had lost her foal.

This corresponded to how the mare accepted the girl only when she became pregnant. There is a link there and it made me wonder whether such behavior is common to mares when they become pregnant and the lose their foal. I like the way that the relationship is described as the merging of two flames.

Suggestions

Use pronouns such as “it” “she” “her” as substitutes for “horse” in order to avoid repetitions of the word "horse".

horse got [ it got]
on the horse [on it]
stressed[-]out
crying[,]

non-horse people
....ready to go fast yet[.] [S]he never understood....
....her ever again[.] [S]he would....

....jumped out of her are.... How do you jump out of an “are”?

[the] horse [that] understood her

All in all, a very interesting read. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

captainearth says...

great job lindz keep it up

CorruptedArrow wrote a review...

Hey Corrupted Arrow here with a review!
(The Comma Police is here! Anything I say here is just constructive criticism. If i offend you I apologize in advance.(I will try to be humorous.)

I understand what it is like to live without my best friend! It's hard but as life moves, you have to as well. And I am sorry for the loss...

From what I can see you don't have any grammar and/or comma mistakes. Keep up the writing, have a good day.

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice