Castles

by liferunner

In my last breath I would have given you the castles I built and the heart I tried to craft.

Breathing is always taken advantage of though.

They say Thank God for every breath you take but under the rocks and lava I can feel the pain I've endured from just Love alone.

Opposites come together to make nothing.

Hate and Love could not exist alone.

Or could they?

I need a clean slate to ignite my bones.

I need peace to ravish my soul.

But only thorns caress my heart.

I wish to be new.

Do not be stopped by these consuming thoughts of failure, degradation and isolation.

Summoning the strength of a fighter.

I'll manage to survive.

Or will I continue to give into the searing thoughts of desolation that plague my being.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 pm
EmeraldLinks wrote a review...

I just have to say...
OMG I'VE STRUCK GOLD!

HELLO EMERALD IS HERE FOR DA REVIEWS!
I've struck gold... That's all I have to say... Out of all the lyrics I've read, THIS ONE, is gold...
I've read many lyrics on here, this is my favorite now...
This sounds like a song that would Imagine Dragons would make so I think that really attracted me to this :P Last few lines are my favorite.

One nitpick though, final line, Pretty sure there should be a question mark there :P
I usually don't point out nitpicks because i'm afraid I might hurt someones feelings, but I guess its better to point them out so you can remember the next time you write something, we all make mistakes :P

Ok well thats all for my review, IGN 20/10

liferunner says...

Thankyou so much for commenting! I know it needs a question mark lol. I appreciate your review!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:29 am
ilovegeeks wrote a review...

Geeky here!:)

I just want to say as a song writer myself I really enjoyed this:)

Have you thought about maybe having a chorus that repeats its self, Or is this just part of the lyrics?

Any way I didn't see any errors except for you capitalized love, but you may have done that on purpose.

All together though I really Like the vocabulary you use and I love the emotion you use! As a song writer I only write when I'm sad or write about the things that hurt me the most.
Its a very good way to get your emotions out! Keep up the good work ! you're a very talented writer !

question:
Do you play an instrument?

Well sorry I couldn't be a better help! good luck on future writing!:)

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:35 pm
Dessie wrote a review...

Hi, Liferunner! I'm Dessie. I've just joined, and so I figured I should do some reviews. You're my first! So, let's get started. In the first line, there should be a comma after the word breath. In the second line, there should be a comma after of. In the third line, thank should not be capitalized, there should be a comma after take, and love should not be capitalized. Lines eight and nine could be one sentence; just use a comma after soul and change the capital letter in but to a lowercase letter. Into should be two words: in and to. There should also be a question mark at the end. I loved your poem! See you later!

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:35 pm
VuzzyCat wrote a review...

Hi Liferunner!!!

This was really good! I especially love the vocabulary you used. I'm always trying to find that happy medium where the wording is advanced but doesn't distract from the story and I really think you've found that.

This is definitely my favorite part:
"I need a clean slate to ignite my bones.
I need peace to ravish my soul.
But only thorns caress my heart."

Just a quick nit-pick; that last line needs a question mark. But other than that, it looks amazing and sounds fantastic!

Keep up the good writing!

liferunner says...

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. Haha. Thankyou though!

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster