E - Everyone Language

greys of heart

by krishna2006

Every time I look into the sky,

I see shades of grey,

Calm and violent,

But mostly it’s violent,

I see restless clouds,

Both white and grey,

But it’s just spots of white in endless greys,

The greys spoke more than the white ever could and ever will,

Yet it was never heard,

Or did the world choose to ignore,

The truth is unknown and unspoken of.

-K

Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:36 am
Elsinore wrote a review...

I like this! The imagery is vivid and I could picture everything really easily. As for criticism, not every line needs to end with a comma. Careful to not overuse them, and to end lines with the correct punctuation. Another small note is that, if you are American, the word gray is spelled with an A, not an E. My only other note is that I think the part that says “calm and violent, but mostly it’s violent” is a little bit clunky and could maybe be reworded in a more interesting way. But, beyond that, this was an enjoyable and concise read! Thank you for sharing. Good job!

Ley wrote a review...

Hello! :D Ley here to review this piece for you!

First impressions...

This is going to be a rather short review because this is a rather short poem. I also immediately clicked on this piece because of the description: oh, how powerful our thoughts are when we get emotional!

When I was reading this I felt...

Ethereal, intrigued. This poem seems like its up for interpretation, which I love. The best poetry is always the one that leaves the reader wondering.

My favorite line/quote is...

Personifying the colours in the sky-- the greys and whites, was a perfect way to twist the poem in a different direction. I also imagined the colors speaking, the grey colour interacting with the whites. Wonderful job here!

Some things I would change would be...

I wouldn't change anything. Poetry is hard to critique-- information and text wise-- so I usually only critique grammar and formatting. I couldn't find any issues with that here! :D

Overall...

This was a wonderful read. I can't wait to read more of your work! <3

With Love,
Leya

Youbeaucupid wrote a review...

Good afternoon writer and a belated welcome to YWS! Cupid here, I thought I'd fly over a short review for you!

First off, your words painted such a dreamy picture of the sky! 🎨 Every time I read "Every time I look into the sky, I see shades of grey," it's like I'm right there, gazing up with you. The mix of calm and violent tones? Genius! It's like the weather's having a serious mood swing, and we're here for it!

And those restless clouds? Totally relatable! Both white and grey, dancing like they've got something important to say. "Spots of white in endless greys" – wow, such a poetic way to describe those little moments of purity in the middle of life's chaos. 🕊️✨

Also the line: "The greys spoke more than the white ever could and ever will, Yet it was never heard."

That hit me right in the feels! 〒▽〒 It's like you're shining a spotlight on the voices that deserve to be heard, but sometimes the world just doesn't lend an ear.

The ending lines? "Or did the world choose to ignore, The truth is unknown and unspoken of." Whoa! It's like you're leaving us with a mystery to unravel. What's the truth? Why is it kept in the shadows? Questions, questions!!

Overall, your poem is like a cozy chat with a friend under a starry sky. 🌠 It's got that personal touch, and I can feel your emotions peeking through each line. Thanks for sharing this piece of your heart, and I hope to see more of your writings, and again a belated welcome to Yws, we're happy to have you here!!

Fly high writer, Cupid. 💘

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality