z

Young Writers Society



and now i know

by jumping_jacks142


Do you know how it feels,
To get used and lead on,
To find someone you like so much
And to fall so far.
To get your heart ripped out as if it don’t belong.
To think that love isn’t for you,
And To know that how much you try
You will fall even harder the next time.
To just want to give up,
But know you can’t.
You go on and on
Just trying to prove your theory wrong
And yet every time you get close
It all falls apart.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:13 pm
Kelsi222 says...



Hey!

This was nicely done. i actual enjoyed your opening "do you know how it feels", I thought it gave us some questioning.

Keep up the great work!!

Kelsi =)

P.S: I know how it feels.




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 29

Donate
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:09 am
Doffa Is 4Eva wrote a review...



I did like the structure of this poem, however it did lake content and personality.

A few little changes could be made. For example:

To get your heart ripped out as if it don’t belong.


I would consider changing "don't" to did not, or anything which can make this line flow better.

I did like your opening line, it can be very affective for your poem.

Do you know how it feels


Good luck

Dofs...




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 321

Donate
Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:00 am
Liz wrote a review...



Rightio. First of all, would you say this is a common, universal feeling of yours, to be betrayed and hurt by someone and to feel like giving up? Yes? Well, you're right. So doesn't that make you feel like you need to tell your. particular. story? I feel like that too. I feel like I want to know what you're feeling, your poem did that much to me. But I just didn't get it.

Do you know how it feels,

Yes, yes, we do, but chances are we don't know how YOU feel. This was an ok opening, but I think opening like this means you need to have a clear idea in your mind who you're talking to. Address the poem to someone in particular and already there's a spark.
To get used and lead on,
To find someone you like so much
And to fall so far.

I've heard so many say this...It's called a cliche. Stay well away from them. Be poetic. Poems do not use cliches because poetry is all about originality and fire and creativity and cliches are the opposite of that. They're the dullest forms of expression you could use in writing.
Most of your piece is so vague. I want details. You do you feel this way about? What do they look like? WHat special memories do you have of them, of yourself, of both of you? Make the poem yours, not just anybody's.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 11

Donate
Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:56 pm
Ka Seven says...



I think this poem needs more subtlety and metaphores





If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig