Books!!!!

by jujubean05

I'm a bookaholic!! I've read almost every supernatural young adult book there is. I also like books like the ones Sarah Dessen and Nichalos Sparks write. So please all suggestions are welcome and wanted!! Thanks!! :pirate3:

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 am
ShakespeareWallah wrote a review...

there is one Ya book that impressed me a lot....That's the Artemis Fowl series.... I had just finished reading the world's most rubbish book then ( the twilight saga) and was quite pissed off but then this book came along.....and it restored my faith in the YA genre.....if you're looking for suspense then i advise u to read Sydney Sheldon. Every one of his book is awesome........then there is John Grisham......if you haven't read any of his books then i suggest you start with the Rainmaker.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 am
AlfredSymon wrote a review...

For starters, I think you would read Gregory McGuire and Terry Pratchett books. Almost all of their works are based on magical worlds. They're not that scary but there are a lot of supernatural characters.

For scarier ones, jump over to Anne Rice's books. She's a premiered Vampire author and is simply wonderful in her works. They're a bit on the adult side, but I love them.

For supernatural themed love stories, try Charlene Hariss' Sookie Stackhouse novels, which are the origin of True Blood on AXN.

If you would like to recommend a book to me, just post it in my wall. I'm a bibliophile too and I love reading books that others referred to me!

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 pm
myintensity says...

The wicked lovely series by stephanie meyer :)

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:03 am
HostofHorus says...

I will echo Divergent by Veronica Roth, just finished it, loved it. I also really enjoyed 13 Reasons Why, and before i fall. :)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 pm
Laurence Branson wrote a review...

The Shining - Stephen King.
He writing a sequel to the story: http://socialpsychol.wordpress.com/2011 ... tor-sleep/
So if you love the 1st one, you've got another book lined up :)

I think it perfectly fits your taste in the supernatural.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 am
Shadowhunter14 wrote a review...

Hey :)
I'm a bit like you, a big fan of fantasy/supernatural fan :) I've read my fair share of Young Adult paranormal books too, although nowadays I feel as if they're all turning out the same in many aspects :/
You've probably read most of these, but anyway:
-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, also The Infernal Devices Series by the same author (A prequel series to Mortal Instruments.) I LOVE this series. SO awesome. :D
-The Strange Angels series by Lili ST. Crow - I haven't read many of these but they're pretty good.
-The Evernight series by Claudia Gray - same as above.
-Incarceron by Catherine Fisher - an intriguing fantasy read with some steampunk elements thrown in for good measure.
-Divergent by Veronica Roth - haven't read this but heard it was good.
-Everlost series by Neal Shusterman - same deal as above.

Also Unwind by Neal Shusterman

I really liked that book! Definitely worth a read.
Hope I helped! :)

jujubean05 says...

Thanks! I Have Henderson's Witness and it is really good!

tigershark17 says...

If you like suspense at all, Dee Henderson has a couple great series. Also Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and Host by Stephanie Meyers.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 am
charcoalspacewolfman wrote a review...

So I realize that this is three months after the last post...oh well. If you'd like a book kinda similar to Tolkien, there's a series called "The Foundling's Tale" by D. M. Cornish. The series had been called Monster Blood Tattoo, but I guess that sounded too creepy. It's about a kid who goes off to find his fortune as a lamplighter in a world full of monsters and monster-hunters. And it has an "explicarium" (glossary) that is nearly the length of the story. As odd as that sounds, it is fantastic writing with really great characters.
There's also a series by a guy named Michael Carroll about superheroes. There's really not much more to say about them except they're pretty good. Not phenomenal, but good.
And that's all I can think of right now, since I haven't been reading much lately. Except stuff on here, of course.

AlyKat wrote a review...

I love to read and have read ever book in my school library....But a REALLY good series is the Bloody Jack series by L.A Meyer it's a long series but I love it =)
Also A Great and Terrible Beauty is about supernatural talents and doesn't really explain the title...It's more like the complete opposite.

Im just gonna give you a list of books cause' i could literally go on all day
Peak-Roland Smith
Cryptid Hunters-Roland Smith
Christine-Stephen King
Downsiders-Neal Shusterman
Through the Heart-Kate Morgenroth
My favorite everrr
HEAT-MIKE LUPICA

jujubean05 says...

Thanks I've read most of those books. But Thanks sooooo much for your help!

I am a super-book-a-holic and read most genres... If you can handle more thoughtful books and older styles, I'd suggest "The Poisonwood Bible," "Gone with the Wind," "The Lord of the Rings," and "Pride and Prejudice." If you want something easier, with science and magic and such (and if you haven't read them), then the Artemis Fowl books are great. Also for mysteries the Nero Wolfe books by Rex Stout are pretty awesome (unless you like to be able to solve the mystery before the character does - usually Nero Wolfe, being a genius, knew something about the case you didn't know, so... That's why my mom doesn't like them, but my dad loves them.)

What else? "The Lie" is x-rated and full of revenge and (if you're like me) will make you blush every five seconds, but parts of the plot are ingenious. OH! Read "The Sleeping Beauty Proposal" and "The Cinderella Pact," I forget who they're by but they're like the only chic-lit books I like. Also "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe" by Fanny Flagg is awesome, as long as your okay with lesbian undertones.

That's it for now, but...I like almost any book you care to put in front of me ("Twilight" and "Eragon" excluded, and I didn't HATE them; I will just never read them again), so I can't remember most of what ones I like...I just run in my room and pick one out.

:)

Hope that helped and was what you were looking for in the first place!

~Blue

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.