My Question To The Pseudo-Feminists

by ishitadutt

Author's Note: This might be offending to some people. If your views contradict mine, please let me know as I want to see the other side of the fence. All of this is just my point of view that may or may not be absolutely right. Please review it so I can make corrections before posting it to my official blog. :) 

Feminism, when invented, simply meant equality for women in the society. However, right now we are in a phase in human history where women are slowly pushing men down to capture their place on top of the ladder.

I am ready to face flak for this, but I am averse to this idea. As equal sexes, men and women are supposed to climb the ladder together, and not by pulling the other one down to mud.

We have been living in a terrible male-dominated world for ages. After much of exasperating efforts, women are finally making a paradigm shift. But hold on, is this shift in the right direction? I am afraid we’re shifting from a patriarchal, male-dominated society to a matriarchal, female-dominated society. Instead of asking for equal rights, why are we asking for a shift from one domination to the other? Isn’t domination exactly what we’re fighting against?

I am not against feminism. I am a woman and proud to be so. But I am definitely against this new found facet of feminism that promotes nothing but weakness in women.

For instance, ladies yell out at male passengers sitting on a ladies’ seat. We all think this is the right way. But do we actually pay head to what these small acts actually portray? That women are weak. That they cannot stand on their feet for long. That they need men to vacate seats for them. Is this what we should call feminism? The other day I was talking to a friend about this. Her response was very casual (and I’m sure almost-universal also) - “See I prefer convenience. When I travel in metro and I see a guy sitting on a ladies’ seat, I ask him to get up. If we’re getting an advantage, why waste it?”

Now if we think, isn’t it the same thing we’ve been cursing men for? Of taking advantage of their position in the society? If we cannot stand for ourselves, how can we ask men to do that?

Also, ladies like it when their boyfriend/husband takes them out for shopping and pays restaurant bills for them. That is courteous and gentlemanly, for sure. But once in a while, we can pay bills for them, too. If equality it is, then equality it shall be!

We disgrace men for taking advantage of their convenient authoritative position in the society and at the same time we ourselves prefer “convenience”. How will anybody take us seriously if we are so hypocritical? We just keep changing the definition of equality according to our whims and fancies. Men have already done this to death, pretending to be superior. We don’t need to repeat it.

Let me put it straight for all the weak and hypocritical women out there. You’re not superior to men, nor are they superior to you. We are all made equal; men, women and transgender alike. In all probable definitions and meanings. Equal.

P.S- I am a feminist. Even I hate men who impose restrictions on the women in their lives and mentally/physically abuse them. I do not stand eve-teasing and walk with pride on the road, not hesitant to plant a slap on the face of any dumb retard. I love being a woman and respect myself. But I am not weak. I can earn respect for myself as a good human being. I don’t demand respect simply for being a woman. All I demand is equality, unfiltered and for all. 

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 am
CateRose17 wrote a review...

Ahhhh the subject of feminism. This for me is a hard topic to discuss because there are different opinions from different people that I have heard. But, I shall give it the way my still exploring mind sees it.

I see it as something that is necessary, but if put in the wrong hands, it could turn into something disastrous. Women are not weak, they are not to be seen as weak or unable. Women can fight on a battlefield, they can teach in a classroom, they can defend in a court of law and do so many other things that a man can do. But yet men still see it as a privilege to demean women and condemn them to becoming lower than them. Her majesty, the queen of England is a female of course and she is an amazing queen and does an outstanding job from what I know- which is a limited amount of information but still. But at the same time, women do not need to try and outdo men and try and show their dominance, life isn't always a competition and if we see it that way all the time as a race between genders it will only become unhealthy.
Yes, I do believe we should stand up for what is right, but let's not take it too far. Someone I read about once said, " Women were not taken from the man's head to control him, or from his foot to be under him, but from his rib to be equal to him and stand along side him." I am paraphrasing so please forgive me if I have that utterly wrong. But that is correct. We are not animals, we are not angels either. But we are humans just as men are and all humans deserve and should demand respect. One last thing. Instead of trying to show men that we can do what they can, how about we show them things we can do that they cannot? We can carry a live soul within us and then birth it after nine months, enduring pain that is horrifying. Women are creatures of beauty that deserve respect, not condemnation whenever they are confident within themselves. Women are soldiers that deserve equality, not dominance. Oh gracious... I hope this made sense.

Allow me to assure you, if I sound like I am discriminating feminists or men, I apologize. It was not meant that way whatsoever:)

ishitadutt says...

You have beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing :)

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:39 am
DreamerBidi says...

Hey,I felt like you wrote my thought out! This is exactly what I think... I hate the hypocrisy.... I thought I was the only one with this opinion, but hey I found you ! :D

ishitadutt says...

Thanks a lot! It feels great to be understood :D

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:47 pm
wickedlymuggle wrote a review...

Hi ishitadutt!
I know that I am very late to the reviewing game, but this piece I have a lot to comment on, so I thought I would give it a go! I really like how you respectfully put your thoughts on here and I think you used a lot of good tact. I respectfully disagree with your claim, but I can totally see where you are coming from. Some women do think they sould dominate men, I agree, but I don't think that is how the whole of society thinks. I completely agree with your men and women should be equal claim, and as a proud feminist myself, I can say that. You mentioned at the very beginning of your peice that you wanted to hear the other side of the story, so I really reccomend that you go check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkjW9PZBRfk

This is Emma Watson's UN speech about a campaign effort she supports called HeForShe. I think she uses her words beautifully, and I strongly recommend checking it out! She addresses men and womens issues about gender stereotypes and gender equality and it talks about the things you mentioned in your writing. Once again, I really enjoyed your work and I respect, and understand your thoughts. I hope this was helpfull! I hope to read more of your work! :)

ishitadutt says...

Hey, thanks for understanding my article and it's purpose. And yes, I have already watched and re-watched the Emma Watson speech and in fact, I totally agree with all she says. She is a true feminist who wants 'equality'. My post was against the pseudo-feminists who want 'superiority'. Thanks a lot for showing interest in my work. You can read all my writings at my blog www.thebipolarbeing.blogspot.com :)

Yay! Glad this helped!

ishitadutt says...

:)

fantasydragon01 says...

I think feminism is a subject that arouses arguments. People have different opinions. Someone might say this and someone might say something contrary to the other person's opinions. The first person won't like it. And there you have it: heated arguments.
I myself am not a supporter of feminism but I am not a sexist. I believe that we should all live in peace and not discriminate any man or woman. Summary: Men and women are human beings. They're both great, they have their vices and weaknesses, but they have amazing qualities. There. Let's leave it at that.

Goodbye. Happy Review Day!

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Nutty says...

"Feminism, when invented, simply meant equality for women in the society. However, right now we are in a phase in human history where women are slowly pushing men down to capture their place on top of the ladder."

Feminism was never simple. That's why there's whole academic fields on the subject. You can boil it down to your definition, but it's not useful in a discussion like this. As for the second half, I... don't see what you see. There are a lot of areas where women are still disadvantaged. There's not going to be any wild power shift any time soon. Men aren't in danger of being where women were in history- but hopefully they won't be in the place of privilege that they have been forever. That means they'll lose some of their perks. It's just how it works- when advantages are born of the disadvantages of others, they should be set right- and eliminated.

"For instance, ladies yell out at male passengers sitting on a ladies’ seat. We all think this is the right way. But do we actually pay head to what these small acts actually portray? That women are weak. That they cannot stand on their feet for long. That they need men to vacate seats for them. Is this what we should call feminism?"

Hahahaha, no. This is not what we should call feminism. If anyone's calling conforming to old gender stereotypes feminist, then they need to read a little further into it. What you're doing here- possibly by accident- is equating feminism with a behaviour that....doesn't embody it. By telling your reader that this is what feminism does (when it is actually the opposite!) you're equating what women- and people- do, with an unrelated movement.

Expecting men to get up for women on the bus for no other reason than gender difference is not feminist. I would hope you (and everyone) would know this.

"I am not against feminism. I am a woman and proud to be so. But I am definitely against this new found facet of feminism that promotes nothing but weakness in women."

What do you define as weakness?

"Also, ladies like it when their boyfriend/husband takes them out for shopping and pays restaurant bills for them. That is courteous and gentlemanly, for sure. But once in a while, we can pay bills for them, too. If equality it is, then equality it shall be!"

You're not arguing against feminism here. Feminism is about choice. What's right for each couple is just fine. If a man always pays for one reason or another, as long as both people involved are comfortable with it, and it is not expected or pressured, then that's fine. Same with the opposite. You won't find feminists on boxes demanding "PAY FOR OUR MEALS", I assure you.

"We disgrace men for taking advantage of their convenient authoritative position in the society and at the same time we ourselves prefer “convenience”. How will anybody take us seriously if we are so hypocritical? We just keep changing the definition of equality according to our whims and fancies."

Also I laugh when I see the false equivalence. Putting aside what feminism is for a second- this is the kind of language that has been used to placate the people in a weaker position for ages. "I mean, sure, men have more money and power and respect, but women get a few free meals and some seats now and then, as well as all those doors... doesn't it all work out in the end?"

No. It doesn't. That's the problem. Women taking their conveniences when they can, while not "equal", is a completely different playing field from the long standing "conveniences" men have taken for centuries. This dire PLAGUE of women SITTING ON BUSES (the horror) is much smaller fish than say, you know, career opportunities, bodily agency, and rape culture. When we have as many opportunities as a woman to be a CEO, when it's as easy to go get your tubes tied as it is a vasectomy, and when women are no longer catcalled, slutshamed, and objectified, I think then we can start wringing our hands about doors being held open.

Honestly, I think you should really go read up some more about feminism! It's a fascinating subject. I've been reading for years upon years and still don't even get it all. Gender roles are particularly fascinating, and a much discussed area.

But please. There's no conspiracy to start enslaving men. That's the kind of horror story they use to slander us.

ishitadutt says...

Hey. You have taken me terribly out of context. All I meant was that people don't get the concept of feminism and many women misuse it for their personal benefits and not for well-being of women in general. I have answers to all your doubts but probably explaining then will be too prolonged. But I just want to tell you that from where I belong, feminism has been misunderstood off late. So you might not relate to many of my points cause you live in a different environment

Nutty says...

I'm sorry if I sound presumptuous!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm well aware of my own (and other women's) environments. One of my latest projects has been squarely centered around the horror that is gamergate, haha! I've seen a lot of anti-feminist everything.

I guess in that case, be aware that you SOUND like you're criticizing feminists. If you believe in feminism, and you're talking to an audience that doesn't understand it, furthering the narrative as "feminists and women are trying to take over" probably isn't greatly helpful.

Also, a reader takes what context you give them. So maybe some added context is needed? Well, I'm only one person- I acknowledge that- but maybe- especially if you hear feedback along these lines again- you need to add more, if you want your context to be clear.

ishitadutt says...

Yes I don't blame it on you at all. Probably there was failure on my part to put it across clearly. But trust me, my intention was not at all to target feminism :)

elcuidador wrote a review...

"You’re not superior to men, nor are they superior to you." Not equal, but together can create equilibrium.

Men and women are two different genders that excel in different areas in life. Men are superior to women in areas that women are weak in and it is the other way around too. Just in case you're not religious I shall not bring religion into this, but let's take science into account. A males body is biologically more fit in labor which is why he is more superior in doing lifting work, it's that simple. Women have their own areas of expertise that men cannot match. Begging for equality will not help on your quest, what I suggest is to take a moment and analyze how life has always been built around the equilibrium of gender. This is the one of two statements that I can agree with in this piece, the rest of the piece is either completely obvious such as:

"..women are slowly pushing men down to capture their place on top of the ladder."

The definition you stated at the start about feminism is only understood by rare people in the community, others have been blindly following feminism because it's been portrayed nowadays as 'the right thing to do'.

"We just keep changing the definition of equality according to our whims and fancies. Men have already done this to death, pretending to be superior. We don’t need to repeat it."

The first part of this is the second statement that I agree on, although when I read towards the end I realized how hard explaining my point can be when the author herself is directly bashing men in her own 'equality' thread.

"I love being a woman and respect myself. But I am not weak."

The stress in 'I am not weak' is amusing because my automated response to that is: You are weak in areas and strong in others. I know this might seem blunt and rude but it's true, most women are both weaker and smaller physically then men but that doesn't mean you're not stronger than them mentally or emotionally.

All in all, you (females in general) must accept yourself as a women and know both your strengths and weaknesses. Getting past the denial that men are better at things that you cannot match will help you accept the fact that it's the same way around too.

-Pickle

Snoops says...

I understand your point of view, but imagine I want to become a body builder or a wrestler. Shouldn't I have the right to do that? Shouldn't me being a girl not change that.

" others have been blindly following feminism because it's been portrayed nowadays as 'the right thing to do'." Also, hold on, this is very far away from the truth, my brothers and a lot of people I live around don't believe in femiism because they think its woman taking over the world. I have been trying to change that for very long, but the idea that people do it because its the right thing to do is beyond me.

Saradomin says...

Being a girl does not limit what you think is the right thing for you. If you want to become a body builder or a wrestler then you should go for it, know that if your only drive is to defy the position of men in humanity then you shall fail. Knowing your limits and weaknesses can be your greatest strength.

Snoops says...

Why is it a position of men? Agreed, if no one trained or practiced. A man would win because of their natural strength. But is it really a men's position only. What makes something manly and what makes something ladylike. Last thing, what makes something your weakness? And who decides it? If I was a wrestler, wrestling wouldn't be my weakness, it would be my strenght. If I had passion about it and worked hard for it.

ishitadutt says...

Hey Saradomin. Firstly I must tell you that you have taken this article in the wrong light. But that is probably my mistake that I could not put it across in a clear enough way. I disagree with some of the things you pointed out especially when you say that I am bashing men here. The line in which it was mentioned was not meant to be that way. I was referring to the male-chauvinists who have always believed themselves to be superior and not other men in general. I am not a man-hater neither am I a pseudo-feminist. And that was all I wanted to say :)

I do agree with you Sara.

Snoops wrote a review...

Feminism. Feminism. Feminism.
In my opnion, this is one of the biggest issues we have at the moment. Everything has a different view point. I am a feminist, and I can't stand when people refer to it as woman overthrowing the world. I know thats not what you meant. I want equality. Catcalling, I'm only 14 and deal with it every day, I only feel safe walking any time of the day with my friends, guy friends included. But, some say it what we want. No, I dont want to be called "princess" by a sixty year old while walking the street, it is dead terrifiying. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard of a guy who has been catcalled, not frequently at least.. My uncle didn't even know what it was. I think there should be more done when a girl is being catcalled.

Education, not where I live, but in third world countries, girls can't go to school because of relegion, and because they should just stay home, cook and clean. They are forced to marry at as early as eleven, even earlier. 200 nigerian girls were kidnapped and here hasn't ben a news article about them in too long.

Most girls get sexualized, in not all, but too many eyes, girls are objects to use. For whatever reason, boys don't get that, not as much as girls. So, how do you fix that? The sexualization of woman. Because, that's what it comes down to isn't it. Lover boys, catcalling, raping, all of it, is based on the fundamental part, that woman are sexualized.

I am a feminist. I am a woman. I am not giving up woman's right, untill we are equal, men and woman.

ishitadutt says...

I totally and absolutely agree with you. Even I am a feminist. And i this article I was expressing my anguish towards pseudo-feminism and not feminism in general. There is a thin line between the two which I guess I have failed to explain to my readers

fantasydragon01 wrote a review...

I had written a long review on a piece written by willachilles concerning this matter. It explains my opinions. There you will see what I think about feminism and stuff like that. Feel free to read it. I hope I had explained everything about my thoughts on feminism. But, please read it.

--fantasydragon01.

ishitadutt says...

Yes I will read it just now :)

Carlito wrote a review...

Hello! :)

I am also a feminist; however, I have a very different view of this problem.

I agree that feminism, at it's core, means equality between men and women. Not men over women. Not women over men. However, I also think the meaning of feminism has shifted a lot and it means lots of different things to lots of different people. This site and this site and probably many more explain the differences in the major feminist theories we have today.

Feminism, when invented, simply meant equality for women in the society.

I would find an article or something to cite when you make this claim. I believe you, but including a link or something to show you're right might help the skeptics.

However, right now we are in a phase in human history where women are slowly pushing men down to capture their place on top of the ladder.

Totally disagree.
Women are still paid less than men for equal work
Catcalling, sexual assault, rape culture, victim blaming, etc. are still HUGE problems in this country. Sure, not all men are the problem. But read the #YesAllWomen hashtag on Twitter or the actual account, and you'll get an idea about what the problem is. Women still don't feel safe to walk alone at night. There is still a lot of fear of men because men are more powerful than women. People don't report sexual assaults because they think no one will believe them, and the chance of a rapist actually serving jail time is almost nil (it happens, but it's really not that many).
I could go on.

As equal sexes, men and women are supposed to climb the ladder together, and not by pulling the other one down to mud.

I totally agree. But I don't think we're guilty of making this happen yet.

We have been living in a terrible male-dominated world for ages.

Examples and citations?

After much of exasperating efforts, women are finally making a paradigm shift.

Like what? And how?

If you say we're making a matriarchal shift, wouldn't women be powerful, not weak?

Granted I don't live in a place where using the metro is a thing. But I do travel a lot, and I have never seen this. I've never seen this on a bus. I've never seen this anywhere. I see people give up their seat for elderly or disabled people, but I have never seen someone give up their seat for a woman (and a woman actually accept).
I agree that it's ridiculous for this to happen. If a man tried to give me his seat, I would decline. I'm perfectly capable of standing. I will not die :p

Here's my beef on things like this. I agree that there should be equality here and that there's nothing wrong with a girl paying for her boyfriend's dinner or buying her boyfriend things. I also don't think it's wrong for a boy to do any of this for his girlfriend. I think that's a healthy relationship, period.
I don't think it has to be some kind of rule that it's exactly 50/50 all the time. I currently don't have a job because I'm finishing school, and my boyfriend has a great job. I don't have a problem with him paying most of the time because I know that if our roles were reversed, he wouldn't have a problem with me paying most of the time.
And I think it's even bigger than that. Back in the day it used to be that women were teachers or nurses and basically were there to take care of her husband, clean the house, have and take care of babies. Now, many people feel that if women want to do this, it's anti-feminism. I couldn't disagree more. A good (female) friend of mine is a teacher, and when she has kids she wants to be a stay at home mom. She's also a feminist. Why does that work? No one is telling her she has to be a stay at home mom. That's her choice. That has always been what she's wanted for her life. She has lots of other goals and dreams and one of them happens to be being a stay at home mom. More power to her.
Some people get offended when men hold the door open for women (because it makes it seem like women aren't able to do that for themselves). Couldn't disagree more. Holding the door open for someone is simply a nice thing to do. Men can and should do that for women (and men). Women can and should do that for men (and women).
So as for the sitting on the metro thing. Maybe it's just a nice thing to do. If you've been sitting for a long time and someone has been standing for a long time and they look tired, it's a nice thing to do to let them have your seat. I think if you're doing something like that to be nice (not I'm giving up my seat because that's a woman and she probably needs to sit), then I see nothing wrong with that. If you would take that same action for anyone, I don't see a problem with it.
As for the money thing and paying for dinner or whatever. If a woman expects her man to pay for her every need - we have words for that. The same is true is a man expects a woman to pay for his every need. If a man always pays for his girlfriend's dinner or buys her clothes out of love and as a way to show his appreciation for (nonsexual) things she does for him (maybe she puts cute notes in his backpack every day or pays for their cable or likes cooking him dinner every once and a while), I think that's fine. The dynamics of every relationship are different and equality can look a lot different from relationship to relationship. Also, if you spend your time in your relationship making sure everything is exactly equal, I don't think you're going to have a very happy, healthy relationship.

We disgrace men for taking advantage of their convenient authoritative position in the society and at the same time we ourselves prefer “convenience”. How will anybody take us seriously if we are so hypocritical? We just keep changing the definition of equality according to our whims and fancies.

Do you have any other examples of this because I honestly don't see it.

not hesitant to plant a slap on the face of any dumb retard.

Please don't use the "r" word. It's offensive to some.

I don’t demand respect simply for being a woman. All I demand is equality, unfiltered and for all.

I demand respect for being a woman, just like everyone should demand respect for themselves.

I think this is an interesting perspective, but I think it's overly simplified. I think there are a lot more issues that you're not discussing that are much bigger deals than women letting men pay for their dinner and women taking a seat offered to them by a man. I don't know, I personally see it as a much deeper and bigger issue than that.

Let me know if anything I said was confusing or didn't make sense (I feel like I may have gone on some tangents there :p). I'd be happy to talk about any of this in greater detail with you! Feel free to PM me or respond on here :)

ishitadutt says...

Hey Carlito. I have a lot of things to explain to you. But not here. We must talk about it in personal and not in public or else it will get too long. But for now, you have taken me out of context and misunderstood the point of this article. Can you please PM me your email id so we can talk about this issue at length :)

ThereseCricket says...

Well, I don't support feminism as I don't believe men and women are equal.

My reasoning for that would be that, men and women can't accomplish the same amount of work, they have different talents in different areas, ect..., I don't consider myself equal to my male friends, nor do I consider myself equal to my female friends. I truly don't believe that it matters what gender you are, when it comes to being equal. It depends on the person and what they are and what they are willing to accomplish. BUT I do agree with the fact that women are pushing men down, and in the process, women are degrading themselves.

Hope this helps slightly. :P

ishitadutt says...

Thanks :)

willachilles wrote a review...

This was an amazing piece.

I loved this piece so much. It flowed so well. It also hit me hard. I don't want to live in the world where this is a thing. And I'm sure you don't either.

So I wrote a response to it. I was going to post it here, but then just thought I would post it as a separate thing. In it I cover quite a few examples of feminism (which really brought my anger levels up), why feminism is wrong, and quite a few other things.

If any other YWS'ers stumble across this post, you are free to check out my response as well. Here is the link: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=122040

I hope you guys enjoy!

-willachilles

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah