Home » Literary works » Other » Dramatic

A Little Secret

by iluvfbnrtr

Walking home from school, the wind seemed to whisper into my ear.

"Trouble is coming," it muttered.

The sky darkened and it started to rain. I was all alone. The wind roughly rubbed against my skin. As I started to run, the air pinched my lungs.

Something grabbed my arm and pulled me close. He covered my mouth and sprayed something in my face, which made me blackout.

- - -

When I awoke, I was lost. I was tied to a chair. A shadow crept towards me.

"Moises," I snarled.

"Bella, the little mermaid," he snickered.

"How would you know I was a mermaid?"

"I have people for that sweetheart," he replied, beginning to circle around me.

"What do you want with me Moises?"

"I want you to kiss me, Bella. I want to be 'bonded' to you," he declared grabbing my neck, trying to kiss me.

"NO!!!" I screamed, twisting my head where he couldn't reach my lips.

"Why not?!?"

"Because I don't love you."

He stood up straight and thought about what I had said.

"So. You 'love' that boy, um, what's his name? Oh yes, Jason?'

"Don't you DARE hurt him!!" I yelled twisting trying to get out of the ropes.

"No worries Bella. If you kiss me, I'll let him go."

I began to cry. Why would someone treat me like this? I don't want to be forced to love someone. I started to chill the room. Moises started to get cold and shiver; evidently, I slipped out of the chair and closer to my true love.

I ran to Jason's rescue, he was my only TRUE love. I was meant to bond with him forever.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights