Demon ~Excerpt~

by iEuphoria

“And believe me I know, I’ve fucked up plenty.. more than you could have ever imagined. What makes it worse, is that I had crushed Lucas every step of the way, every mistake I made, ultimately hurting him in the most painful way possible. And in return, he sees me differently.. As a monster, a liar and a slut who ruined his life, who killed his trust in people and made him feel that he didn’t belong on such a treacherous, sadistic planet. And all of this, because I was too fucking stupid to see what I had done before it was too late. Each time Lucas calls me a liar or shows how things have changed, by his responces varying from what he used to say when I had said a phrase. Each time, I would rather pierce a dagger through my chest and end it all in a blink of an eye. But, what would that solve? Nothing. I knew that what Lucas and I have was worth putting up a fight, even if it took every last bit out of me, in order to keep him by my side. He meant too much to just watch as he walked out that door with no intention or desire to ever stop walking or turn back. And that, my dear Maybelle, is why I mustn’t give up. Not now, not ever. For love, in which I didn’t believe exist until I saw his smile on that Summer evening.”

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:35 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression:

“And believe me I know, I’ve up plenty.. more than you could have ever imagined. What makes it worse, is that I had crushed Lucas every step of the way, every mistake I made, ultimately hurting him in the most painful way possible. And in return, he sees me differently.. As a monster, a liar and a slut who ruined his life, who killed his trust in people and made him feel that he didn’t belong on such a treacherous, sadistic planet. And all of this, because I was too stupid to see what I had done before it was too late. Each time Lucas calls me a liar or shows how things have changed, by his responces varying from what he used to say when I had said a phrase. Each time, I would rather pierce a dagger through my chest and end it all in a blink of an eye. But, what would that solve? Nothing. I knew that what Lucas and I have was worth putting up a fight, even if it took every last bit out of me, in order to keep him by my side. He meant too much to just watch as he walked out that door with no intention or desire to ever stop walking or turn back. And that, my dear Maybelle, is why I mustn’t give up. Not now, not ever. For love, in which I didn’t believe exist until I saw his smile on that Summer evening.”

Well this appears to be some sort of monologue situation right here that you've taken to be this excerpt here...and I will say this was rather interesting to read. There's certainly quite a few fun things going on here....aaand well it does sound like this comes out of a pretty interesting novel.

SO before I get into the actual content here, I will start out by saying, this is a lot for one person to say all at one, unless this was meant to be like a speech of some sort, and really even in that case, you should try and break this up into smaller chunks, and perhaps include a few descriptions of actions here and there, by the one speaking or even better by the one's listening cause that will make this a lot more realistic and also it will be far better than having this one massive hard to read chunk her.

Onto the content, I was expecting more demonic things considering the title, but this looks to be a fairly interesting point in the novel regardless with someone sort of coming to a kind of decision while reflecting on the past somewhat. It describes what seems to be someone who acted rather horrible and made the speaker out to be some kind of monster on top of that....well, definitely caught my attention enough that I'd think this is a novel I may read.

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites