12+

The Night I Almost Gave Up

by happiestwr1t1ng23

I'm just sick and tired, man, I don't know what to do anymore. I can't deal with the demons I'm battling with no more it's too much. I'm at the point where I'm bout ready to check out. I'm trying to hold out till I get therapy but I don't know if I'm gonna make it till then. The shooters bout ready to fire... they've been taking aim for years with targets going up and down me... I just can't shake them away anymore. I'm tired of struggling between normalcy and insanity on a daily basis. I'm trying to hang in there but I don't know because I'm bout ready to hang myself. This isn't my life I'm taking, this isn't my body, it's something that's holding me hostage but I can't figure out what it is. I feel like I have to let this life go because I swear it's not mine. This isn't how I wanted to live. I just don't get where it all went wrong. It's so hard. I'm literally crying my eyes out in silence just typing this. My mom right across the hall and she don't even know.

That was the series of messages I sent to a friend as I was getting ready to reach for my robe belt and end my existence. But I knew how crazy it was and that's why I had her talk some sense into me, as this wasn't the first time I experienced this episode of severe depression and panic. And I'm glad I didn't act on it, because after I had calmed myself down I came to this realization: I'd rather die happy than die a miserable failure. 

I looked back at how unsatisfied I was with my grades (which I tried to not care about too greatly because I personally believe it's a letter used for pre-judgement, but deep down I knew I had lost the kid that used to make mom proud that she got the honor roll and that made me feel like a disappointment to my mother), some reckless decision I made which my parents' are still unaware of... to say the least I luckily dodged a nine month bullet at age 16 with a guy I knew didn't love me but loved what I had to offer, and I can honestly say that emotionally I had a hard time building connections with people (I sometimes pushed away family and friends because sometimes I slip into a mode where I want to be alone and mute, and my "relationships" never lasted long because they were always rushed into without me really having the chance to catch true feelings).  All these things ultimately aren't worth the value of my life, and that worth is something I had to judge for myself. There's plenty of people in this world that are battling inner demons all for personal and/or unknown reasons, and with that I say this: things seem bad now, but that's only because you allowed those things to weigh you down. You have the strength to pull yourself through if you remember who you are, what you want to be, and who you could be. Never forget that and never lose yourself. If you feel alone; there are approximately 7 billion people on Earth and it's impossible to know them all, so you are never alone. Just stick around and surely there'll be people that will accept you for who you are and love you unconditionally. If you were to know me, I would make you feel... no wait... I would show you just how special you are and that there's a gift you need to share. This world is in need of change, and you would be doing your job by giving the needy (all of us are needy in a way) your gift. You'd regret leaving this cruel world unchanged, you know exactly how cold it can be so make it  a little warmer or things will never change.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:20 pm
jayflames1 says...

i like how your user name is so happy with the picture saying smile and you write this XD

Haha I never noticed the irony of that! But I hope that the words of encouragement in the end go along with that better xD

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:56 pm
RebelWriter wrote a review...

I commend you for your courage to write something like this, I would have been apprehensive, but that's just me. Grammatical errors will be ignored. I can understand your need for encouragement and feeling low. I've felt pretty down before and have needed lots of encouragement to not give up. Never been suicidal or depressed, just blue. I tend to set my bar for expectations higher than what I can reach, too high, and when I don't reach it I get very upset. Kind words and words of encouragement would be nice. Good job, feel free to review my latest work, A Tragic End, sometime :)

Thank you so much, I appreciate your review! I'll surely check out your work :D

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:32 am
Reet3103 wrote a review...

Hey.

I loved this. I'm completely overlooking all the errors, because you mentioned something about them already. Also, because I was one of these people who need courage. And I completely understand what you did here. Personally, it's kind of something my best friend said to me.

Well done.

Keep writing and stay blessed.

xoxo

Thank you so much I'm glad you read this.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:03 am

If there are any grammatical issues I apologize in advance, I changed and removed some words from the original text so that it would make sense and the rest was free-versed off the top of my head.

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne