z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Violence Mature Content

The Revenge

by gauravkundu32


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

It was a cloudy evening. It seemed like it was going to rain and James was sitting with some of his Mates and waiter was waiting for the order .

James started the conversation ," hey Philip , How's your romantic life going on bro ? "

" Not so well , She's so arrogant and piss me off and I feel like if I am grounded , you know what, married life of mine sucks!! ewe , When we were dating , she used to talk with me so politely and also cared me in every way possible but now she only give her orders and if I do not obey her she start talking about divorce , can you Believe ! Divorce man, What the heck !"

" Hey, calm down bro, Suzanne is a nice girl as far I know her and if you try to convince her once she'll be ok " before James could say further Philip cried, " If she wants us to live together in the same house , she'll have to become the old Suzanne , the girl i fell in love with, whom I know, I loved more than my life and will do forever , I'm not her servant who follow her orders "

" So you want her to follow your orders " Daniel said with a brisk smile in his face.

" Ohh Danny nope never bro, but we're couple , isn't it ! if I'm fulfilling her desires she ought to care for me and love me , Also I've heard that She dates someone else while I go away from home for work" wiping his tears off, Philip said.

" Oh That is me, I guess, with whom she like to roam around" said Daniel by winking at James.

" What!! ?? What the hell you bloody Bastard ?!! yelled Philip , standing from his seat.

" hey man , chill out buddy I was just joking , testing your affection towards her and nothing else "

" But you were in affair with another woman before "

" Yes I was, but I abandoned her, It was just a time pass but I love my present girlfriend from the bottom of my heart and believe me , bro, The previous one was not Suzanne , her name was "Amelia de Fernando " said Daniel tapping the shoulder of Philips when he took his seat again.

" What, Did you say , Amelia , but She's my fiancée and we'll be engaged soon , I love her and can do anything for her, she's a pretty girl and I know her better than anyone .Once she had told me that she had some relation with a cheap guy but she brake up with him, because the chap was too mean and lusty , I did not knew , it was you , as she never had told the name neither I asked her, I trust her more than myself , " said James in an agitated manner.

" You're getting me wrong bro, If that Amelia is your girlfriend , Who is about to come here now and to whom you'd said to introduce her to us, I am pretty sure that she's another girl with the same name , and keep my words bro, Girls are too complex creatures, They can trap you into their web by their special bait, specially wealthy people like us and when their need is completed they will leave you alone by making your pocket empty" said Daniel looking towards the beer he order five minutes ago. Philip Nodded his head . but James was not ready to accept his statement. For him, Amelia was everything .He said" I know the fact that Philip is married and you were in a relationship and hence you both have more experience as compared to me , but I love my Future spouse and I know her, I have full Faith in her and I Believe that She is of my kind, sweet and innocent " then a sound of bleep came and James started to read the message on his smart phone. The message was something like this

"Hello darling, I'm so sorry dear but due to Rain which is so heavy here , I do not know about yours , I cannot come . So can you please beg sorry from my side from your buddies . I've prepared your favourite dish also , so do not get late and come soon , ah yeah , also do not get wet in Rain , Okay dear, Your Love <3"

"I wish I could stay here for some time but My fiancée is not well today and she need my company there at home, I'm sorry guys , Let us see, if we can get together soon, See you Soon , Bubye " said James and ran out of seat soon . He disappeared soon and now two only left sitting in front of one glass of bear which was half filled .

" This fellow is going to Hell soon , my experience says bro, what do you say ?" said Philip with a mixture of smile and sadness expression on face.

" I do not think so, he can handle Amelia I'm sure and did not you heard his words, she's always in his favour and he also loves her in return. hey nice business nah , You admire someone and the person care for you for lifetime . I'm thinking to open a shop where I'll stick posters of admiration and Girls will love me and.........." said Daniel in a relaxing mood and by closing his eyes as if he is imaging the scenario of him in between girls.

" aye hey no way stop this poor jokes dude, No comedy show is going on here, why do not you take anything seriously "

" If I'll take everything seriously like you, I'll become , I am afraid but, like you and I am sure there will be no friend of me like yours ( I'm here to get you in right direction) . Sure baby, I'll be in hospital and rot like potato there in asylum "

" Love is not a business , man, seriously , you're half cracked jerk, once you'll fall in true love , you'll understand its true meaning and I wish you do not repent for your mistake bro, get to the right track and do some work, how many days will you live on your partner's money" said Philip and went away without taking any gulp of liquor now. While going he fell once ( may be due to alcohol effect or his unstable mind ) also on ground but stood soon by the support of the waiter and was accompanied by him till the roadway. Daniel started drinking again , said, " These freaky manions never know the true meaning of Heaven , what the heck !! totally Rubbish people , " and while saying so, he fell on the table which resulted in breaking of the wine glass which fell down on the ground, when stroked from his head, drew attention of some people nearby , though the table cloth remained clean as before, stain free, as the glass of liquor left was now emptied by Daniel.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 817
Reviews: 16

Donate
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:17 am
View Likes
Idrinkink wrote a review...



I love your idea and how the story flows. We all should keep in mind that we are not some proffesional writers and that making mistakes will make us LEARN. As I said, I like the story though when started you should have given a brief description of your characters or maybe a description of where they were sitting. There are some grammitical mistakes and and aswell as mistakes concerning punctuation. Eventhough, I am in my early teens.I think books have helped me ALOT in that aspect and since english is not your mother lanuage I think you are in a pretty good shape.
You need to describe how your character feels and just add a little suspence so that the reader is forced to stick and read.
Good going though.
Looking forward to more work. :)




User avatar
83 Reviews


Points: 619
Reviews: 83

Donate
Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:09 am
View Likes
Andrea2676Marie wrote a review...



Great idea. I love the way the story is flowing, especially the personalities of the characters. I encourage you to continue writing, and post more! You did a really good job at describing what was going on, and I also like the word choice. I think you should expand a little more, and go more in depth. As always, good luck to you and your writing. Keep up the good work!




User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 3690
Reviews: 122

Donate
Fri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm
View Likes
umaima wrote a review...



Hey,

First of all a warm welcome to YWS. I just read your story and trust me when I say that it was great. The plot is amazing, the storyline too and your Idea rocks.

Although this was a good piece it had some mistakes.

As a beginner adding less description of people and places is meant to happen (Same case as mine) but don't get disheartened because it happens with almost everyone. You just need to describe what you are imagining more. Like how the characters look, what they are wearing, how is the place they are sitting in, what the characters feel about it and what the surrounding is like, etc. So try adding descriptions (As mentioned by many below too)

Now lets come to the grammatical problems.

There were to many unnecessary spaces throughout the story.

It was a cloudy evening. It seemed like it was going to rain and James was sitting with some of his Mates and waiter was waiting for the order .


You should add 'the' after "his Mates and" in the second line and the space after "Order" isn't necessary.

James started the conversation ," hey Philip , How's your romantic life going on bro ? "


There should be no space after 'conversation'. You don't need to add spaces before a comma (,) and question mark (?)

" Not so well , She's so arrogant and piss me off and I feel like if I am grounded , you know what, married life of mine sucks!! ewe , When we were dating , she used to talk with me so politely and also cared me in every way possible but now she only give her orders and if I do not obey her she start talking about divorce , can you Believe ! Divorce man, What the heck !"


Instead of 'piss' it should be 'pisses' and in the first line after 'I feel' I think it would be better if you cut the word 'like' and add 'as'. In the second line instead of 'married life of mine sucks' I think it would better be 'my married life sucks'. 'E' should be capital in 'ewe'. In the third line instead of 'with me' it would be better if you say 'to me' and after 'also cared' there should be 'for'. It should be 'gives' instead of give. In the fourth line 'she starts' would be better.

" Hey, calm down bro, Suzanne is a nice girl as far I know her and if you try to convince her once she'll be ok " before James could say further Philip cried, " If she wants us to live together in the same house , she'll have to become the old Suzanne , the girl i fell in love with, whom I know, I loved more than my life and will do forever , I'm not her servant who follow her orders "


It should be 'as far as' in the first line. In the third line you forgot to capitalize 'I'. In the fourth line 'whom I know' should be 'whom I knew' because you are talking about the past here. and I the last line add 'will' in between 'who' and 'follow'.

" So you want her to follow your orders " Daniel said with a brisk smile in his face.


It should be 'with a brisk 'on' his face' not in.

" Ohh Danny nope never bro, but we're couple , isn't it ! if I'm fulfilling her desires she ought to care for me and love me , Also I've heard that She dates someone else while I go away from home for work" wiping his tears off, Philip said.

" Oh That is me, I guess, with whom she like to roam around" said Daniel by winking at James.


'Oh!', one more h is used in chat handwriting. And in the second line 'to care about me' will fit in better. Third line 'I am not around' might look better than 'go away from home for work'. And boys don't really cry much because it hurts there pride so I think the tears part is kind of not suitable? It's just my opinion, no offense.
And in the last line 'like' should be replaced by 'likes'

" What, Did you say , Amelia , but She's my fiancée and we'll be engaged soon , I love her and can do anything for her, she's a pretty girl and I know her better than anyone .Once she had told me that she had some relation with a cheap guy but she brake up with him, because the chap was too mean and lusty , I did not knew , it was you , as she never had told the name neither I asked her, I trust her more than myself , " said James in an agitated manner.


In the first line it should be "What did you say?". And in the third line it is broke not brake as you are again, talking about the past. Fourth line 'know' not knew. Second last line add 'had' in between neither and I.

"I wish I could stay here for some time but My fiancée is not well today and she need my company there at home, I'm sorry guys , Let us see, if we can get together soon, See you Soon , Bubye " said James and ran out of seat soon . He disappeared soon and now two only left sitting in front of one glass of bear which was half filled .


Okay, first of all too many 'soon' in this paragraph. Repetition of one word more than two times in one para makes it odd for the reader. First line add more in between of some and time. second line it should be 'needs' instead of need. In the third line I think you should strike off the word 'soon' because it looks unnecessary, 'James and ran out of the seat' is inappropriate. You should strike off the 'out of the seat' because James wasn't sitting 'IN' the seat, he was sitting 'ON' the seat. I am sure you didn't mean it that way but it looks like it when we read it.

Note: So you basically need to work on your grammar, a little on spellings (not much though) and spaces.

Trust me I enjoyed the story (though it is rated above 16 and I happen to be younger). There was bad language but as the scene seems to have taken place in a bar (According to me) it worked. Finally, Job well done! Just work on a few things and I bet you will be a wonderful writer.

All the nest for your next work.

Umaima






Thanks a lot :)





Thanks a lot :)



umaima says...


You're welcome



User avatar
179 Reviews


Points: 11017
Reviews: 179

Donate
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm
guineapiggirl wrote a review...



i won't do a full review because the other reviewers did some very good jobs and i don't have anything much to add, but I'll give you a little one seeing as I agreed to review this.
You don't need to capitalise half as much as you did. You've capitalised random words in the middle of sentences, like she and descriptive words and stuff.
You need your dialogue to feel more genuine, yuknow, like lads chatting in a bar, not like great philosophers philosophising about love.
Also, i got a little bit confused between the characters. A bit more description of each character and a bit more character building would be good. Maybe start from when they're arriving, with them all walking in. Have them say, "Hey, how's your wife?" and stuff and just get it all settled in our minds before you go into the big issues.
also, describe the setting. They're in a bar- a posh bar, a grungy bar? Indoors or outdoors? What are they drinking?
I hope I helped a bit :D






Thanks for the review , You really helped me .



User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 833
Reviews: 15

Donate
Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 am
AUnicornNamedJay wrote a review...



HELLO! :D Jay Here! :D
ACTIVATE UNICORN POWERS!
Lol.
Okay so like, I like the basis of the topic that you've placed these characters in this situation.
However... don't hate me. I think you need a bit more detail in description/situation/dialogue when I say Dialogue I mean like they can't sound the way they do, it sound fake almost, but I want it to sound convincing and like well, yeah... don't hate me. Also I feel as though the whole situation is explained but it's very broad... I feel like you could of placed some words in places where they were needed and took out a lot of things that weren't. You understand? :D

Also conjunctions, use them: can't, I'm, etc.

Plus, spelling, like in the beginning when he says piss, I think and mentally I already did this but I think it should say "pissed" slap me if I'm wrong. :)

But overall I liked it. I mean it wasn't bad, but you know it wasn't... great. Don't kill me for saying that please! But you know it could use some work and editing. :)

Have you ever tried listening to music and writing? It helps me a lot when I write, it helps me get a certain flow and a certain rhythm into the story that helps move it along. Plus it just helps me, but I tend to start writing the lyrics and singing the songs! :P #LoserStatus

Anywhore, work on it and don't be afraid to add emotions, details and describe the characters emotions. I mean full on emotions, though, you know right? I live for description and emotion, I love to know what they are feeling, I want to be able to visualize the sweat dripping from their forehead down the bare naked skin of their neck while a cool autumn breeze blows across the small puddles of perspiration giving that sweet sensation of goosebumps flowing in a wave of energy across their back and down to the bottom of their tailbone, you know what I mean?

But yeah, also, who are these characters besides what you've already written...? Give me more info about them... I want to experience what it is they're going through even if it is just little enough for me to get a generalization of who they are, is enough. Just enough detail to form a basis. :)

Smile it keep the demons away, and yeah. :D

Wow that was a lot, and well yeah sorry but I'm honest and yeah.

Kk, work on this and I'm sure it will be flawless! :D BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

-Jay.xx.




Random avatar

Points: 668
Reviews: 131

Donate
Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:17 pm
View Likes
DukeofWonderland wrote a review...



I'll do the world's shortest review because I'm not very good with this genre myself.

First, I think James, Daniel an Phillip need a bit more of an intro before we see them in a conversation. Maybe add a para initially to say the three friends were sitting and chatting. Add a bit of the environment maybe in the description.

Secondly, the ladies in their lives all seem to interwine and that is clearly the origin of my confusion. I'm not sure that confusion can be cleared otherwise though. It's a part of your plot. I suppose we could have some introduction where we aren't thrown into them all getting mad and screaming so we can calmly discern the relations presented here.

Finally, you tend to keep your sentences long, placing commas to help elongate it. Don't. Shorter sentences help readers keep track. Use more fullstops and also, don't be scared to put question marks where you feel the rant is said in an 'asking' tone.
Try placing your piece on Word, and fixing up all the errors shown. Basically the mid-sentence capitalization and the punctuation.
This article by Demeter might help: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=44898

And yup, best of luck and all. Hope to see more from you soon. And hope this review's helped.






Thanks for your review and the link. it helped me to know more about punctuation .



User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am
View Likes
Tressheart says...



Hey I got the idea about your story. Hmm, it's nice.But lot of grammar errors which I think you can manage with a little help. This story is lot about love and relations. I like your idea. Waiting for more from where this came from with hope and tears in my eyes. Just kidding, not with hope and tears but I'm waiting. Just do your best and write up your imaginations I'm sure you can get your story moving in no time.






I'll try to reduce the number of grammatical errors in my future works. Thanks



User avatar
152 Reviews


Points: 3965
Reviews: 152

Donate
Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am
View Likes
Rubric wrote a review...



I started doing a point by point review, but that seemed pretty fruitless. There are some clear reurring errors here, and I'll try to point them out so that you can apply them in an edit. overall the piece is dealing with a pretty interesting scenario, but you've left the reader quite a bit of work to do in understanding the piece.

Your punctuation in general seems to misunderstand spacing. Generally the rule is to have a space after a punctuation mark, but not before it.

"It was a cloudy evening."
Stories often begin with a description of weather. It sets the scen, and can be used to give some indication of the mood of the scene through pathetic fallacy. However, it's also a great opportunity to show, rather than tell. The reader can discover that the evening is cloudy without you directly telling them that it is so. What does a cloudy evening look like? How do people react to it? What causes it? Work around these descriptions and you could manage a more intriguing introduction to your piece.

" What!! ?? "
You overuse punctuation, particularly exclamation marks. If everything is emphasised, then nothing is. It is incorrect grammar to combine multiple exclamation marks or question marks (and doubly so to do so with both).

"was "Amelia de Fernando " said"
You don't need those quotation marks in the middle, as the proper noun refers to a person who is being dated.

"What, Did"
Generally, capitalisation is required only for the beginning of sentences, "I", and proper nouns.

"liquor left was now emptied by Daniel"
Liquor cannot be emptied. A container filled with liquor, however, can be.


I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. If you felt that this was at all what you're after in a review, feel free to ask me to prvde input on future work.






Thank you for the review, it really helped me



User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 742
Reviews: 57

Donate
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:15 am
View Likes
Animal wrote a review...



So you requested this review.

Animal is here to save the world review...

Let's get started...

There are some errors.

Daniel started drinking again , said, " These freaky manions never know the true meaning of Heaven , what the heck !! totally Rubbish people , " and while saying so, he fell on the table which resulted in breaking of the wine glass which fell down on the ground, when stroked from his head, drew attention of some people nearby , though the table cloth remained clean as before, stain free, as the liquor left was now emptied by Daniel.

That was a long sentence. Break it down and, manions, this is no world, I think you meant minions or something.

I've prepared your favourite dish also , so do not get late and come soon , ah yeah , also do not get wet in Rain , Ok dear, Your Love <3"

Ok It is used in chat and stuff. If it's formal, use Okay

" Hey, calm down bro, Suzanne is a nice girl as far I know her and if you try to convince her once she'll be ok " before James could say further Philip cried, " If she wants us to live together in the same house , she'll have to become the old Suzanne , the girl i fell in love with, whom I know, I loved more than my life and will do forever , I'm not her servant who follow her orders "

ok And again this is very long, break it down. Get that?

Else everything is fine but you need to work on grammar and this isn't my genre so I can't tell anything other than general errors.

-Ani






Thanks for your detailed reply, I'll keep the points in mind , Thanks again :)




"He looks like a turtle who's been through the Vietnam war."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi