The Dark Crystal Part 9

by fantasydragon01

Roaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounded as if a chain of mountains exploded at the same time. Rocks and boulders began to fill the space. They both knew what was coming.

"Run NOW!" cried out Astelna.

Luckily, Einar could run swiftly and fast, for he had taken running lessons in his school back at Bearhelm. Astelna was a natural runner. Her running was similar like a cheetah. She took Einar's hand they ran though halls and rooms. More boulders began to fall. More roars were heard, and they were louder than before.

Yooooooouuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

More rocks fell. Boulders were starting to cover up escape routes, but it was due to their running that Astelna and Einar left the Cavern before a boulder sealed it shut.

They were now outside. They were still in the mountains, though they had roads on the sides of them. Below were deep holes that led to dark places.  These roads were seldom used, due to the fact that they were narrow and steep.

The sun was shining brightly in the cloudless, azure sky. It was humid and devoid of wind. Astelna could not take the heat. This was the first time in many years that she had gone outside. She covered her eyes with her hands and began to groan.

"The sun is burning my eyes!" she said. "I am greatly unused to the outside."

"Here is a taste of the outside world," said Einar, panting for breath. "It's amazing that we escaped the Cavern. Our running barely saved our lives. Are you all right?"

"Just my arm. It is only bleeding," replied Astelna, her hand covering the wound mark. "Nothing serious. We have to leave."

"How? We can't run through the roads. They are too dangerous."

"Indeed," said a deep, angry voice. The two looked up. It was Geud flying in the sky. His scales gleamed in the afternoon sun. His eyes were gleaming, but in a different way. It was not the gleam of happiness or anything like that. It was the glean of anger. "You really thought I would let you escape like that, you two mindless little mice, hmmm? You thought I would let you ride off into the sunset. You know, there is a word that I think you both don't know. It's called 'brain'. Think for once. I would never let anyone escape like that. " Then, turning to Astelna, "My men and I had taken care of you for hundreds of years, and you repay us by betrayal! That Crystal is mine. I demand you give it back before you and your friend will burn!"

"It's for his mother, Geud," said the elf. "At first, I was reluctant in helping his dying mother, but now, I feel inspired to help her and him."

"I thought you cared for nobody," said the dragon.

"I care for Einar, and I will do anything in my power to help his mother. Besides, he wants to show me the outside world."

"The outside world, eh? Well, I think you've had enough of the outside world."

Astelna suddenly made a strange whistling sound. Einar wanted to ask her why she did that, but he kept silent.

"Jump, Einar," she whispered to him.

"What?"

"Jump!"

"But that's suicide."

"Just jump!"

He took her hand and did as she said. They both jumped off the road and down into the deep hole. Of course, they did not fall into the hole. A dragon as blue as the sky, though smaller than Geud had been lurking in the hole. Einar and Astelna had fallen on his back. The dragon began to fly upwards into the sky. His wings were tremendous though not as tremendous as Geud's.  Then, with one roar, he left south. Geud was infuriated. He began to pursue the dragon.

"I will get you and I will kill you! I will curse you and I will eat you!" roared Geud. He then spewed bright red flames.

But the blue dragon was quick enough to escape the flames.

Dracula wrote a review...

before you and your friend will burn!"
Will is not necessary.

That is my only nitpick! I loved this chapter. Your style of writing is simple but it gets everything that I need to know across. You are brilliant at writing fantasy, I could imagine it all in my mind's eye. Sorry that this review is so short, I just don't know what else to say! :D

Thank you so much. I think I might cry. *trying to hold back tears*

Dracula says...

Don't cry! :D

All right. *sniffles and dries tears*. There. Now I am all normal. Thank you so, so much

Mon May 25, 2015 1:15 am
MadestMonkey wrote a review...

I love fantasy and this i very good. I am a big fantasy nerd and I love to write fantasy. This piece did not fail to meet any expectations from a fantasy nerd. You did very good and I like it. I think that fantasy is a good genre to write because when you are writing it you kind of "escape" reality. Anyways very good job and continue what you do!!

I love fantasy to the very depths of my soul.

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13