z

Young Writers Society



A Different Day

by eden


I woke up knowing yesterday has passed; only knowing today will be different...

Withheld, deep inside me, my feelings have longed to be unveiled. Many times the opportunity has risen, but time after time I feel a sudden revulsion, turned around by qualms of fear and uncertainty. Like a tidal wave the fortuity washes away, washed away by my fading, depleting courage. If only I was different, maybe a bit more audacious. You would know of my feelings and maybe we would be together. We would be in each other’s arms, bound in unison, never letting go. I would look into your eyes as we sit in silence, immersed in empathy; for someti \mes you’ll know a person more when you’re just quiet. But it’s not like that. I am not that kind of person.

I stand outside waiting for you. I told myself that I would make today different. But why is today any different when all the other days ended in solitude? Frequently my head is filled with thoughts of you, of how I would tell you. Just the simple thought of you causes me to smile endlessly, caught in an everlasting, irenical bliss. How can I describe your beauty? As radiant as the brightest star; yet peaceful and serene like the most tranquil, moonlit night. Gazing in your eyes alone makes me shudder in a feeling of an absolute, enduring happiness. Your eyes, so alluring; even more beautiful when enticed in a lights reflection. Gleaming as it casts an even brighter shimmer.

Here is my chance. I catch a glance of you, not too far off. But suddenly I feel weakened. The same daunting thoughts cross my mind. I would tell you how I feel and you would see to it as if it were nothing. You would laugh or just walk away. You would leave me abandoned; alone, feeling so small and insufficient in this now miserable world. Most of all you would break my heart. It’s what I fear the most, something no one wishes to endure. I may not have had my heart broken before but the enigma of it all frightens me even more. You can’t help but feel intimidated by the damage that can be inflicted to yourself and to your entire morale.

But I mustn’t think of such things. I know that I can’t bear the thought of what could have been. If I go on with the rest of my life not knowing, I would be forever lost in a contingency full of regret. So you see I must tell you. I must be optimistic in the way that will encourage me to go through with this inconceivable task. I know that the good things that can happen outweigh the bad. The happiness that you can bring into my life is immeasurable compared to emptiness and despair. But I just can’t seem to get that through my head.

As you walk closer these thoughts battle within me. I start to walk towards you now, building up more courage on the fact that I even took a step. Each step is harmonious to each heartbeat, slowly increasing with each passing moment. It is as if the whole world can hear my heart beating, pulsating deep within me; parallel to the nervousness I am sure to be emitting. As we draw nearer you smile at me; I smile back, elated that you even took notice. You are in front of me now. A pleasant moment of silence passes before we took the initial step to greet each other…

I have longed for the day I would have you, yet I have been hiding in a withheld shadow of doubt. Was today the day that I finally told you; did I overcome my fears and finally expressed my deep, sincere longing?

I woke up knowing yesterday has passed; only knowing today will be different. Nothing has changed but my anticipation for tomorrow.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
378 Reviews


Points: 1215
Reviews: 378

Donate
Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:52 pm
sokool15 wrote a review...



I loved the first paragraph, and the last paragraph, but that's about all I could read.

I'm sorry, but I can only agree with previous critiquer. It's very hard to read when it's all in one block.

I would suggest you just go through and find places to space it out. I can see that other people managed to read through it, and perhaps they're just better at reading than me, or something, but I think you would do well to make a lot more paragraphs.

When you start a new paragraph, put an extra line in between. (look above to see what I mean.) This may not look as good on your computer, and you wouldn't want to try to publish a piece like that, but it makes it a lot easier to read on this website.

So if you do that, if you could pm me and let me know, I'd love to come back and read. What I could get through looked really good, poetic and beautiful.

~Mademoiselle Kool

P.S. Have you considered cutting this to 500 words and entering it into that contest that's going on? I think it might do well!




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 461

Donate
Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:34 pm
GingerLizzy wrote a review...



Now, this is not about the piece that you have written, as I did not read it.

I didn't read it because of the structure. Why have you placed it all in one big block? Paragraphs and sentence structure is necessary to urge the reader to want to look at this piece. As soon as I saw the stucture, I immediately felt bored and tired and didn't read the rest.

Rethink this.




User avatar
375 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 375

Donate
Wed May 04, 2005 1:46 am



this is AWSOME!! really good job..... keep it up, ill have to check out your poem...




Random avatar

Points: 933
Reviews: 2

Donate
Tue May 03, 2005 9:52 pm
eden says...



Thanks for the comments! I posted a poem to sort of follow this up in the lyrical poetry section if you guys would like to take a look at it... :D




User avatar


Points: 890
Reviews: 4

Donate
Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:30 pm
Fallen Angel says...



I love this! I can totally relate to this...which is so cool. I hope to read more of your stuff!




User avatar
129 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 129

Donate
Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:59 am
Mattie wrote a review...



Eden babe! LOL ;) I totally loved this! It's amazing although I think everything on here is either amazing or breath taking, but seriously, I really enjoyed reading this! My favorite part is here:

As you walk closer these thoughts battle within me. I start to walk towards you now, building up more courage on the fact that I even took a step. Each step is harmonious to each heartbeat, slowly increasing with each passing moment. It is as if the whole world can hear my heart beating, pulsating deep within me; parallel to the nervousness I am sure to be emitting. As we draw nearer you smile at me; I smile back, elated that you even took notice. You are in front of me now. A pleasant moment of silence passes before we took the initial step to greet each other…

That's awesome! I can't wait to read more of what you have especially since I liked this. Hope to read more and keep it up!




User avatar
221 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 221

Donate
Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:53 pm
Kay Kay says...



Wow! I loved it a bunch.





'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights