blur.

by courageousfish

it all went by like a blur. 

the period of time that you were so worried about,

the moment that you have been waiting for all your life,

the life that you have been dreaming of,

it all went by like a blur. 

so why be scared when you can live in the present, and live life to its fullest? say yes when you want to, and say no when you don't want to. there is always something to worry about, but worrying is not going to change anything. live, laugh, cry, get upset. that's life. and before you know it, it's the next morning. yesterday just went by like a blur. 

fleuralplants wrote a review...

Hi! I really enjoyed this poem. I like the length of the last stanza compared to the rest; the longevity of it adds to the poem, in my opinion.
I love the message the poem sends as well, and I found it to be meaningful and inspiring. The message to enjoy life, and I always love an inspiring positive poem.
I especially am a fan of the line

that's life.
The simplicity of that phrase is important and it flows well with the poem and explains everything in a short and sweet manner.
All in all, this is a great poem!

Password wrote a review...

Hey! Review time!

First off, I think the point this poem makes of life being a blur, is amazing and really well done. The poem itself is fantastic, and the wording is great.

The only thing I thought you should add, is capitals at the start of the sentences.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it and think it's cool piece of writing! :)

Hope you're having a good day,

- Sliver_Lining

Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:40 am
MoonIris wrote a review...

Hi courageousfish
I'm here with a review. Your title caught my eye. What I liked about your poem was the message that it had. Life can pass by like a blur. I also appreciated you using punctuation; it made it more pleasant to read. My favorite line was:
"yesterday just went by like a blur"

Now, there are some cons as well. First of all, you start as a poem but you don't finish it that way. I don't know if it was an accident but I think you should keep only one. As well if the second one is in prose and not lyrical you should capitalize.
"and before you know it, it's the next morning"
Here the two its are next to each other and sound like an unpleasant repetition. Removing one of them or adding a full stop should be enough.

Overall you have a great poem you just need to fix one or two things to make it amazing.
I hope my review helped you and didn't offend you in any way,
MoonIris.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold