How I am

by cdog121201

Life’s lonely sometimes; correction all the time. No matter what you do or say there will be judgment, never any way to make the right decision. That’s what happened to me. It didn’t matter what I wore or who I was friends with, it was never enough. I was never enough. And I never will be. I’ll never get the chance to really experience life and ‘enjoy the little things’ like everyone says to do. The truth is, I’ve been alone for a long time and nobody cares or notices. I never get a second glance or a ‘how have you been lately’. I’m not popular or beautiful, so I don’t matter.

‘I’m Fine’ I always tell myself. ‘It’ll all be okay’ everyone tells me. But will it? Will I find the happiness everyone else has? Because I don’t think I will. I’ve come to terms with the reality that I will just be a person, breathing and walking around. Faking a smile or a laugh here or there. I will never be happy or sad; I will just be there. And I have no other choice but to be okay with that.

Each morning I wake up not worrying about what I wear or what braid to do because I know that nobody will notice it anyways. Nobody will care enough about my effort to take the second to say you look pretty today. Why is that? When did the world’s version of what a person should be become about what they look like instead of who they are? The world would be much better off if people forgot about labels and were just them. Sadly, the world is so consumed in the popular idea that it seems there never will be a day when any of that matters. It will always be about what shoe brand you wear and what mascara you use.

It’s been three days since I’ve showed up at school, and I haven’t received a phone call or text message asking where I am or if I am okay. Maybe if I was a cheerleader people would ask where I was. Maybe if I was pretty people would care about if I was okay. But I will never be any of those things. I don’t deserve it and I’m not worth it.

Quieen wrote a review...

Hello ,this isn't much of a review,its just to make you know you are the best

...I disagree with the part where you said you would never be enough for anyone. You can't be enough for everyone ,but you will definitely be enough for some people. No, you are definitely enough for some people just the way you are. And you know the popular saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"its about your confidence, your boldness,your personality. That's what makes you beautiful

...About finding happiness, of course you will, you need to make yourself happy, do things that makes you happy,move with people that makes you smile, ignore people that speaks ill of you, most of the times, people tend to speak ill of you when they can't be like you.
Also, you don't have to be okay with what's making you sad,you don't have to be okay with living an unhappy life

....The third part is true tho,I used to worry a lot about what people would say about what I put on also, but someone told me dress to make yourself happy,dress to make yourself proud and fufiled, do not dress to impress someone, the truth is you cannot impress everyone.

...The last part do happen a lot, it happens to lot of people, but you really count. Do not let anyone make you think you don't worth it,do not let anyone make you think you are not good enough, you are unique, no one else can be like you, no one else is you.

I really hope this help and that you get my message, life is not a bed of rose,it has ups and downs, you would get through it

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 am
Carlito wrote a review...

Hello hello!
Like the person below me, I'm not going to write a standard review for this piece because this is obviously something personal and from your heart, so saying things like "put a comma here" or "the wording is funny there" isn't really helpful and I don't think that's what you're looking for. (But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!)

I noticed that you're 15, so I'm guessing you're either a freshman or sophomore in high school. I don't know where you live or how big of a school you go to (which really doesn't matter anyway), but I can guarantee you that you are not the only person at your school that feels this way. High school is tough, adolescence is tough, growing up is tough.

I've definitely felt similar to how you feel at different points in my life - lonely, like I don't fit in or belong, that no one really cares about me. I had to learn that I am enough and awesome just the way I am, that people's opinions of me don't matter in the long run, and that it's okay to not always be okay.

A few things that were helpful to me:
Keeping a gratitude journal - I've done this few different ways, writing down three things I'm thankful for each time I wrote in my personal journal, or by writing one thing every single day (and not repeating anything) that I'm thankful for. It can be little things like seeing a pretty flower or big things like never worrying I won't have enough food to eat.
Journaling in general - when I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone or that no one listened or cared I wrote everything on my mind and everything I was feeling into a journal just to get it all out.
Figuring out what I love and doing those things - own the things that you love and get good at those things. You can never, ever have too many hobbies.
Get involved in something - for me it was band. Maybe there's a club that looks interesting or a sport or some other activity. Try something and see what you think.
Forcing myself to say one thing I love about myself when I look in the mirror - instead of focusing on your "flaws" focus on the things that you love about yourself. Again, it can be little things like my hair looks good today, or big things like I have a rockin body. It doesn't matter if other people don't agree. Fall in love with yourself.

My PM box is always open if you need to vent or if you need anything at all!! This site has become a safe place for many people that feel the way you do, so I hope that the same thing can happen for you! Let me know if you have any questions about anything I said, or if there's something you'd like feedback about that I didn't mention, and know that it will get better. Seriously. It gets better.
<3

skylnn00writes says...

I'm not here to review this because one, there isn't anything wrong, and two, I want to make a point, if this is all true. If it's not, feel free to disregard.

You're wrong. In so many parts in this. First, you say that you are not pretty, which is a lie. I don't need to know what you look like to know that. Second, and biggest, you said you weren't worth it. The truth is, you are. You are worth way more than you know, and there is no price limit to your worth. You say you will never find happiness, which is also a lie. You will, whether you believe me now or not. There will be special people in your life that you never thought you would meet, but you will. Lastly, I want to point out you saying that no one cares. That's a close second to the biggest lie in here. You are absolutely wrong about that one. I care, the people on this website care, and your family cares, and yes, some people at your school care. At least some people. The ones who truly do may be like you. They feel like they aren't noticed either, but they are too shy or scared to come up to you.

My point in this is you have to see yourself for who you truly are, not what other people say you are. I'm sorry if this upset you or you didn't want to hear it, but I wanted you to know that. When that day comes and you find the happiness you deserve, and you see your worth and your beauty, I hope you remember my words and laugh and say, "Dang it, she was right all along." I'll be here if you need someone to talk to and rant to :smt001

~Sky

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato