Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

Changed.

by bbygirljackie18

You know what?

Yes, I've changed.

I'm not as nice as I used to be

Because I don't want to get used, or

Walked over.

I don't trust EVERYONE and tell them

My secrets like I used to because

Behind every fake smile,

There's a BACKSTABBER.

I prefer to be an introvert 

That you call "Anti-Social" because

In the end, most of the people around me

That I've grown to depend on,

Are only going to  LEAVE.

I have changed because 

I've come to realize that I'm 

The ONLY PERSON that I can really

Count on.

And I'm sorry that you don't like

The new wings I've sprouted, or

The new petals I've grown, but

I'm tired of being put down because I'm

GROWING UP.

So, go ahead.

Prove my point.

Get up and leave me.

And I no longer care if you do.

(That's changed about me too.)

BlueLitMoon wrote a review...

Cassie here with another review,
...
Hello! I hope that you are having a wonderful day! :D

This poem is very inspirational and it reminds me so much of myself. It is good to know that people understand what you have gone through and/or are still going through.
This poem was beautiful.

Thu May 26, 2016 1:24 am
deathwave1 wrote a review...

Okay, first off, I seriously love the use of bold text. I don't think I've ever seen that on here before. Extremely creative and unique, I salute you! I think the bold helped a lot with getting across the tone of the piece, which seemed (to me at least) aggressive. In the second-to-last stanza, I found the use of commas mid-line kind of distracting. Overall, great poem!

Thu May 26, 2016 12:58 am
JuliaCatop wrote a review...

This was quite bitter, but I definitely enjoyed it, so thank you for sharing.
The bolded words was something that I haven't seen a lot on here, but that's good. It kind of reminded me of something Ellen Hopkins would write, dark and factual, but also very poetic and meaningful.
There was a lot of anger in this, and I feel sorry for the person the speaker is addressing, as they must have done something terrible. This poem addresses change, which is something quite difficult to come to terms with, and it is direct.
I'm excited to read more of what you write, and to see you grow as a writer.
I honestly don't know too much about poetry, so I'm not too sure what to critique.
I think there is supposed to be a comma after, "call" on this line.
"That you call "Anti-Social" because"
Other than that, I don't know.
Very good!!
Thanks,
Julia

Elijah wrote a review...

I kind of feel sad about the topic of this poem and why I only check sad depressing poems/stories so much recently. I think the emotions are put very well but as the frist previous reviewer had said before mex the rhyme is really off it all. I mean, if oyu want the rhyming, then just rhyme all the poem, right?
I think you need to choose what to do. Rhyme or not rhyme. This is totally your choice even if honestly, most of it is not rhymed so it goes more to this type of work. I like that you jad used bold to point out the most important parts. Though I think this emotioms can be changed if suddenly someone good enough comes up in front of you. I had felt this way as you and I think many other also, no, I am sure of it. You had used this feelings very well to show us the sadness when you have no person like this in life.

Welcome to YWS and keep om writing, my dear writer.

RippleGylf wrote a review...

Wow. This is a somewhat cold-hearted poem, but I can definitely relate to that frustration towards the world. The second to last stanza is my favorite, with that imagery and the emotion behind it.

While I love that last snippet, it seems slightly odd to have a rhyme at the very end while the rest of the poem decidedly does not, but I cannot think of a better way to word it. The rhythm in the last stanza also seems off, but again, I'm not a poetry expert.

I'd also just like to know that sometimes, if you are very lucky, there is a true friend amidst the backstabbers. Don't give up hope. Keep writing! :D

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus