z

Young Writers Society



I Will Worship You

by auraennalle


(verse 1)

I could never ask for more than you have given me;
The Son that you adore you sent to set me free.
I love you more than life just as you love me.
And I apologize: I was blind but now I see.

(chorus)

You are God above,
And I will worship you;
I will worship you.
You are the God of love,
And I will worship You;
I will worship you.

(verse 2)

You are greater than the songs that we sing to you;
Despite how hard we try, it's just a simple tune.
Still you are satisfied with the meager things we do.
You give to me your life as I give my all to you.

Chorus

(bridge)

Oh Lord I love you more than words can say!
Lord, I want to praise you in every single way.
Oh Lord I love you more than words can say!
Lord I want to praise you every single day.

Chorus
Chorus

Guitar: (ignore this if you don't care)

Capo 2

Verse: C D Em D C D Em D
Chorus: G D C D G D C D
Bridge: G C D Em G C D Em G C D Em G C D Em


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
144 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 144

Donate
Wed May 20, 2009 4:39 pm
GoldenQuill says...



Hello there!
Wow. That was really powerful. I love that, it's completely honest and true. That was great; I hope it gets recongized by someone important and we're singing it in Church soon. x[}




User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 4300
Reviews: 111

Donate
Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 am
Ruth wrote a review...



Wow, this is really beautiful, so virtual chocolate chip cookies to you. XD This is a lovely song and if I was at all musical I would have learnt it by now, but I'm not and I sold my unused guitar months ago. But you've really captured the essence of worship here - I'm completely aware I'm not making much sense here - and the song is lovely, well done.

It's really great to know I'm not the only Christian around here, too. <3




User avatar


Points: 1090
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 am
mechi. wrote a review...



I really like this; I find that I am really bad at writing worship songs, so kudos to you.
The only thing, sorry to be picky with spelling, but since this is a worship song, I noticed you say "you" a lot, referring to God, but you haven't capitalized it.

And I'm a little iffy about verse 2. I feel like you should reword it a bit. 'Tune' is throwing me off; it doesn't really fit.

I'm glad you gave the chords, I played it out with my guitar and it sounded great.
Good luck with it tomorrow.

-Mechi




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 1248
Reviews: 16

Donate
Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Black Wind wrote a review...



This words are positive! They can wake up somebody from sadness. Oh, it would be great, if people would love the God as your lyrical character does. You wrote song, which will let people understand, that the life is great, and God gave to us this great thing.
So, very good!

Antonina. :)





That's how we should measure our lives. Not in distance traveled, or time passed, or worlds conquered, but in moments... and the rush of joy—of grace—that exists within them.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)