z

Young Writers Society



Roses

by atu


Fragrance beauty,
tender red,
dews that make a crystal bed,
on these soft petals,
of a rose,
The flower that I long adore. :D


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 110

Donate
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:15 pm
zell says...



intresting but too many commas but its good :D




User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:24 pm
xanthan gum says...



short, sweet, beautiful. listen to bob - he's the king of rhythm.




User avatar
266 Reviews


Points: 1726
Reviews: 266

Donate
Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:47 pm
backgroundbob wrote a review...



Interesting; short but sweet, as they say.

It's a little hard to critique a piece that's got so little to write about, but that's alright :) all pieces have their merits and shortcomings.

Fragrance beauty,
So, this first line: very nice sounding, but - did you actually mean "fragrance"? After all, that doesn't make good grammatical sense. You can leave it like that if you feel it means something, but normally you would expect to see "Fragrant beauty" instead.

My suggestion for rhythm is just to get rid of the commas on the third and fouth lines, and to change that comma on the fifth line to a semi-colon.

Anyway, nice little moment of feeling :) is the emoticon at the end intentional? It kind of takes away from the vibe, in my opinion.




User avatar
531 Reviews


Points: 8846
Reviews: 531

Donate
Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 am
Caligula's Launderette wrote a review...



Hmmm... I like the rhyme and the simplicity. Structurally too many commas methinks, maybe -

Fragrance beauty:
tender red,


in lines 3-5 because of the run-on it is hard to decifer the message and imagery through the words. I suggest breaking them up.

But otherwise I like it :D .

Hope this helps, CL.





According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie