z

Young Writers Society



Long Live Harry Potter

by armstronge


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWKEXvts ... iybOEiFceg



Warning: If you don't like mushy things, please do not read!!!

First off, that link up there is to a Youtube video about Harry Potter. Watch it, you don't necessarily have to read the stuff down here, just watch it. I didn't make that video, in fact I have no clue who did. Whoever did is amazing.



Shall I begin?



Harry Potter is something out of the world. I didn't read Harry Potter until I was 11, because I had watched the first movie and Voldemort scared all the Harry Potter out of me. After that, I refused to read any of the books or watch any of the movies because I thought it was as scary as the 1st movie.



I was wrong.



And that's why I'm glad my sister kept bugging me to read it. Anyone out there who hasn't read Harry Potter yet is missing out on life.



J.K. Rowling didn't just give the world a novel about a boy. She gave the world a whole new world. She gave everyone characters to meet and love, places to explore and wander, emotions to swell up our hearts, and situations that leave us breathless.



She gave us something that only a truly, amazing, fantastic, awesome, there's just no words to describe what Harry Potter is and what it means to us insane HP fans.



This might be late (as the last HP movie has been released a long time ago), but I'd still like to write this and to post this.



J.K. Rowling brought Harry to life.



And we, the readers and the fans, get to move alongside Harry.



We grow older with Harry, get smarter with Harry. We meet new friends with Harry, new people, new rivals. We face obstacles and problems with Harry. We feel his grief when loved ones die. We feel his joy, when friends are reunited. We feel his love towards Hogwarts. We experience the pain with him. We understand his anger and his frustration.



Whatever it is, we are always with him.



And although the last Harry Potter movie is out, the novels, the characters, the places, the losses, will never be forgotten. It won't fade away like how old trends do.



What I really would like is for J.K. Rowling to see the comments on the Youtube video. They're all about the same things, but they're all inspiring and warm. I want J.K. Rowling to know how much her book has touched each and every readers' hearts.



Harry Potter is a gift, a miracle, a legend.



Harry Potter will last forever.



Cheers to us, the Harry Potter generation.



Cheers to Harry Potter.



Long live Harry Potter.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
166 Reviews


Points: 1135
Reviews: 166

Donate
Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:16 am
Cheetah says...



I like what you said, if you don't read Harry Potter, you really ARE missing out on life. Harry Potter is the best thing ever!!! :D




User avatar
55 Reviews


Points: 39
Reviews: 55

Donate
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm
mb1221 wrote a review...



Hi, mb1221 is here to review this piece.

I am a huge fun of Harry Potter. I am obsessed with both the movies and the books. So, as soon as I saw the title of this article, I decided to read it. You have done a great job exposing what Harry Potter has done to us throughout all these years and you have explained all the life lessons that it gives very well. Also, I really liked the ending. Your word choice; the use of of the words "cheers" and "long live" are catchy, short and really effective.

The only con that I found is that you could have given some room for the summary of Harry Potter series for those who do not know about it. (There are few that do not know Harry Potter, if not many). Why I think the summary would be effective is because the article would then apply to everybody, even to those who don't know Harry Potter, as the summary might give them a snapshot of what is going on throughout the books. (We might as well wanna advertise Harry Potter series to those who don't know about it. No offence, but I find Twilight fans weird because some of them hate Harry Potter.) :D :D

Overall, I really liked the piece. Keep writing, I am looking forward to read other film/book reviews from you.




User avatar
53 Reviews


Points: 2394
Reviews: 53

Donate
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm
Ranger51 wrote a review...



Cheers to Harry Potter!

That was an absolutely amazing video - perfect music and perfect scenes! J.K. Rowling created something magical, not just words on paper. As much as I love writing, I can only hope to reach the level that she did. Rowling has replaced J.R.R Tolkien on my twop three authors list, up there with C.S. Lewis and John Flanagan. Harry Potter was more than just an exciting story, although it was that as well - it was a series of lessons and a study of human nature, a study of what makes someone human. Even though it was full of fantasies and unreal magics, those seven books revealed realities of life - realities of loss, of betrayal, and yet also realities of endurance and forviging love. It teaches us to love those we once hated - as in the case of Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape - and see things as the fantastic things they are.

Even though many people see magic as an ordinary everyday tool, youger Harry and the readers see it as the beautiful wonder it is - and normal life is the same way. Things like the sun, grass, clouds, water - like magic, they can be considered wonders even though they are commonplace and normal.

Harry will never die, even if his story ends. He will live on in our memories, and his lessons will pass through generations to come.

Thanks, J.K. Rowling, for the blessing of your writing.




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 1262
Reviews: 13

Donate
Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:32 am
Shinrai wrote a review...



This video was amazing I've had a YouTube account and only have about 20 videos favorited but this one makes it onto that list I don't know how I missed it :D its to good to miss guess what I'm watching for the rest of the night haha




User avatar
102 Reviews


Points: 1260
Reviews: 102

Donate
Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 am
LiesOnLies says...



Harry Potter is dead..move on




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 5041
Reviews: 21

Donate
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm
skl02134 wrote a review...



Awh :) It's a fantastic tribute, and without a doubt one that reflects the feeling of every Harry Potter fan (myself included!) It truly is the end of an era, but it will effect those of our generation for a long time!





When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio