z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Tomorrow's dream

by anotherDREAMERlives


Yesterday's dream was today and that has come true,

Today's dream is tomorrow which hasn't happened yet, 

Tomorrow's dream is YOU. 

Tomorrow's dream is to see you happy , not upset

So if  yesterday's dream is today and today's tomorrow, they all wait for you. 

Each day waits for you.

They want you to be happy to be yourself 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 319
Reviews: 40

Donate
Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm
MeAndMyThoughts wrote a review...



Hello. Doing my first review. I will try to be as much true, but I am myself not a mature writer.

Yeah, as others said, the poem is too optimistic. And it's good as it tell us to be happy, and only then we can be ourselves. But it would be great if you had given a gloomy starting, showing that if we are sad and heart-broken, then it's not the true side of ours. And also, the use of same words without much distance in the same poem makes it boring. But it was short and inspirational, and good. Hope to read more from you.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi there, anotherDREAMERlives! Niteowl here to review this poem.

Overall, it's an interesting concept. The idea of every day being a dream, a world where you can shape your own future and achieve happiness, is a powerful one.

However, I feel like the treatment of the idea in this poem was a little simplistic. It kind of feels like the speaker is just telling us to wake up and magically be happy tomorrow, which feels unrealistic. In reality, people who are unhappy probably have a lot of reasons for feeling that way, some of which they have no control over. In my opinion, a stronger statement of this idea would acknowledge those factors while still encouraging people to persevere and work towards achieving their dreams tomorrow.

Also, instead of simply repeating the word dream over and over, you could use the imagery of dreams to strengthen your message. Dreams are surreal, familiar yet strange. Sometimes we gain lucidity in dreams and get the power to create our own worlds. Sometimes we get powerful messages in dreams. There's a lot of potential in playing with what dreams are literally and applying that to our figurative dreams.

On a more minor note, there's some weird spacing in a couple places, so I might fix that. Also, I strongly caution against using all caps in poetry, as it feels more like shouting than anything powerful.

Overall, I think the intention of this piece is good, but it could use more nuance and stronger imagery. Keep writing! :D




User avatar


Points: 84
Reviews: 4

Donate
Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:41 am
Jolley10101 says...



Hi, Jolley10101 revising your poem. I loved the way you made the dream not a persons dream or the speakers dream, but the days dream, it interests the reader into a deeper level. The problem is it is a little short try to expand.
Overall, it was great!




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 1343
Reviews: 56

Donate
Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:33 am
dystopianmonkey01 wrote a review...



Hi, Tiana reviewing your poem.

Now I liked how motivational it is but I think in the essence of a poem, it sounds a bit too happy.
You've gotta be careful of using motivational overkill. I can see, here, that this is supposed to be like a Martin Luther King kind of 'speech' even, but to format it in a poem is a bit strange.

Reading it was a bit cheesy, but your message was there, clear as day, and in spite of this, it is a tad boring. Use metaphors, personification, oxymorons, and just poetic techniques if you'd like to continue to call this poetry.

Overall, very motivational, except not really a poem.

- Tiana :)




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 52
Reviews: 14

Donate
Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 pm
Fabis101 says...



Cute poem with a positive message. Today everyone likes to focus on being negative, but I always appreciate an upbeat poem. It's a nice poem to send out into the world. I hope you continue to write more. Good job!




User avatar
200 Reviews


Points: 60
Reviews: 200

Donate
Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:27 pm
kman134 wrote a review...



Hi. this is kman134. i'm here with a review.

this was pretty good. it's short, yet very insightful. it points out an individual's future and it would make one happy, instead of the collective hold on the future of a group. while i do support individualism, but as a utilitarian, i do support the future of the greater utility and the consequences that unfold from our rational progress and our strife. however, that's just my personal views.

the emotional undertone of it was, however, a little childish and optimistic for my taste, but it was still good with the writing, except for the word "yesterday" where the y isn't capitalized.

anyways, i like the poem. i hope you write more.





See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451