z

Young Writers Society



School, School, School

by amber lee


I will awake in the hour, to get up and take a shower.
walk to the bus, and read,
letting my ears hear nothing but noise,
But my brain not regestering it,
untill i get to the crowded place they call school.
Where i will walk, to class from class.
And be jostled and trampled all day long
in the crowded place they call school.
Untill a bell, registered in my brain, as an angel's song.
and to the noisy buses for the long ride home
where i will eat, do my home work and sleep.
What it's time to wake up
so i get up and take a shower
walk to the bus, and read,
letting my ears hear nothing but noise,
But my brain not regestering it,
untill i get to the crowded place they call school.
Where i will walk, to class from class.
And be jostled and trampled all day long
in the crowded place they call school.
Untill a bell, registered in my brain, as an angel's song.
and to the noisy buses for the long ride home
when i relize i will repeat the same, on the morrow


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:25 pm
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Hey!! Forever here with a tiny review!!

Hm... School pain. Literally, a lot of problems in the school. I really like how you described the pain in quite a funny way. You could have put it in humorous genre, I think. Also, realistic too wouldn't be a bad suit. Now with the capitalization. I wonder why you didn't capitalize the 'i's. Is it just a hint that your brain is not working properly due to the stress of school? That could be an interpretation of it. I really like the repetition. It did a good job emphasizing the fact that students have to go to school everyday and face the same problems a thousand if not more in lifetime. And wow, that scene of entering the classes. i know the feeling! And bus catching is an all time problem. Overall, this was quite a great piece of work. School school school. The title was... We often speak about the school like that.

Image




User avatar
516 Reviews


Points: 4890
Reviews: 516

Donate
Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am
Riedawriter23 wrote a review...



This was a good start with the rhyming but I really think that if you start it out that way then it should continue. You also need to put your lines in order so your poem doesn't read like a paragraph because without those separated lines your poem didn't flow very well. Also, Clicky got you on spelling, but try to refrain from using i, instead of I, and use a lot more punctuation throughout the whole thing. Then as soon as you clarify the just of your sentences and use stronger words to make your readers stay interested this could make a good poem.

Keep at it!
-Rieda




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:12 am
DoctorClicky wrote a review...



I like it alot. I think it really conveys that you obviously don't like repeatedly going to school. :P I like school though, hehe. :)

Just a few spelling errors:

* (last line) relize = realize
* trample = trampled ?
* do your home ... i assume you meant do your homework?

"Untill a bell, registered in my brain, as an angel's song." <--- somethings bothering me, about this sentence, just can't figure out what... lol

I REALLY LIKE YOUR POEM THOUGH, YOU DID A GOOD JOB!! :)





'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy