Home » Literary works » Art » Humor

What was I smoking :o

by adultpoeter

Soul of a silk, saluted me in a raging rascalous road

I was tripping, so was she. We played for awhile tic tac toe.

I lost a hand and offered her a talking toad.

But she couldn’t accept it, she didn’t have a toe.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:14 am
Amore wrote a review...

I am not really certain of the message this poem intends to convey, but upon rereading and reanalyzing it a few times, I felt like I somehow made sense of it. However, I am still unsure if my analysis hits the mark.

On an arduous yet not too serious journey, which may be any kind of journey under the sun such as the journey of life or an instance that may either be wondrous or horrid, you found a chance at comfort, happiness, or luxury. You attempted to obtain it, but you struggled because that chance seemingly got away whenever you almost had it till you eventually lost it, but in the end, it was unable to escape from you, but you were also unable to successfully capture it. Or does not having a toe symbolize imperfection? A foot is supposed to have 5 toes after all. You saw the imperfection of that which you desired or something, so you stopped chasing it, but you've gone too far that a step back wouldn't change anything.

I still do not know what "talking toad" stands for. Is it the one in fairy tales? The one that transforms into a prince? Or is it the toad that symbolizes wealth (like in Chinese culture)? You lost your wealth and luck just to chase that soul of silk? Till something happened to it that you no longer had the chance to get it (and sacrifice more resources for it), but it left a shadow on your mind, leading to the status quo (the draw).

Bruuuuh I need answers fast lmao. My speculations are uuugh. Thanks for the poem btw. It is very creative and thought-provoking... almost like a riddle.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 pm
AbduBinSaj8 wrote a review...

The poem is very short yet very powerful.
This is indeed a shining example of creativity. And I'm not exaggerating my statement in any way.

It is packed with loads of imagination, no doubt. And it's very interesting, despite being unexplainable.
(Or is it that I'm the one who's being unable to understand any hidden meanings behind it?)

That's a whole 10/10 for you.
(You'll have to excuse my habiy of rating with numbers.)

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:18 pm

I mean, this is really creative. Its refreshing, in a way. It's not something you see every day, and the odd descriptions make it interesting to read. It reminds me of a dream. Unexplainable, but captivating. Good job, this was very interesting!

Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:38 pm
AbduBinSaj8 says...

Don't know what you were smoking, but it surely brought some juicy poetry out of you. Although it seems like some random images to me, I believe these lines have a deeper meaning hidden inside them.
In any case, I like it 👍

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson