z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Discover Quantum Computing !!

by ackharsha


The human race has indeed gone far with technology. From the age when man still used wooden and stone tools to a powerful era of silicon. Today’s digital computers is generally believed to be the most efficient universal computing device.But the massive amount of processing power generated by computer manufacturers has not yet been able to quench our thirst for speed and computing capacity. Will we ever have the amount of computing power we need or want? Moore's Law states that the number of transistors on a microprocessor continues to double every 18 months. This means that we will find the circuits on a microprocessor measured on an atomic scale. And the logical next step will be to create quantum computers.

Quantum Computing is the art of using all the possibilities that the laws of quantum mechanics give us to solve computational problems. Conventional, or "Classical" computers only use a small subset of these possibilities.Quantum computing is a topic of intensive research which is expected to revolutionise everything from cellular communications and navigation to sensors and imaging.Governments around the world are competing with each other in a bid to gain first lead advantage in this up-and-coming field.

Now let us have an insight into the subject. Quantum computers have the power to be exponentially more powerful than today's regular computers.Quantum processors, on the other hand, are made of qbits, which can be a '1', '0' or both at the same time - a state known as 'superposition'. Digital computers use circuits either on or off, represented by a one or a zero in binary code. By sending information from programs that turn those circuits on and off, problems can be solved. But it can be a slow process.Quantum computers, by contrast, break the laws of Newtonian physics by tapping into the science of quantum physics. In quantum physics, objects can exist in multiple states at the same time when you get down to the molecular level.

What can quantum computers do that ordinary computers can’t? A quantum computer can do better factorisation than an ordinary computer i e finding two unknown prime numbers that, when multiplied together, give a third, known number.If quantum computers could indeed factor large numbers quickly, today's online security could be rendered obsolete at a stroke.The capabilities of Quantum computing are not only confined to this.They have the potential to change the world.These computational models will help determine how diseases develop.This can help to detect dangerous diseases like cancer at an early stage.Google is using a quantum computer to design software that can run self-drivenautomobiles. It can help to develop more effective drugs by mapping amino acids,for example analyzing DNA-sequencing data, doctors will discover and design superior drug-based treatments.

Although we know in theory what a quantum computer could look like,we have been facing innumerable difficulties in it’s practical realisation.But according to the recent news update on 5th August 2016,Researchers have built the first quantum computer that can be programmed and reprogrammed just like a regular computer.

This latest device is only made from five atoms, but it's a huge step towards building scalable, functioning quantum computers that could change the way we process data forever.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 24
Reviews: 35

Donate
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:58 am
MrMuddyPig wrote a review...



Sup


I'm Just Going to Copy/Paste Some sentences, correct them and ask some questions.


1.From the age when man still used wooden and stone tools to a powerful era of silicon.

Using POWERFUL isn't the best word to use when You'r talking about time, I guess you could have simply putted POWERFUL and NEW or some other synonym to NEW.

2.Moore's Law states that the number of transistors on a microprocessor continues to double every 18 months.

Wow, I just rented a book about Moore's Law, lucky Me. I exepcted you to put theres two BILLION microprocessors in some computers, but I guess numbers are just not Your game; you seem to focus more on science.


3.Quantum computing is a topic of intensive research which is expected to revolutionise everything from cellular communications and navigation to sensors and imaging.

I just Noticed That You had just wrote a successful transition to the main Plot. Good Job.

Anyway, I Hope I've helped.

-Mr. Muddy Pig

Enjoy your new 'Facebook account'




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 39
Reviews: 17

Donate
Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:58 pm
Hikarufire64 wrote a review...



Hey, Hikaru here with some advice and compliments for this scientific piece of work.

First thing ive got to say is Wow talk about staying on point, you kept what this essay on Quantum Computers from start to finish, it even kinda urked me a bit about how you start a paragraph or sentance with the haunting words "Quantum Computer" and then explained all of its benifits towards humans.

You didnt just stay on point, you Made QC the point of this essay making sure the reader didn't forget ehat they were reading about. This essay could really start a pure conversation for some really technical nerdy guys who are looking for something to start a discussion about and you should show this to a few if you havent already just to see what they would really say about it.

Strict on the main reason this essay is about is a really neat thing that interests me the most about thid essay but this is just me saying it but maybe you could've gone a little light on using Quantum Computer in almost every sentence. Id say just remove about two from a paragraph that you yourself can say that it isnt necessary in because like i said before it just urked me a bit.

But keep writing those essays, this one really how dedicated you can be to a topic!



Random avatar
ackharsha says...


Thanks!




"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov