We Will Walk You

by Mathy

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:50 am
Juleza says...

lol it is very interesting, but I do like it. I am sorry that he was taken away from u, it is not fair at all. But I also like how u used we will rock you lol, a song I never get tired of. short but fun as a little tune in my opinion.

Cook9285 says...

Hey Zelda, this si so cool! I'm sorry your pup got taken away, I know how that feels and I thought it was really cool that you put this to 'we will rock you'.

Mathy says...

Thank you! I forgot to put that it was a parody of "We Will Walk You".

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:31 am
rosette wrote a review...

Hi Zelda!
Aw, that's sad your dog was taken from you, but I do like how you made this... song? very lighthearted and fun. It was short and sweet, and read very easily.

I'm not sure if you did this just for fun, but alright, I'll review this seriously. The last line for the first verse read a little awkwardly, and seemed to throw off the pace a bit. It was lengthy. But one reason why I find it hard to review lyrics is because this isn't poetry, and reading something that looks really awkward could be sung completely differently than how you pictured, and end up sounding amazing. So I can't be too nit-picky now, can I? ;P

I don't understand why (Luca) was inserted between the two paragraphs. Maybe I'm missing something, but I had no idea why it was there. Was it supposed to be like a little whisper or something before you began the chorus? Oh, I don't know. The other words in parentheses look as if they're supposed to be noises as well, so I'm guessing (Luca) is following that pattern.

Like I said before, this was short. Very short. There's a dog named Luca trying to tear down the street and we will, we will walk you. The End. I was kind of hoping for more, like a second verse, because I thought this ended rather abruptly. It was short and cute, but you didn't give us much essence or meaning to it. Maybe you didn't want to. It does go along nicely, but... I still thought there needed to be a little more.

With those final thoughts, I'll leave you there.
Have a great day, and keep up your writing!
:D

Mathy says...

rosette says...

Oh! I'm sorry xD but is that a song or something?

kostia wrote a review...

Hello there, I m Kostia and I will give you a brief review for your poem/lyrics.
First of all I m not quite sure what kind of feelings you wanted to capture here but it seems to me as a happy poem, almost childlike it reminds me of some kind of song for little children (Which isn't bad clearly). I happen to love dogs and I have one myself so I can relate to the cheerful tone and I feel like you captured the excitement of a dog who wants to go out for a walk very precisely.
It is humorous and fun to read I don't have anything more to note, clearly you didn't intend to write something serious and deep and for what you wanted to achieve here I think you did just fine.
Cheers

Mathy says...

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown