Forgiveness

by Mathy

Forgiveness is like a virus;

once you are forgiven,

you can't get it again.

DeerInBacPac wrote a review...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020

Well, this being a very short poem this will not be a very long review and there were not grammar or spelling mistakes, as expected. It flowed well too and my favorite line would have to be "Forgiveness is like a virus;". It really bugs me, this line, considering how many people I have forgiven then they go and hurt me again, like I was nothing to them.

Now is when I dissect your poem and see if I can't get its meaning right! So, in your poem you are telling us, the reader, that forgiveness is hard to come by and you can't forgive a person or have a person forgive you and then go and back stab them like that person was only a simple clinch in you grand scheme of things. You can't do that. You can't. This has happened to me more then I can count and I hated it every time. And each time it was always from a former close friend. The same friend over and over.

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! Happy Halloween! I really need to go now Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

Mathy says...

Thanks for the review! You were very close to the meaning. The meaning is that once you have been fully forgiven by someone, they will not forgive you if you do it again.

RossiRainCloud wrote a review...

I LOVE IT, ITS SHORT AND FUZZY, hahaha I am joking, hi this is Golden Arrow coming for a review, I do love your poem because I like how its one of thoughs poems that are short and sweet, great job! awesome poem and their is nothing you have to improve about it, it is honestly, pretty awesome, so keep up the great writing!

Mathy says...

Thank You!

shore thing :D

CharlotteS says...

So I liked this poem. I think it didn't quite reach it's full potential though. It's length is fine and doesn't bother me but it's hard to read it as a poem. What is the story behind this? Why do you say you cannot get forgiveness again? I feel there should be more detail, a back ground story to the poem if you will. Of course this is only opinion. I tend to go on for quite a bit when writing so it surprises me when someone writes a short piece. But that's just me. I enjoyed reading this and hope to read more of your writing in the future.

CharlotteS wrote a review...

Mathy says...

Mathy says...

CharlotteS says...

Sorry, this review posts twice for some reason....woops%u263A

Mathy says...

Okay...

Rosella wrote a review...

Hi Zelda! Rose here with a small review.

This poem is short, and the length doesn't bother me too much, but I feel like you had a lot of opportunities to make this a wonderful poem and it was kind of passed up. This poem was overly simple. It seemed like a simple statement that didn't express any feelings. In the first line, I see how you were trying to compare forgiveness like a virus, but the following 2 lines do not flow with the metaphor. It is hard to write a short poem and combine all the feelings and emotions you are trying to display. Word choice is key. The word choice in this poem seems very effortless in a "bad" way, which makes people not pulled in to read and enjoy it. The meaning of forgiveness can signify many things, and you can tie in forgiveness with many metaphors, and you passed those up with this poem. Those things make emotions very clear and make the poem have a deeper meaning. The flow wasn't bad but if you were going to continue with the simplicity you went with, I would suggest making it longer.

Hope this helped!

Mathy says...

Thanks! The next two lines do tie in with the first because once you get a virus, your body builds up immunity to it and you can never get that virus again. This is true because you can not be forgiven for the same mistake twice. That is what I was going for.

Rosella says...

Oh, I understand. But i guess the wording of it threw me off, haha. My mistake :)

Mathy says...

Yeah, I should have said something slightly different.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott