Prophecy's call - World-building

by Youbeaucupid

(Author's note: This- version is pretty messy, I didn't realize this one wouldn't clean up how I originally cleaned it- the original version is on my wall if you want to check the better version out!! - Cupid)

(World-building/The Kingdoms:)

Kingdom of Aerithia: This kingdom is inhabited by people with wings, known as Aerithian. They have various types of wings, ranging from feathered wings like birds to leathery wings like bats. Aerithia is known for its sprawling cities built into the sides of cliffs and mountains, with intricate networks of bridges and platforms connecting them. Their culture revolves around flight, with aerial sports and competitions being popular pastimes.

Food: Aerithian cuisine is influenced by the diverse landscapes of their kingdom. They have a variety of dishes that incorporate ingredients such as skyfruit (a type of fruit that grows high in the mountains), cloudberries, and skyfish (fish that can be found in the kingdom's rivers and lakes). They also have a unique way of preparing food using hot air currents to cook dishes at home.

Some popular dishes include:

Cloudcake: A delicate dessert made with light and fluffy clouds infused with the sweet essence of skyberries, a rare fruit that grows only at high altitudes.

Cliffhanger: A hearty meal featuring roasted mountain vegetables like crisp cliff mushrooms, golden sunroot, and savory radishes, served with a side of crispy winged potato wedges.

Cloud Nine Nectar: A refreshing beverage made with sparkling mountain spring water, infused with the essence of ethereal blossoms and a hint of celestial honey. (Yes, they do borrow the Celestial honey from Solara, but only in trade for their skyberries!)

Culture: The Aerithians have a rich cultural heritage that revolves around flight. They have elaborate aerial dance performances that tell stories from their history, as well as aerial sports such as sky racing and aerial acrobatics. They also have a strong tradition of craftsmanship, with artisanscreating intricate works of art using feathers, leather, and other materials.

Lifestyle: Life in Aerithia is centered around flight, with Aerithian using their wings to travel between cities and navigate the mountainous terrain. Their cities are built to accommodate this lifestyle, with wide streets and open squares where Aerithian can take off and land safely. The Aerithian have a strong sense of community, with families and clans forming tight-knit groups that support each other.

Kingdom of Elyria: In Elyria, people possess innate magical abilities or powers. These abilities can range from elemental manipulation to telekinesis to shapeshifting. Elyrians value knowledge and education, with academies and libraries being central to their society. They live in cities adorned with floating crystals that harness and amplify their magical energy.

Food: Elyrian cuisine reflects the diversity of its inhabitants' magical abilities and the bountiful resources of their kingdom. They have a wide array of enchanted ingredients and culinary techniques that produce dishes both delicious and mesmerizing. Some examples include:

Aquaper Soup: A magical soup simmered over a crackling fire, infused with ember essence and filled with hearty ingredients like flame-roasted root vegetables and enchanted embergrain

Shapeshifter's Bonbons : Magical bonbons that change flavor and texture with every bite, crafted from a blend of shape-shifting ingredients like chameleon chilies, illusionary mushrooms, and elusive essence fruits.

Levitating Ezamon: A refreshing beverage served in crystal glasses that hover above the table, infused with sparkling crystals that enhance its flavor and fizz. (The levitation is just for looks xD)

Culture: Elyrians have a deep reverence for magic and the pursuit of knowledge. They believe that magic is a gift to be cherished and honed, and they place great importance on education and learning. Elyrian society is organized around academies and libraries, where mages of all ages gather to study and share their knowledge. They have a rich tradition of magical arts, including spellcasting, potion brewing, and enchantment.

Lifestyle: Life in Elyria is shaped by magic, with its inhabitants using their powers in everyday tasks and activities. Telekinesis is commonly used for tasks such as cleaning, cooking, and construction, while elemental manipulation can be seen in everything from gardening to entertainment. Elyrians live in cities adorned with floating crystals that harness and amplify their magical energy, creating a dazzling display of light and color.

Kingdom of Solara: Solara is inhabited by people who are attuned to the sun and the stars. They have a deep connection to celestial bodies and possess abilities related to light, healing, and prophecy. Solarians live in golden cities adorned with intricate mosaics depicting constellations and sun motifs. Their society is governed by a council of seers who interpret the will of the heavens.

Food: Solarians have a diet rich in fruits, grains, and vegetables that thrive in the warm, sunny climate of their kingdom. They cultivate crops such as golden wheat, sun-kissed citrus fruits, and exotic tropical fruits like Sunberries and Radiant oranges. Solarian cuisine often features light and refreshing dishes, with herbs and spices that reflect the vibrant flavors of their surroundings. Some popular dishes include:

Sunburst Sorbet: A vibrant sorbet bursting with the flavors of solar fruits like sunberries, solar cherries, and radiant oranges, served in a bowl made of pure sunlight.

Golden Glow Elixir: A luminous drink crafted from golden ambrosia nectar, infused with shimmering stardust and the essence of solar flowers, said to imbue its drinker with vitality and radiance.

Solarian Oyuve Strix: A refreshing blend of tropical fruits like Skyberries, pineapple, and papaya, with a splash of coconut water for added hydration. (And, yes! Solara did get their skyberries from Aerithia in trade for celestial honey)

Culture: Solarians have a deep reverence for the sun and the stars, which permeates every aspect of their culture. They celebrate celestial events such as solstices and equinoxes with elaborate festivals, featuring music, dance, and ceremonial rituals. Art and architecture in Solara are adorned with intricate mosaics depicting constellations, sun motifs, and other celestial symbols. Solarians also have a strong tradition of storytelling, with myths and legends passed down through generations that explain the origins of the sun, moon, and stars.

Lifestyle: Life in Solara revolves around the rhythms of the sun and the stars. Solarians rise with the dawn and spend their days basking in the warm sunlight, engaging in activities such as gardening, stargazing, and meditation. They have a deep respect for nature and strive to live in harmony with their surroundings, practicing sustainable agriculture and conservation efforts to protect their lush landscapes.

Kingdom of Terranova: Terranova is home to people with an affinity for the earth and its creatures. They possess abilities such as earth manipulation, plant control, and animal communication. Terranovans live in harmony with nature, dwelling in sprawling forest cities built among the trees. They have a strong bond with the natural world and often serve as its protectors.

Food: Terranovan cuisine is rooted in the bounty of the earth, featuring a wide variety of plant-based dishes and locally sourced ingredients. Their meals are often simple yet flavorful, celebrating the natural flavors of the forest and fields. Some popular dishes include:

Earthsong Salad: A vibrant salad featuring a melody of fresh greens, earthy root vegetables, and sweet-scented flowers, dressed with a drizzle of forest dew and sprinkled with wildwood nuts.

Treefruit Tart: A decadent dessert made with layers of lush vine fruit compote, creamy forest cream, and delicate leaf biscuits, served with a garnish of sun-kissed petals and earth essence dust.

Fungi Fantasia: A feast featuring a variety of fantastical fungi dishes, from enchanted mushroom risotto to roasted pixie puffballs, each infused with the magical essence of the forest floor.

Culture: Terranovans have a deep reverence for nature and the interconnectedness of all living things. They celebrate the changing seasons and the cycles of life with festivals and ceremonies that honor the earth and its creatures. Art and music in Terranova are inspired by the natural world, with intricate carvings, paintings, and songs that reflect the beauty of the forest and its inhabitants.

Lifestyle: Life in Terranova revolves around the rhythms of nature, with Terranovans living in harmony with the land and its creatures. They build their cities among the trees, using sustainable materials and techniques to minimize their impact on the environment.Terranovans have a strong bond with the animals of the forest, often communicating with them telepathically and working together to protect their shared home.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:18 pm

Hello there, Cupid! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the spooky S’more?

Top Graham Cracker - This is a guide to the realms of your world, so that we may get more insight on what waits for the readers in the story.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I think that there should be a period after the word “embergrain”, but if you think that it’s fine, then you don’t have to do this.

Chocolate Bar - All of the Kingdoms sound wonderful in their own way! I love this guide, it feels just like a real one someone would read to explore the different realms! My favorite thing would have to be the Shapeshifter’s Bonbons from Elyria, they sound delicious!

Closing Graham Cracker - A thorough guide into the world of your story, giving out information necessary for the different kingdoms. I’ll make sure to check out the first chapter to explore this world more. Fantastic job.

I wish you a beautiful day/night! ^v^

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:01 am
Coffeewriter wrote a review...

Wow Cupid, you’ve really outdone yourself! This is actually amazing, I love this so much!! I love especially all the food descriptions-I just woke up and now I really want to try the Sunburst sorbet, Earthsong salad and the Levitating Ezamon!! They sound amazing, honestly. It’s insane how you came up with all the unique realms, societies, cultures and lifestyles!! (Woow I really need to edit my world building document)… :D I think this is my favourite work that I’ve read on here! My favourite realm has to be Elyria though-how cool would it be to have powers!! I’ve always wanted powers it’s so cooooll! I love reading, writing and even studying at times too!. I love organising stuff too! It’s the perfect place for me and sounds magical! What realm would you live in if you could(is it Aerithia)?Overall, I rate this a solid: ♾️/♾️

Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:43 am
avianwings47 says...

AHHH I love fantasy world-building. You really have this one thought through, Cupid! :D Also I love the Kingdom of Aerithia. I want to live there. I am veryyyyy partial to winged characters. Pretty much 90% of my stories revolve around characters with wings. (I just haven't posted any...heh.) Also, you have such creative names for the Kingdoms and I love love love it! I hope I get to read the story/ novel within this universe soon!!! :smt051 <<< me as an Aetherian.

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda