z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Legend of Ikor, Chapter 3, The Dragon

by yosh


Ikor and Kelio returned to the city with the stolen gold, and the king greeted them by rewarding each of them 1 gold coin.

"We bring back a whole bag of gold and he rewards us 1 coin each. That's how he becomes so rich, I guess." Kelio whispered to Ikor.

The king then asked them to go on another quest, "You see, my young daughter has been taken. And I have reason to believe she was stolen by a dragon."

"Why do you think she was stolen by a dragon?" asked Ikor.

"I don't know," shrugged the King, "Dragons usually steal princesses, right?"

"He's not wrong," muttered Kelio.

"You must go to the Dragon's Nest in the southern mountains to find her. My young daughter was most likely stolen by the dragon, and now needs to be saved. Can you two do that for me?" the king asked hopefully.

"Never in my li-" started Kelio.

"Of COURSE!" said Ikor, elbowing Kelio to the side, "We ARE heroes. Saving a princess is our duty."

"Thank you!" said the King, "I will reward each of you with 2 gold coins in you find her!"

"Farewell!" said Ikor as he rode off, practically dragging Kelio off into the mountains on their horses.

When they reached the Dragon's Nest, a huge cave on a cliff, Kelio began to lay out his plan: "I have a extremely, Glorious plan. We will dress up as..."

“Wait, wait ... Kelio, it's my turn to make the plan. It's simple. When we get into the cave, you do whatever you can to lure that dragon out,” said Ikor. “I will then sneak in, and take the princess, and then we will leave as fast as we can. By that time you should have already defeated the dragon,” said Ikor.

“I don’t think I can fully defeat a dragon by myself yet, but I can try,” replied Kelio.

"What! I thought you were the strongest dragonslayer! That was the only reason why I agreed to this quest!"

"Well, precisely speaking, I am strongest of wizards, most Ruthless of Dragonslayers."

"AAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Kelio then walked in, and Ikor hid behind a rock, seething. The dragon was sleeping in front of the doorway inside. It’s pitch black scales glittered in the sunlight, and billowing smoke emanated from it’s wide nostrils. A row of horrendous, shining, jagged teeth showed in the dragon’s gaping, yawning mouth.

Kelio sang and spun as he danced around.

"What are you doing?" asked Ikor.

"Lure the dragon, of course," replied Kelio.

The dragon began to stir. Then it woke up.

“Who dares to disturb my sleep!” the dragon boomed, although he still wobbled around from drowsiness.

“I do!” cried Kelio as he began to back away. Kelio backed away enough so that Ikor could sneak in. Ikor slowly crept through the cave, intently watching the dragon as it stomped right over to Kelio. However, because he didn’t look to see what was in front of him, he stepped on a watermelon peel and . . . SLIP!

“YEAOWCH!” cried Ikor as he flew down to the floor, his armor clanging on the floor of the cave.

The dragon spun his head around and said to Ikor, “Who are you!”

“We are heroes! We are here to save the princess of S’kar!” proclaimed Ikor, "Who are YOU? And more importantly, WHY was there a WATERMELON PEEL on the FLOOR! SOMEONE DIDN'T CLEAN UP AFTER EATING!"

The dragon looked properly chastised and looked down guiltily. After a moment, the dragon suddenly jumped up and leaped in front of Ikor.

“Finally!” cried the dragon, “Someone is here to SAVE ME!!!!!, thank you, thank you!"

"S-save you?" said Ikor with caution.

"Yes! Save me!" cried the immense black dragon, "By the way, my name is Droogan.”

“Hello, Droogan,” said Ikor, “But we have come to save the princess.”

“I know, you have come to save me! This spoiled princess is a NIGHTMARE! Last night she wanted to drink fresh milk, so I had to go all the way to the VALLEY to fetch a cow. This morning, she wanted grapes for breakfast, so I had to fly miles to find grapes for her. Then for the lunch, said she didn’t want grapes, so I needed to get a WATERMELON. Oh, that’s why there’s a watermelon peel in a dragon cave if you were wondering. Anyways, FINALLY some heroes can come to take this princess away,” cried Droogan.

"Why did you take the princess at the first place?"asked Ikor.

"Family tradition," said Droogan, "My grandfather took princess. My father took princess. Everyone in my family took princess."

“Why can’t you just set the princess free?” asked Kelio.

“Family tradition. I can’t just give her away! Someone has to defeat me to take the princess!” cried Droogan, “My grandfather was defeated by a hero. My father was defeated by a hero. I can't let the princess go without being defeated.”

“Haven’t other heroes come to take her away?” asked Kelio.

Droogan chuckled darkly, “Well, all the heroes that attacked me were just stupid. They either tripped on my foot, or their own, for that matter, or slipped on a fruit.”

Kelio coughed repeatedly and glanced at Ikor.

“We must defeat you?” asked Ikor quickly changing the subject.

“Yeah!” cried Droogan excitedly.

“Okay, I will attack him, while you look for the princess,” said Kelio.

“Fight me, horrendous slayer of knights, terrible stealer of maidens, cruel breather of fire, and hideous warlock of devilry, DROOGAN. I WILL DEFEAT YOU!” yelled Kelio as he began to attack.

"Again with the adjectives," muttered Ikor as he walked deeper into the cave.

Norkane Skelyn!” he cried as a fireball burst through his Staff. It didn’t even dent Droogan.

“Um, something’s not right,” said Droogan.

Norkane Skelyn!” cried Kelio a second time, a larger fireball burst out and did nothing to Droogan.

“Use a different move,” suggested Droogan.

Kelio screamed spells over and over as loud as an angry banshee. A series of burning fireballs, giant fireballs, scary fireballs, double fireballs, triple fireballs, and fireball showers burst out from his staff and nothing happened to Droogan.

“I believe you only succeeded in bursting my ears into substantial pieces from your horrendous yelling,” said Droogan, “Do you think you could use something that is not fire magic?”

Kelio smiled sheepishly.

Droogan sighed, “I am immune to fire magic.”

“IIIIIKKKKOOOOOOORRR!” cried Kelio.

Ikor came running, “What’s the matter?”

“I can’t harm Droogan!”

“But you’re the wizard. Wizards are supposed to destroy dragons!”

“Yeah, but my magic doesn’t work on him! He's immune to fire and I only know fire magic!”

“What do you think I can do! My sword will work much less than your magic!”

“Good point.”

“Let me think of something,” said Ikor as he paced around the cave.

“Aha!” cried Ikor as he rummaged through the bag.

“Huh?” said Kelio, confused. Ikor then pulled out a . . . Potato?

“What?” exclaimed Kelio.

“It’s a rotten potato!” said Ikor.

“What’s that gonna do except give us diarrhea!?” said Kelio.

“Good heavens, what WOULD WE DO WITH A POISONOUS POTATO WHEN FIGHTING A DRAGON? We feed it to the dragon!” cried Ikor.

“OOOoooooh,” said Kelio.

They walked up to Droogan, with Ikor holding the rotten potato in one hand, and sword in the other.

“Ooh, I heard the plan!” cried Droogan, “It's disgusting!” However, Ikor thought that Droogan seemed pleased by by the fact that it was disgusting.

“Eat it!” said Kelio.

“OOOOkay!” he cried. Droogan ate the potato, chewed for a moment, swallowed, and just sat there for a moment. Then, he threw up the entire poisonous potato (plus a lot of grapes, and watermelon).“Um, let’s just say that I was defeated because I got really tired,” he said.

“Well then, let’s go find that princess,” said Ikor.

They walked through many corridors, many doors, and many doorways. They finally found the princess sitting in a chair, eating some watermelon.

“We have come to save you!” said Ikor.

The princess just stared at him blankly and said bluntly, “You’re ugly.”

“Oooh, let me take a look at the wizard behind you!” she said.

Kelio, then walked forward.

“Ewwww, you’re ugly too!”

“I will not be offended.”

“I am NOT going to go with two ugly guys! A beautiful princess has to be saved by a handsome knight.”

After returning to Droogan, they explained their current predicament.

“That sounds bad,” said Droogan, “Maybe you need a new haircut.”

“Come on, Droogan, what do we do!” said Kelio.

“Well, there’s a village down in the valley called Keeva. There are a lot of handsome boys there!”

“Oh yeah! Then I could just go down and knight them!” cried Ikor, “Since I am a lord and whatnot."

“But you are the lord of Dark Forest, but not this village of Keeva. We would have to defeat the lord to take control of the village,” said Kelio.

“Then we will take control of the village!” cried Ikor.

When they finally reached the bottom, they got off the horses and charged into the village and . . . they found that this village had no lord.

So they cut the biggest tree in the village.

“We have taken over the lord of this village!” cried Ikor.

Everyone just stared at him blankly, and walked away, except for the local medicine woman who was stomping around saying “Good riddance."

Ikor went to one of the village boys and knighted him. Then they bought (stole) him a horse and rode back up the mountain. Droogan waved to them as they passed by.

“Is that a dragon, shouldn’t we defeat him?” asked the boy.

“No, we already defeated him,” replied Ikor.

“But why isn’t he dead?”

“You don’t have to be dead to be defeated,” said Kelio.

"But don't knights have to kill dragons?"

"He's a nice dragon."

"Cool! Can I ride him?"

"Absolutely not!" thundered Droogan's voice a few caves back, "Any dragon with a shred of self-esteem would never let a human ride on their back!"

"Aw man," said the boy.

When they arrived at the princess’s room, she took one look at the boy and said, “Wow! He’s so handsome! I’m leaving!!!”.

This was how the great duo of: Lord Ikor, the protector of Dark Forest and the town with the same name and three nearby villages and one river and two lakes plus the village of Keeva; and Kelio, the master of the inferno (Which is shortened to Kelio's dislike), defeated the great dragon, Droogan, and saved a princess!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 112

Donate
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 pm
SpunkyMonkey wrote a review...



Hi! Spunky here to review!

Grows:

practically dragging Kelio off into the mountains on their horses.

I get what you were trying to say, but how would he be dragging Kelio if they were on their horses? Try to rephrase this sentence.

"I have a extremely, Glorious plan. We will dress up as..."

Two things, "a" should be "an" and "Glorious", shouldn't be capitalized.

“Finally!” cried the dragon, “Someone is here to SAVE ME!!!!!, thank you, thank you!"

No comma is needed after the exclamation marks, and the first "thank" should be uppercase.

"My grandfather took princess. My father took princess. Everyone in my family took princess."

It should be, "My grandfather took a princess." or "My grandfather took the princess." etc.

“Wow! He’s so handsome! I’m leaving!!!”.

The period is not needed.

Glows:

Oh. My. Goodness. That was SO hilarious!!!

“I am NOT going to go with two ugly guys! A beautiful princess has to be saved by a handsome knight.”

XDDD. She was captured by a dragon and won't let them rescue her!

I really enjoyed this it was full of humor, and completely ridiculous. Well done!

Bye! Have a lovely day!




User avatar
166 Reviews


Points: 9676
Reviews: 166

Donate
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:10 pm
DreamyAlice wrote a review...



Hey Yoshikrab Alice here to review the third and the most fun chapter of the legend of Ikor.

(Laughing) XD
This is the only thing I can say about this chapter it was so funny that I was laughing all the time while I was reading their conversations with the dragon. I mean how can a scene where the knights are going to kill the great black dragon can be so humorous.

“I am NOT going to go with two ugly guys! A beautiful princess has to be saved by a handsome knight.”


I mean how can this princess be this stupid she is in the dragons cave and she wants a handsome knight to save her.

"Absolutely not!" thundered Droogan's voice a few caves back, "Any dragon with a shred of self-esteem would never let a human ride on their back!"


This dragon is so funny he can eat a rotten potato this won't shred his self-esteem but he can't let a human ride his back.

~~~~~~~~
Suggestions
~~~~~~~~

"I don't know," shrugged the King, "Dragons usually steal princesses, right?



Hope you could have mentioned why the dragons steal princesses or any history of them or something like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please continue writing it!
I am longing for such light hearted stories

Bye!!!





Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia