Lies

by yoshi

Lies

they wrap around your tongue

in a way that makes you

unable to find the rung

that the ladder leads up to

Lies

once you say it

you can't stop it

it stays there

never leaving

Lies

can't stop, please stop

you want to be honest

but you keep on

lying

MC wrote a review...

This is a really good poem! And I like it a lot!
It's short and sweet and is very simple to understand.
You don't need a bulletin board and string pointing to bits of evidence just to understand it.
The Imagery used in its is also very well done. I like how the poem gets more and more intense the more you read it.
Overall I enjoyed this poem a lot. And is very close to people who fall for it's trap.
Hope you have a good day!

yoshi says...

Thank you for the review!

nightshadows wrote a review...

Hi! This is nightshadows bring a new comment live to a theater near you! Ok, so enough of my weirdness here are my thoughts:

oh my gosh!!! YES!!! Ok I think every single human gets what you have illustrated here in your poem, lies. I completely get it. A small, white lie can turn into a apocalyptic condition. You try and keep another's or even your secret and a lie spits out that just turn into a spiral of unfortunate events. And i love when you say,

Lies

can't stop, please stop

you want to be honest

but you keep on

lying

Because when I read this I look back on lies I have told and i just want to get rid of them, to completely forget about them as if I had never spit them out in the first place. But usually those aren't as lucky as they wish. And in order to keep that lie a secret you throw more lies into the contention hoping it would solve the problem. And you can't stop because once you have gone too far and tell the truth, the world could almost crumble onto you. Great job!! This poem really hit home!

yoshi says...

Thank you for the review!

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni