z

Young Writers Society



A Prologue to One o' Them War Stories

by Torpid


The aged and old man sat there, gazing out over the forested green hills before him, sighing deeply. The wind carried a slight chill so he hugged his weathered leather jacket close. Feeling restless, he stood up, cane in hand, and started off down the grassy hill, as fast as his out-of-date cyborg leg would allow.

At the bottom of the hill, the man disappeared into the thick woodlands. Oh what memories this land brought him! Old memories from what seemed like a different life, wonderful times and horrible ones. He felt free in this forest.

Making his way down a small trail, he felt his matallic leg beginning to clog so he stopped, finding a fallen tree trunk that looked well suited for sitting, he rested a while. As he sat there, he allowed his mind to wander, far back into things that seemd so incredibly long ago, when he was just a young, brave, soldier.

For the first time in a long while, he fully remembered...

Tell me if you want more


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
139 Reviews


Points: 990
Reviews: 139

Donate
Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:11 pm
Torpid says...



Thank you, i look forward to reading yours
~Torpid




User avatar
220 Reviews


Points: 1478
Reviews: 220

Donate
Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:37 pm
Sleeping Valor says...



>.< How can I tell you if i want more when I don't know what to expect more of?!
More please. :D You do some nice work.





Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality