The Sims Fanfiction

by TommyZ

The sun was shining high over Sim City, the battle at the Travel Agency well under way. The Sims had been fighting so long, they could hardly remember why. But Lucy knew why, and she knew why the battle must be stopped. Hand in hand, she and Nick ran toward General Anthony, who was sitting on his horse, surveying the fighters.

“Flargus nar!” Lucy cried as she and Nick approached Anthony. “Bakus floo kooba, de?” Nick turned to her, confused. Why had she lied to him about the mysterious woman in the window, and yet told this man, practically a stranger?

The general looked down at Lucy as well, surprised. “Gur kooba sa freddy? Dorbus!” It couldn’t be, surely. He knew what was going on in and outside of the battle, he was always so very sure of everything. Why should now be any different?

Lucy replied gently, “Bu derdus glor flom.”

Anthony turned away from the pair and stared across the battlefield, the reality of what he was doing sinking in. “Bakus plumfa neer. Doe.”

Nick felt the same way as the general. He turned to Lucy, for the first time recognizing what a beautiful, independent woman she was, and cupped her face in his hands, speaking gently to her. “Gur forze de flur narba.” He saw tears spring into Lucy’s eyes, and knew he’d said exactly the right thing.

The general looked on with a growing compassion, reminded of that woman, and their own story, twisted and beautiful in its way. He spoke from his heart. “Sur. Barba doozle ka flida bun. Gurtru gu eeda mar.” He couldn’t let this torment go on any longer. The two loved each other, it was clear as day.

Lucy turned away from Nick and toward Anthony, now grinning from ear to ear. “Wada?! Ga, fooda de bakus forp! Dana!”

The general nodded. It had to be done. He turned to his troops and shouted, “NORR! BADDA DEE NORP!”

The troops let out a simultaneous yell of, “MARDA!”

Lucy knew she would remember that one word for the rest of her life. And Nick knew the secret that Lucy had shared with he and the general would remain with him forever. The battle, in both the pair’s love and in Sim City, had ended, not with violence, but with the power of words, and the power of love.

THE END

Okay. I have played Sims, and I understood what these characters are saying just as much as I do the Sims in game, not at all, but that just plays to the humor. Very good. I haven't found any errors in this. I find it funny that you say "with the power of words..." at the end. Claps for you.

TommyZ says...

Hi from a year in the future. After a year of mediation I'm back, and I didn't want to reply because that seems kind of rude to bother you but this is so nice, I had to thank you. So thank you. I was worried it would be too much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It took me forever to think of "with the power of words", haha.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:26 pm
hollyhuez says...

oH MY GOD, I Laughed SO hard at this. You had like a perfect love story and then bam, sim language cx

TommyZ says...

Hello from a year and a quarter in the future. I have finally made my way back to writing and I had to reply to such a nice mini-review. Thank you so much. If only it had been enough to win the contest hahaha

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 pm
meetmisery says...

This was so strange that I had to read it about three times over to understand what was going on. I laughed when you started using Simlish instead of English or any other language that is used on Earth. Your story made a laughing tear come to my eye. I loved the satire here. Good job! You're lovely!

TommyZ says...

I told myself not to reply over a year later, but here I am. Thanks thanks thanks for the positive person-speak. You're lovely too!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am
Flightless wrote a review...

Unlike previous reviews, I think it's hilarious that the Sims aren't talking "English." In the games the Sims don't talk, so why should they in stories? It's comedic and it makes me snicker, seeing that they talk gibberish but in their world mean something totally serious. I think it's funny and light. Let the power of words (and love) live on! Good job :)

TommyZ says...

Thank you so much *blows a kiss* I love your snazzy-avvie, by the way!

Flightless says...

*catches kiss, blushing* Why, thank you.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:41 am
KatGirl wrote a review...

Uhmm, honestly, I have no idea if you are being sarcastic or not. It's seems half sarcastic and half real when they actually speak in English. While I'm on that topic-people are going to loose interest extremely quick when they see that these characters aren't even talking in English. It was dull, I felt nothing (hope that's not too harsh)
It was way too short too, unless you were aiming for that.

TommyZ says...

Thanks for your opinion! Yes, it was supposed to be as corny as possible. I'm sorry you thoght it was dull, I tried to write all the dialogue in Simlish, then again, some of that seems English anyway. When I was writing it I thought not to drag it out that long so I cut it rather short. Of course you weren't being too harsh, all critiquing is good critiquing in my eyes! See you around.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 am

This is great!
I noticed the simlish that they were speaking is actually accurate. I think I heard some of the dialogue in the game XD

TommyZ says...

Yeah, I spent quite some time on the game listening to the language for this short. Thanks a lot, I had fun writing this fan fiction and I'm glad you had fun reading it! See you around.

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash