When?

by Tigi

When will dark come to an end,
light will shine and shadows bend?
When shall hate be no more,
close the blinds and shut the door?
When can lovers meet again,
open their eyes, shut out the pain?

When will birds sing loud and true,
sing of the things they see and do?
When shall flowers open and smile,
lighting every country mile?
When can clouds just fly on by,
without having to dtop and sigh?

Where will imagination take us?
How long will we be gone?
When will life awaken us?
What is going on?

Tigi x

Emerson wrote a review...

When will dark come to an end,
light will shine and shadows bend?

This doesn't really make sense to me, because in the sentence you use the very will twice and it just...doesn't make sense. perhaps if you said "Will light shine" instead of "light will shine".

When can lovers meet again,
open their eyes, shut out the pain?

Though a rhyming dictionary says 'pain' and 'again' rhyme, they do only if you pronounce again the same way as pain, and not many [Americans/People] do that. So...yeah.

without having to dtop and sigh?
Typo.

Your rhythm was a little funky in places (count it out) and the fact that the last stanza had no rhythm at all (sort of) was annoying since the rest of the poem had one, in general at least.

The poem was good, and well written, but it still lacked that "ompf" to make it really good. I didn't take anything away from it/feel anything. It was pretty, sure, but what did it do for me? I'm not sure how you could fix that, and as always that part is just my opinion so you can take it a grain of salt.

bonne chance!

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket