Tell Her I was not Scared; Tell Him I know he was Brave

by TheWordsOfWolf

This is written as the last words two of my characters, Kanto and Jinora wanted to say to each other.

Tell her that I was not scared to die.

Knowing she would live, would thrive,

was enough to keep my courage alive.

I was not scared to die.

I only wish she was still by my side.

Though I am glad she does not have to fight. 

I hope she's proud I was not scared to die.

I just regret I had to leave her behind.

Death meant putting my feelings aside.

Will she remember our plan for life?

Or move on to some other guy?

I don't mind either way. 

So long as she's happy for the rest of her days.

Please, tell her I was not scared to die. 

-Kanto

Tell him I know he was brave,

and that I'll remember him for all my days.

However long this life lasts,

his memory will not remain in the past.

I will miss him with all of my heart, 

and every day I ache because we're apart.

Tell him I'm proud he was brave, 

and so are all the people he died to save.

I know that he is in a better place,

and that he's watching as I finish this race.

I'll use his words to guide me on,

they'll comfort me from dusk till dawn

Tell him I love him forever,

and I won't forget him, never 

Tell him I know he was brave,

and I'm proud of the sacrifice he made

Tell him I will see him again,

and I'll wait for him till then 

-Jinora

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:13 pm
AriesBookworm wrote a review...

Two lovers who never got the chance to say goodbye. Wishing, praying that the other knew how they felt. Little do they both know that the other knew how they felt, who they were, and what their life would have been. Even if one lover moves on, she'll never forget her first love. Because her first love wanted her to know that he was not afraid, that he was glad she would get to live another day. She was proud of who she loved and she always will be. Because when you truly love someone, they're never really gone.

Exactly! You get it!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 am
Wordzyy wrote a review...

Heya,
This is poem is magnificent in its way and it moved me. Exceptionally good.
Such respect and love the poet feels in the lines are felt when they're read.
It was smooth and paved for an amazing read.
The reader could feel the emotions of the poet here, for the voice of the poem was so geniune and gentle.

I felt the lines are filled with full of love. The last line was intense. Heart touching poem.
Glad that I stumbled upon this one.

Hi thank you for taking the time to read and review my poem I really appreciate it!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:57 pm
vampricone6783 says...

This was interesting and emotional to read.The dialogue between the two really shows how much they’ve come to know and accept each other.I might read some of your other work,too.So I can understand this on a new level.I liked both of their dialogue,I can’t pick a favorite.I wonder what happens after this.Do they meet on the other side or is that it? Anyway,I hope you have a good day/night.

Hey thanks for the review! I can say that these two do meet again eventually. Takes a long time though. Kanto died young and Jinora did not. Any other bits of their story I shall not yet reveal. anyway thanks again

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 am
WrenZorya wrote a review...

Hello, and good morning/ afternoon/ evening/ night/ or whenever it is in your part of the dimension! Wren here to review this… this… tearjerker.

Hi. Yeah. There needs to be a warning on these things, like “yeah this will end your life for a little while, read with caution.”

This is magnificent and terrible and beautiful and horrible and just… perfect! It is obvious that you deeply understand your characters and their feelings! I am left wanting to know every detail of their story, I want to know who they were and how they fell in love and how this happened to them.

Thank you for your fantastic contribution to society and to my favorite poems, and keep up the amazing work!

Hello thank you so much for the review and for you very kind words!

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author