Stand By Me

by TheWordsOfWolf

Stand by me

when I am at my weakest,

don't go

when I'm okay on my own.

That's how I know

I can trust you. 

Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:12 am
BornToBeGreat wrote a review...

How's it going?

Again, another short poem but it still serves a substantial purpose. It can give the reader an idea of what two people need in a relationship, loyalty and trust. I took a while to think after I read this. I thought about dependability in relationship and how vital it is. I don't know what it about your poems, they make me stop and actually make me think about life. I tend to be a deep thinker as you tell. Anyways there is only one small little change that I would like to make in this poem.

Stand by me
when I am at my weakest,
But don't go ( I would take "but" out of here, to me it doesn't really effect the poem very well)
when I'm okay on my own.
That's how I know
I can trust you.

Still this is pretty good and I will continue to keep reading your work.

Stay strong,
-BornToBeGreat

Hello again. Thank you again for the review. I'm very glad that what I have written has made you think its always one of the things I hope to achieve when posting something new.
Thank you for the suggestion and kind words. I will take out the word "but" after rereading this I realized it dulls the line quite a bit.
Look forward to seeing you around!

as always,
Wolf

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:37 am
WrenZorya wrote a review...

Good morning/afternoon/evening/ night! I'm here for a little review!

I really like this poem! The last line kind of hits you when you read it, like an unexpected twist almost. It's a little bit of a reverse than what people are normally talking about, which was a nice change of pace!

Overall a great poem, keep it up! Thank you!

Thanks so much for the review I appreciate it!

NightsInWhiteSatin wrote a review...

Much shorter than I expected, but it's not really a bad thing. Of course, if you made it a bit longer and let us expierience more of your feelings it would be great, but even without that you gave us a look at the raw desires of the protagonist's needs. I feel like this is something that comes from the very bottom of one's heart, the very thing they need in a relationship, and in that this poem is very powerful, despite its short length. You have shown us a very intimate and vulnerable cofession, great poem. Keep writing Wolf!

Thanks so much for the review. One thing I keep hearing from people is to make my poems longer and I am working on doing that it just does not come as naturally to me. anyway thanks for taking the time to review!

ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hey! Forever here for a very short review!
Here we have an awesome poem. It's short, simple but wonderful in its own terms. I loved it. It tells us a truth to which people pay no heed. I have never thought in this way but the poem made me think about it. How we think ppl don't need us when theyvare okay but it's actually not the right thought. The only critique I have is in the second and the third line. You have capitalized after putting a comma. Maybe replace that comma with a full stop or maybe write but in lower case. Choose the one which seems better in your eyes.
Again, it was a great poem.
~Forever

hey thanks so much for the review. I am glad that it has made you think. I will keep an eye on the punctuation and capitalization! thanks again for taking the time to review I really appreciate it

silented1 says...

I wish it wasn't rude to comment poetry of my own. I have words for you, friend. Few, but enough.

To review:

Remove but, it lowers impact.

This is a nice two sentences. It works well, but I have to be in the mood to hear your words properly. If you want to change that, try something adding simile or metaphor. Build a poem-scene. If not, just a story then, of what happened or what will be, you know.

hey thanks so much for taking the time to review I will keep those points in mind, thanks again!

WrenZorya says...

Good morning, afternoon, night, or aftermorrow!

This is an awesome poem! It's short, but powerful. I really enjoyed the rhythm! I am extremely excited to read more!!

Thank you and until next time!

Thanks so much for the review

History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.
— Karl Marx