Home » Literary works » Poetry » Literature

Never Let You Die

by TheWordsOfWolf

I will never let you die

I will immortalize you

In the words of a story 

That becomes a legend

I will never let you die

Tue May 25, 2021 7:56 am
Phillauthet wrote a review...

The implications of the poem, when put so simply, is something really admirable. It's very short and to the point, with no beating around the bush. I love how you say that the person is 'Immortalized' in the 'Words of a Story', which in turn 'Becomes a Legend'. The emotion captured in the words is also really interesting, as it implies the affection felt for the 2nd person. There's nothing much I can say about this poem, just keep posting!

Thanks so much for the review! I really appreciate it!

I. Love. This. Poem.

There is nothing else to say.

So glad you like it! Thanks for the comment!

Sat May 22, 2021 12:02 am
pineapple321 wrote a review...

Hi!

I love this. Simply put, it was so impactful. It short and quick. It got right to the point and had that emotional part in it.

The poem was about losing someone and making sure to keep their memory alive. It was like a promise to the person. It was truly beautiful. I got chills reading this. I will never get over this poem!

Overall, awesome job. Keep writing!

Signed,
Pineapple

Oh wow, thank you so much for the amazing review. I certainly didn't expect this poem to be so... impactful!

Fri May 21, 2021 9:43 am
Shayna Basu wrote a review...

Hey there !!!

I truly adore and deeply admire the poem as it is so unique from the rest of the poems out there
Your poem is short and yet so impactful to our understanding of an inscrutable suffering- death
The power of holding on and never letting go highlights the presence of true love in the world

Looking forward for more poems .
cheers !!!

Thanks so much for the review I really appreciate it!

RandomTalks wrote a review...

Hello, here for a short review.

Your poem was so short and yet so powerful. Every word held its own unique impact and as the reader, being familiar with loss, I could actually relate to it on another level. I can feel this person's promise to hold on and it almost feels personal. So good job. Not many poems can make you feel that.

I hope to read more of your works. Have fun writing and stay safe!

Wow thank you so much for your kind review!

Tue May 18, 2021 5:46 am
justwaiting says...

I love how so much is said in so little words. The simple beauty of holding on and not letting go. My favorite line is "that becomes a legend". I feel like it emphasizes that it isn't just for now. You will always think of this person for the rest of your life.

That's just what I was trying to emphasize, so glad it came through. Thank you so much for your review!

WrenZorya wrote a review...

This is really really amazing!! I've reread it a few times and I'm still getting chills! It flows really well, and the message is wonderful! I found this short but sweet. I'm really looking forward to reading some more of your writing! Excuse me while I go obsess over this in the corner. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much!

Carpe Diem
— Catullus