Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Literature

Colours of life .

by Tanaymakin

Colours are obtained due to reflection,diffraction and what so ever.

Colours actually in some way depicts our life.

Colour are not what you actually see, it is what you actually miss. Colours can easily help in depicting our life.

Whenever human eye notices a colour (red ,green,blue,yellow) it's not because we actually see that colour , its actually because that colour dominates the rest of them and that particular colour is reflected through the surface.

Same philosophy follows in our lives , only those people who dominates the weak and shy are visible and glows everywhere ,these people are the one's who are always noticed first or we can say these people who rule over other's. These people create a environment of motivation and yet discouragement depending on situations .

Dominant actually have a leading capability like colours have a overpowering capability like darker colours always overpowers the weak and light colour ,same way dominant people always leads or rules the weak one's .

Ever imagined why the sky looks blue ? Or why leaves are green or why do certain objects have fixed colours . It is because objects actually absorb rest all the colours and reflects the light of particular wavelength.

Same tradition follows in human. Human's are a bunch of several characters and opinions ,the strongest character or opinion which dominates other ones's is the one reflected.

Whenever we judge someone's character as rude , arrogant, sweet , kind , humble or any such it is because that person's that particular behavior or character is dominating over his other characters same way colour does.

Whenever we choose some colour as favorite one , it is because that one dominates other's same way we choose our life partners the one who dominates other's is the one we say we love or like.

So colours play a very decisive role in everyone's life .

Colour is life and life should be full of colours.....

BluesClues wrote a review...

Hmm. This is an interesting philosophy. I like that you tie the fact that the colors we see are because they dominate other colors in that particular object to the way we view other people, often painting them one way or another. It reminds me of a line from John Green's Papertowns, where he says that humans are very bad at seeing other people as people; we either see them as saints or complete monsters.

I think this would be more interesting as a story, however, perhaps one where you more subtly hint at this idea instead of stating it outright. Perhaps putting this philosophy through the lens of a character, an artist, maybe, who knows about how color works and sometimes thinks about how we see people the same way. You don't have to do that, of course, but I think it would help you tie these two ideas together. Right now, it seems like the only way it happens is by you saying things like

Same philosophy follows in our lives , only those people who dominates the weak and shy are visible and glows everywhere ,these people are the one's who are always noticed first or we can say these people who rule over other's.

So you could keep this as an essay, but it might be easier to get your ideas together more fluidly in a different format.

Aaraju wrote a review...

Hi, I am here for a quick review.
The first line itself turned me off.
Life is so rich.
We live in an abundant, continually expanding universe.
Look around a observe the many colors, shades and hues of God’s creation.
Planet Earth is full of natural wonders.
Nature gives us so much beauty, joy and colors.
People come in so many different packages and personalities.
Life is anything but boring.
Make sure that you allow yourself to enjoy all of life’s colors and distinctions.
It is easy to judge others, especially if they are different than you.
It is easy to judge yourself, too.
See if you can suspend your judgment and simply observe….take in all in.
Allow yourself to just experience the moment.
It is the different colors and people that make life so interesting and unpredictable.
Variety adds spice to life.
Sometimes we meet people in personal and business relationships and it starts out very promising.
Then things happen and we find out that our original impression was not accurate and the relationship
does not work out. See if you can discover the lesson in it for you and not judge yourself or the other person. You always have free choice of what you want to do or who you want to be with. You are never at the effect of anyone else unless you choose to give up your power and freedom of choice.
Keep and open heart and mind and stay positive.
Even a “bad” experience taught you something important and had a silver lining.
Even the worst experience contains within it the seed of and equal or greater benefit.
So drop the loss and take the gain!
Take the best and leave the rest!

So, yeah, I liked the gist of your work and would like you to work on the structure to improve it.

Tuckster wrote a review...

Hi there Tanaymakin, and a late welcome to YWS! I'm MJ, and I'm here to write reviews longer than your actual entry :)

To avoid boring you too much, let's jump into some thoughts/critiques/compliments,
1) Your piece was slightly scientifically inaccurate. Colors are actually an optical illusion, caused by how much sunlight an object absorbs, not one color that stands out more than the others. That's why when you're in a dark room, everything seems black. This seems insignificant, but that changes your analogy to humans and colors.
2) A grammar nitpick here: In your essay you seemed to have a couple of incorrect comma placements. The correct way to put a comma into a sentence would be "Because you used a comma incorrectly, I corrected you." The way you did several times would be "Because you used a comma incorrectly ,I corrected you." With formal writing more than informal fiction, it is important to have grammar and spelling correct to look more polished and be taken seriously.
3) I would argue that color doesn't play much role in anyone's life. It possibly could affect what paint color I choose for my bedroom, or the color of my car, or the marker I use on a coloring page, but other than that colors don't affect a whole lot in life. Colors have never caused a birth, a death, changed someone's life, causes significant emotional changes, etc. Colorblind people do miss out on some pleasures of life, and color adds excitement and variation, but colorblind people still make it through life just fine, and it isn't a significant handicap. For example, one of my buddy's friend's dad is partly colorblind, and it hasn't affected his relationship with my friend or changed his personal life in any significant ways.

*VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, SUPER DUPER, IMPORTANT NOTE*
Please do not think that your essay is wrong. Essays can never be wrong, they can simply be not very strong or inaccurate. I believe that you have a great idea here, but there is some scientific misconceptions. Even though I disagree with your thesis (main point), that does not mean that you are wrong and I am right. It's just always worth considering how someone could argue against your position so you can add sections that counter their argument.

Hopefully I was helpful! Sorry for the harshness of my review, I like to review that way because it is what really helps you improve your writing. It is much better for an author to have their work literally torn up and put back together in a better way than for someone to shower them with praise and make a few nitpicks. The former way will improve your writing and make you stronger; the latter will make you weaker and overconfident.

Best wishes,
MJ

rosette wrote a review...

Heya, Tanay! I see you're fairly new to YWS so Welcome! I certainly hope you enjoy your time here. :D
I'm not much of a reviewer of articles. Actually, I don't think I ever have reviewed one but hey, there's a first time for all of us.

I like the idea of this piece. You've compared colors to personalities - I don't think I've ever seen that before, but its great. I've never thought about the similarities and you've totally put a new perspective on it all for me, so allow me to say: thanks for writing this! However, this is a review so I won't be gushing all over the place on the fantastic-ness of this. So, let us begin.
I'm wondering why you only mentioned one personality trait in here, the dominant or more (according to the four temperaments), choleric people. It is, in my opinion, one of the more dominating and obvious traits and your comparison to it and color is fabulous but... I think the other personality traits have their own colors to accompany them as well. Sanguine people, the super friendly and out-going partyers, seem to be more of the bright yellows, oranges, and neon greens of the world; while with phlegmatics I'm leaning towards soft or nude colors, mellow and easy-going like them. Do you see? You could expand this article, try to include as many kinds of people in this world that there are, instead of limiting it to one group. I think that would give your article more... color.

I see BlueSunset pointed out a few things but you have a ton of grammatical and punctuation errors. And that made it extremely difficult to read in some instances. I'll point out a few but I suggest you go back over this and try to fix it up as much as you can. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, either! We're all here to help. ;)

Colours are obtained due to reflection, diffraction and what so ever.

I don't like how you ended that first sentence. You're using all these nice color-words (reflection, diffraction) and then WHAM, you smack us with this completely undescriptive adverb. According to Oxford Dictionaries, "what so ever" or "whatsoever" could mean "whatever" or "at all". That latter one makes no sense when put in the context of this, and the first one (whatever) gives this article an highly uneducated appearance. Like you don't know what you're talking about. Just, whatever. If you don't know what exactly to stick there (because you need something other than that "whatsoever"), just keep the sentence short and simple: Colours are obtained due to reflection and diffraction. I didn't add the following three sentences after that first one, just the second. But I noticed they all began with "Colour" or "Colours". That's giving this choppy flow to the piece and I'm suggesting you switch the sentences around a bit. For example, in that second one I have in quotes, you could say: In some way, Colours actually depict our life. OR you could even throw a couple of your opening four sentences together.

Colours can easily help in depicting our life.

Um, this is basically saying the same thing. You've worded it differently a little but all in all, its conveying the same message.

(The) same philosophy follows in our lives , only those people who dominates the weak and shy are visible and glows everywhere. These people are the one's who are always noticed first or we can say these people who (even) rule over other's.

First off, you should probably make this two sentences. Previously, it all kind of ran together and was super bewildering. "Dominates" and "glows" dooonn't sound quite right. I think you meant "dominate" and "glow". Random note but you seem to use "one's" a lot. I mean, an awful lot. In this case, (second sentence here) you could most likely change it to "These people are the type of people" instead of "These people are the one's".

Human's are a bunch of several(?) characters and opinions ,the strongest character or opinion which dominates (the) other ones's is the one reflected.
The main issue I had with this is you used "bunch" and several" separated by one mere word. In the end, they literally mean the same thing. A bunch of people... several people... we get the same image. So, you need to cut one out. Maybe instead of "several characters" you could say "different characters" and I'll be honest, I really don't like "bunch". It doesn't fit into your flow. Find a synonym like "group" or "gathering" or "horde" - its your choice! [Side note: "ones's" should be "ones"]

Whenever we judge someone's character as rude , arrogant, sweet , kind , humble or any such it is because that person's that particular behavior or character is dominating over his(?) other characters (the) same way colour does.

This statement is WAY too long and confusing. I had to re-read it about a dozen times. Literally. And I'm still not even sure I understand it. I think when you said "dominating over his other characters", you meant the other characters, because unless this guy's got multiple personalities, I don't see how that would work. I also don't quite like how you said "or any such" near the beginning. "Any such thing" is a phrase, but I've never heard of simply "any such" like you used. Besides, that's just making the sentence longer than it needs to be. I suggest you say something more along the lines of: Whenever we judge someone's character as rude, arrogant, sweet, kind OR humble, it is because... Also: aren't "sweet" and "kind" basically the same thing? I'm also trying to fully grasp the meaning of this statement. Are you saying that I judge someone as an arrogant person, its because his arrogance is dominating over other peoples personalities? That makes sense, in a way, but I think you should give an example, as I just did, to further help(?) people understand. Because the statement you just used honestly had me scratching my head.

Whenever we choose some colour as our favorite one , it is because that one (colour) dominates the others. In the same way (when) we choose our life partners, the one who dominates (the) other's(?) is the one (whom) we say we love or like.

I struggled with this sentence as well. I don't know if you decipher all my edits in there, but I do suggest you make this two sentences and add what I put in bold to the actual thing-a-majing. If you want to follow my suggestions, the sentence(s) would end up looking like this: Whenever we choose some colour as our favorite, it is because that colour dominates the others. In the same way, when we choose our life partners, the one who dominates the other characters is the one whom we say we love or like. I put "characters" in green because I'm not sure if that was the right word. "others" doesn't work, its so vague it could mean anything. You need to clarify who that "others" may be. "Possible life partners" sounds a little odd to me, but I'll leave all the choices up to you.

Whew. So this was a bit of a lengthy review. I hope you found it helpful, Tanay, and if you got any questions, please ask them! If my comments disturbed you in any way or were a little too harsh, gosh, I'm sorry. I truly did enjoy this piece and despite the mistakes here and there, its good! Do not think otherwise. :P
Anyhoo, I'll let you go now. Have a great day, dude and keep up your writing! :)
cheers!
-TheKid

BlueSunset wrote a review...

Hey there! I will be reviewing your article today.

Since I don't normally review articles, this may be a little different for me. Forgive me if I mix anything up!

Already in the first sentence, make sure to add a space after the comma. Same with in between the first word and the comma after. Don't put a space before the comma! The comma wants to stick with the word before, but not the word after. I saw this happen multiple times later in this article. Spaces after the comma stops the words from getting all jumbled up! Also, by saying "what so ever", did you mean to say "whatsoever"?

Colour needs to be capitalized in the first sentence here. And, I had a problem with the second sentence quoted. It was basically a repeat on the second sentence of this article. Make sure you do not continue writing the same thing, just in slightly different words. I want to hear new things from you in this article! :D
These people create a environment of motivation yet discouragement depending on situations .

Delete the space before the period. Turn a into an because there is a vowel after it - environment. This sentences is also slightly confusing. Did you mean to say "depends" instead of "depending"? Make sure you get your tenses correct - something about the wording here seems confusing and off.

I noticed this whole sentence is connected by "like"s. Try splitting this sentence up into numerous sentences; maybe something better will turn out.
Or why leaves are green or why do certain objects have fixed colours .

Take away the period and replace that with a question mark. Also make sure the space is not there in between the word.
....that person's that particular behavior or character is dominating over his other characters, the same way colour does.

Everything in red take out. Everything in green add.
Whenever the human eye notices a colour (red ,green,blue,yellow) it's not because we actually see that colour , it's actually because...

Please add the words/punctuation in green. The apostrophe is very important.

One thing that really caught my eye. I saw that you used the word actually a lot. I would try taking this word out in multiple places. Chances are, half of them you won't even need at all. I know you want to use this word to emphasize your writing, but there are plenty others that will work as well, or you can take it out altogether! I encourage you to go back and take the word "actually" out in different spots. You don't need to take them all out. You don't need to take any out at all, but I believe this will help improve your article, and taking actually out is a good start to improvement! This word is one of the top most commonly used words that you can take out of your writing, for it doesn't add any information whatsoever.
After reading this whole article, I did notice that this had a lot of small errors and nitpicks here and there; lots to do with punctuation. Make sure you go back and edit this, rereading your works always helps you improve! I'd love to see another version of this, possibly when it has been edited and improved.
I hope this helped! :D

~BlueSunset

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky